PDA

View Full Version : ZC on PSP

zecster
04-17-2005, 05:20 AM
I think it would be GREAT is these guys or someone port this game to the PSP even i don;t think they will, It would be a ton of work to do so i think plus they need a PSP SDK and right now only sony devolopers can get one.

goKi
04-17-2005, 05:24 AM
it's unlikely. Very unlikely. There's more likely to be a DOS game emulator of some sort which would allow you to play a DOS version of ZC on the PSP than an actual port. I haven't really followed the PSP, since it doesn't particularly appeal to me, so i have no idea how the progress of unlicensed development is going. In due time, we will see.

MottZilla
04-18-2005, 01:33 AM
It's certainly possible, but quiteunlikely (without a dos/windows emulator or other such wrapper). The end.

Ganonator
04-18-2005, 01:43 AM
It might be easier than we all imagined for a PSP port. Also, the PSP uses regular NTFS, so we could load and save quests with no problems.

We'll have to wait for a regular NES or SNES emulator on it to see how it all works out.

Carcer
04-18-2005, 02:10 PM
I think it would be GREAT is these guys or someone port this game to the PSP even i don;t think they will, It would be a ton of work to do so i think plus they need a PSP SDK and right now only sony devolopers can get one.

Zelda on a PSP?
Are we talking non Nintendo licensed here? In which case it would be hard, but someone would be able to, one day. I have no idea how.
Perhaps you could do it on the DS... have one screen for editing, and another for... selecting sprites? I don't know, but it would certainly make good use of both screens.
How you'd get it on a cartridge though is another thing.

MottZilla
04-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Ganonator, the file system is relatively unimportant. You don't need one but it helps a tad. The main issues are things like handling sound, graphics, etc. Esspecially handling them in a manor that wouldnt require too much of the code being drastically changed.

Hot Water Music
04-18-2005, 04:33 PM
stfu with the "I want a portable ZC" it's not going to happen because it would be f*cking ridiculous to reprogram everything to work with the PSP

Orion
04-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Chill buddy, chill. Everybody is just havin some fun thinkin about it. Nothin wrong with that.

Dogchew9
04-27-2005, 08:43 PM
I think it would be best for the DS because,
1. you could use the stylus for somthing relationg a mouse :P
2. You could use the DS download play function (somthing the PSP doens't have) to get quests
3. noone is going to use 128 freakin bits anyway making a quest
4.you could use the double screen fuction in game for (GAMEPLAY) The bottom screen be they play screen, top being menu (QUEST EDITOR) The bottom for making screens (the stylus would be a nice addition here, as I said. top being for the tile editor and various other screens. Like you load a screen and it appears on the top scren, but you would have to youse the buttons and control pad for navigating that, same as gameplay menu screen.
OVERALL: The DS is just so much more compatible for ZC hands down, and you people who see this, I hope you agree.

Aori Radidjiu
04-29-2005, 12:51 PM
I'm agreeing with Dogchew9. Also, when the DS becomes compatible with wireless hotspots for internet access, you would be able to download ZC-related stuff.

Orion
04-29-2005, 01:07 PM
This is kinda a dead thread... a lot of this has already been discussed in the DS thread.