PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!'s Armageddon Quest version up:hardest zelda on the world!

OUCH!
04-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Newest version can download this Armageddon Quest's homepage.
http://www.geocities.com/lovelydfw/zcquest.html

I changed some enemies,traps,and maps.
Let's challenge!

Old thread is here.
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=85053

SoStaci
04-17-2005, 12:11 AM
you're mad to come up with an insanely challenging version....ok,

*tries*

Cole
04-20-2005, 01:14 PM
It's easy to make a quest harder. Just put Link through a 1 way shutter into a room with 10 Darknut deathnights and give Link no weapon to defend himself and than try to say you can beat it.

Scary thing is, some people would probably be foolish enough to try. >.>

SoStaci
04-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Well so far, i haven't noticed any notable changes except for Level 1 and the Patra in a room below the key room.

When you see mine, it'll obviously be much easier than this....lol

OUCH!
04-21-2005, 11:20 AM
>Well so far, i haven't noticed any notable changes
>except for Level 1 and the Patra in a room below the key room.
Let's go to the room with the wood boomerang.
The trap is more difficult.
Can you pass there with no damage?

elise
04-21-2005, 12:17 PM
here is a challenge for you Ouch make a playable Quest for everybody :tongue: ;)

SoStaci
04-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Oh i did that easily, but no other notable changes besides that.

Ganonator
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
here is a challenge for you Ouch make a playable Quest for everybody :tongue: ;)
Sad that members need to be told this.

There is a specific equation for fun quests, and as difficulty is involved, it isn't linearly related. You need to reward the player for going through difficult situations (this is why Zelda is so popular in the first place) and give the player an alternate path for things that are too hard to complete.

I won't be playing this. There is no reason for me to waste my time on a quest that exists for pure difficulty, unless the reward was so good, I couldn't pass it up.

SoStaci
04-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Sad that members need to be told this.

There is a specific equation for fun quests, and as difficulty is involved, it isn't linearly related. You need to reward the player for going through difficult situations (this is why Zelda is so popular in the first place) and give the player an alternate path for things that are too hard to complete.

I won't be playing this. There is no reason for me to waste my time on a quest that exists for pure difficulty, unless the reward was so good, I couldn't pass it up.

As much as it seems difficult, i'm not giving up! I may have died 360+ times, but I am not a quitter.

gekos
04-21-2005, 06:30 PM
I agree with Ganonator & Elise. There is no fun to this quest. I've been playing it since it was first released. I've gotten many items amd have slowly moved along. However, I find myself having to stop the game (take a time out) out of sheer frustration. I've had to go through some rooms 50+ times just to find another equally impossible room.

Like stated by Cole- anyone can make a hard quest.

I'm inclided to believe that this quest may just be an ego trip for the designer. The only help and encouragement we get from Ouch is that the quest will only get harder. When Dagon discovered a clever way to bypass the bubbles (it really works! - thanks Dagon), Ouch immediately posted a harder version. Wow, that really makes me want to start over. Now it will take me 60 times to get the wooden sword instead of the 40 it took in the "easier version".

As far as quitting - remember, this in not life, it's just a game!

Overall, this could be a great quest, perhaps one of the best. It has many good concepts. Trouble is, most players will stop playing out of boredom or frustration and never get to see what else the author designed.

It's like reading a good book, but the pages get harder to turn. Soon enough, you can't get to the next page so you close the book and never know the ending.

SoStaci
04-21-2005, 08:35 PM
I agree with Ganonator & Elise. There is no fun to this quest. I've been playing it since it was first released. I've gotten many items amd have slowly moved along. However, I find myself having to stop the game (take a time out) out of sheer frustration. I've had to go through some rooms 50+ times just to find another equally impossible room.

Like stated by Cole- anyone can make a hard quest.

I'm inclided to believe that this quest may just be an ego trip for the designer. The only help and encouragement we get from Ouch is that the quest will only get harder. When Dagon discovered a clever way to bypass the bubbles (it really works! - thanks Dagon), Ouch immediately posted a harder version. Wow, that really makes me want to start over. Now it will take me 60 times to get the wooden sword instead of the 40 it took in the "easier version".

As far as quitting - remember, this in not life, it's just a game!

Overall, this could be a great quest, perhaps one of the best. It has many good concepts. Trouble is, most players will stop playing out of boredom or frustration and never get to see what else the author designed.

It's like reading a good book, but the pages get harder to turn. Soon enough, you can't get to the next page so you close the book and never know the ending.

I want to beat this game, that's what i mean by not giving up.

dagon
04-21-2005, 09:04 PM
You know i started this game expecting not to like it or to even finish it. As i've played it though, no matter how frustrating it has gotten, i've come to like it. The dungeon design really is inventive and quite entertaining and this game has made me realize how bored i've gotten always being able to overpower everything with sheer brute force by way of the hammer and the rings. I actually have to worry about taking damage and it's made me pay far more attention to what i'm doing than i've had to for a long time.

gekos
04-22-2005, 08:40 AM
Dagon: No doubt! I think it is very inventive and I also have come to like it - alot. And that's my point. The difficulty is so severe that most of us will never see the rest of Ouch's work. At some point in the quest the frustration overwhelms your desire to continue and you quit. That's why I take breaks from this game. I view it as baby steps to the finish.

OUCH!
04-22-2005, 11:23 PM
A great zeldaclassic player come into existence!
The name is dagon :clap:

SoStaci
04-22-2005, 11:29 PM
While you break from Ouch's quest, download mine.

Ouch, nice work even though it is ridiculously hard!

OUCH!
04-23-2005, 12:26 AM
>Ouch, nice work even though it is ridiculously hard!
Thank you,Mike.
I am praying that you can beat my quest. :computer:

SoStaci
04-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Again, just call me Mike.

My sn=I love Stacie Orrico

OUCH!
04-23-2005, 05:06 AM
I added the house of link's all map to my homepage.

dagon
04-23-2005, 02:19 PM
A great zeldaclassic player come into existence!
The name is dagon :clap:

My official death count was 316 deaths, 50 of those alone came just from killing that terrible terrible boss of the forest dungeon, but the count is really much higher since i did a retry every time i died going for the wand since i had already used all my bombs and potions. In hindsight i would have done the forest dungeon before b-button pyramid since the items from the forest dungeon would have helped greatly in b-button pyramid.

Great quest Ouch. You obviously didn't worry too much about the overworld which i actually like running around in when it comes to quests but your dungeons are very very good and were clearly the focal point of your game. Definetely not a game for people that like the puzzle aspect of the zelda games but still the game i've enjoyed the most in quite a while. It's old school zelda on speed.

This is just my opinion of course but here's my take on the difficulty of Ouch's quest. I think other games can be just as hard, just hard in their own way. So many of the games now focus on the puzzle aspect and while some of them can be very difficult, for me anyways, you can come to these message boards to find the answers, something i'm guilty of. I think if people didn't have that solution there'd be just as much frustration at thoses games as this one. The difference in the frustration in this game is that Ouch made a game where you can't get help from him or other players in solving it. You pretty much always know what you need to do in this game, but you're going to have to actually do it on your own.

OUCH!
04-24-2005, 10:05 AM
>dagon
Thank you for a good opinion.

OUCH!
05-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Did you give up this quest?

dagon
05-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Me? I finished it.

Nameless
05-03-2005, 01:11 PM
dagon:Congratulations!

zcfan27330
05-21-2005, 04:21 PM
300 games and still nowhere. Just out of curistoy ouch can you beat this quest?

zcfan27330
05-21-2005, 04:21 PM
300 games and still nowhere. Just out of curistoy ouch can you beat this quest?

Nameless
05-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I supposed he have beat this quest several times. And I have beat two times.

Nameless
05-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I supposed he have beat this quest several times. And I have beat two times.

bigboylink
05-22-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm sure the quest is beatable; you just need to take small steps in order to complete it. I've been playing it since this quest came out and still have only 4 triforce pieces (though it's been almost a month since my last play). Just got to be patient and persistent.

Here's a question for any of those who have beaten the quest:

I'm currently going after the cross in Ganon's Castle. My current route is to go left from the entrance, down through the walk-through wall (no more gohmas!), and then left and up to face the invisible bat wizzrobe. Getting past this guy seems to be a complete coin-flip...I have no other strategy other than to mindlessly place bombs about the room and hope they hit. I've made it past him 3 times so far (out of about 20 attempts...don't ask why I keep trying). The next 2 rooms are a piece of cake, thanks to the red boomerang, but then the room with the invisible wall masters...I've always gotten grabbed when I enter. For the next time I enter, I'm going to use a combination of boomerang throwing to freeze the bubbles, and arrow throwing to eliminate the wall masters. My question is...what is in the next room below? (and to the left of the cross). I shudder to think that it will be the room of invisible wizzrobes and windrobes (since every room on the left side is a repeat of a previous room). Please someone tell me what to expect so that I may properly prepare for my next attack on this dungeon. Thanks.

bigboylink
05-22-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm sure the quest is beatable; you just need to take small steps in order to complete it. I've been playing it since this quest came out and still have only 4 triforce pieces (though it's been almost a month since my last play). Just got to be patient and persistent.

Here's a question for any of those who have beaten the quest:

I'm currently going after the cross in Ganon's Castle. My current route is to go left from the entrance, down through the walk-through wall (no more gohmas!), and then left and up to face the invisible bat wizzrobe. Getting past this guy seems to be a complete coin-flip...I have no other strategy other than to mindlessly place bombs about the room and hope they hit. I've made it past him 3 times so far (out of about 20 attempts...don't ask why I keep trying). The next 2 rooms are a piece of cake, thanks to the red boomerang, but then the room with the invisible wall masters...I've always gotten grabbed when I enter. For the next time I enter, I'm going to use a combination of boomerang throwing to freeze the bubbles, and arrow throwing to eliminate the wall masters. My question is...what is in the next room below? (and to the left of the cross). I shudder to think that it will be the room of invisible wizzrobes and windrobes (since every room on the left side is a repeat of a previous room). Please someone tell me what to expect so that I may properly prepare for my next attack on this dungeon. Thanks.

dagon
05-22-2005, 01:21 AM
You got it in one, invisible wizzrobes and windrobes.

dagon
05-22-2005, 01:21 AM

dagon
05-22-2005, 01:26 AM

For those invisible wallmasters, it's been a while since i've played this but can't you go up to the room with ganon in it and walk through the wall to the left and kill them from there? There's bubbles on that path too but for me it was still better to kill them there and warp back to the entrance from the room up above rather than fighting my way to that room just to get carried back to the entrance, especially since they won't come back because of the bubbles.

dagon
05-22-2005, 01:26 AM

For those invisible wallmasters, it's been a while since i've played this but can't you go up to the room with ganon in it and walk through the wall to the left and kill them from there? There's bubbles on that path too but for me it was still better to kill them there and warp back to the entrance from the room up above rather than fighting my way to that room just to get carried back to the entrance, especially since they won't come back because of the bubbles.

Nameless
05-22-2005, 09:00 AM
bigboylink:If you beat Ganon without cross, and you can get cross a bit easily. Actually, I have beat him two times without cross.

Nameless
05-22-2005, 09:00 AM
bigboylink:If you beat Ganon without cross, and you can get cross a bit easily. Actually, I have beat him two times without cross.

Samson007
05-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Good lord that quest was rediculous!

I was so happy when I got to the room with the first sword, and then i got wasted by those frickin wizzrobes!

Samson007
05-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Good lord that quest was rediculous!

I was so happy when I got to the room with the first sword, and then i got wasted by those frickin wizzrobes!

bigboylink
05-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Intersting...I could get the master sword first, thereby providing an easier route to the cross; or I could get the cross first, allowing for a much easier battle with Ganon. I think I will try fighting Ganon. Thanks for the info.

bigboylink
05-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Intersting...I could get the master sword first, thereby providing an easier route to the cross; or I could get the cross first, allowing for a much easier battle with Ganon. I think I will try fighting Ganon. Thanks for the info.

OUCH!
05-23-2005, 12:05 PM
In my homepage,Armageddon Quest update 5/18 :)
I changed the graphic of Ice Palace and Robber Mansion.
Please overwrite the old one to new version.
I want to update in this site too,but I don't know the method. :(

OUCH!
05-23-2005, 12:05 PM
In my homepage,Armageddon Quest update 5/18 :)
I changed the graphic of Ice Palace and Robber Mansion.
Please overwrite the old one to new version.
I want to update in this site too,but I don't know the method. :(

bigboylink
05-24-2005, 10:22 PM
To anyone who i still playing this, my idea of beating Ganon before getting the cross was a terrible idea. As far as I'm concerned it's impossible to hit him 8 times without being hit by a bubble. Finding that lone blue bubble is just luck afdter that. So I got the cross first, with some help from the Mirror Shield for that last room I was dreading.

All of a sudden I have 7 triforce pieces...yahoo!

So now that I've gotten my ass kicked in the Robber Mansion, I want to know if there's anything I'm missing. Here's my equipment so far:

Level 3 Sword, Level 3 boomerang, 24 bombs, quick bow & silver arrow, red candle, whistle, meat, potions, wand, mirror sheild, raft, power glove, and cross.

Is there only one item to be found in the Forest Dungeon? Please let me know if there's anything else I should have before tackling the robber mansion.

bigboylink
05-24-2005, 10:22 PM
To anyone who i still playing this, my idea of beating Ganon before getting the cross was a terrible idea. As far as I'm concerned it's impossible to hit him 8 times without being hit by a bubble. Finding that lone blue bubble is just luck afdter that. So I got the cross first, with some help from the Mirror Shield for that last room I was dreading.

All of a sudden I have 7 triforce pieces...yahoo!

So now that I've gotten my ass kicked in the Robber Mansion, I want to know if there's anything I'm missing. Here's my equipment so far:

Level 3 Sword, Level 3 boomerang, 24 bombs, quick bow & silver arrow, red candle, whistle, meat, potions, wand, mirror sheild, raft, power glove, and cross.

Is there only one item to be found in the Forest Dungeon? Please let me know if there's anything else I should have before tackling the robber mansion.

dagon
05-25-2005, 02:50 AM
Yeah, my hat's off to Nameless for beating Ganon without the cross, i can't for the life of me see how he did it.

Sounds about right, you got both the wallet and the fire boomerang out of the forest dungeon i imagine and i'm pretty sure those are the only items there other than the bomb upgrade of course.

Robber's mansion is a monster but once you get the ladder i'd definitely recommend using it to find out just what is in the top left corner of the overworld, it's a nice surprise and could help a LOT finishing Robber's mansion. Getting that first robber out of the way is the worst, once you get that done it starts getting downhill from there.

And i hope you don't make my mistake of taking the time to clear out that first room full of wind wizzrobes before you have the ladder, i wasted a lot of time doing that.

dagon
05-25-2005, 02:50 AM
Yeah, my hat's off to Nameless for beating Ganon without the cross, i can't for the life of me see how he did it.

Sounds about right, you got both the wallet and the fire boomerang out of the forest dungeon i imagine and i'm pretty sure those are the only items there other than the bomb upgrade of course.

Robber's mansion is a monster but once you get the ladder i'd definitely recommend using it to find out just what is in the top left corner of the overworld, it's a nice surprise and could help a LOT finishing Robber's mansion. Getting that first robber out of the way is the worst, once you get that done it starts getting downhill from there.

And i hope you don't make my mistake of taking the time to clear out that first room full of wind wizzrobes before you have the ladder, i wasted a lot of time doing that.

OUCH!
06-17-2005, 09:42 PM
My quest won critical acclaim by zeldaforum of Japan by a lot of people. :surprise:
However,why is the rating of my quest in this quest database only two hearts? :confuse2:
OK,I understood. :think:
People in the English speaking world is bad at playing zelda, :spin:
and almost people cannot even have taken the wood sword in my quest. . :laughing:
After all, Zelda is a Japan's game. :kiss:

Boommaster
06-17-2005, 10:45 PM
That's about right. Us Americans like a fun game not one that is almost impossible. I already deleted it from my program. Give us something that can be played. OR at least started.

dagon
06-18-2005, 12:43 PM
My quest won critical acclaim by zeldaforum of Japan by a lot of people. :surprise:
However,why is the rating of my quest in this quest database only two stars? :confuse2:
and almost people cannot even have taken the wood sword in my quest. . :laughing:

I'm sorry to see you having such a bad attitude to the lack of interest in your quest Ouch. It wasn't a bad quest but it's too one-dimensional with no overworld to speak of and no challenge to the solving the dungeons other than the enemies, which let's face it, any one of these quest makers could do and most likely do better if they were interested. Your game is no standard for zelda quests, it's a fun quest if you feel like running around killing enemies without having to think about what to do but that's it. Just too one-dimensional.

bigboylink
06-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Seriously, there's no reason to revive a three week old thread just because nobody is discussing it anymore. And I'm pretty sure you don't want to turn this into a US versus Japan argument...there's no way you can conclude that Japan has better Zelda players simply because it's "Japan's game". From whom in Japan did your quest receive critical acclaim? What's their opinion about the quests that do have 5 star ratings?

By the way, I rated your quest a 4...awesome dungeon design from the 8 dungeons that I've been through, but the small overworld was a bit of a disappointment...you certainly could have thrown in some puzzle type challenges (since your overall purpose seemed to be challenge, and there was a lack of puzzles in the dungeons), maybe puzzles like finding the dungeons, similar to Planet Quest (sorry I can't remember the author). My point is, your quest was good, but to reiterate dagon, it's certainly no standard for zelda quests, and it's a shame that your attitude isn't appreciative of some of the positive response you've received. I'm sure there's some desingers who have made very great quests, but because there's no controversy attached to them, they get lost in the huge database of quests and never get to hear about people enjoying them. You should be grateful that enough people have decided to give your quest a shot, in spite of the controversy.

And for pete's sake, go easy on the emoticons.

Nightmare
06-20-2005, 08:48 PM
OUCH, just a hint:

Make sure you can beat a quest yourself before you release it.

I did with the James Quests (probably much to some people's dismay)

-James

OUCH!
06-22-2005, 10:17 AM
I'm sorry,I was wrong. :banghead:
My name is not famous :shakeno:
So I wanted to become famous like Petoe,Freedom,DarkFlameWolf,Radien,Mr,Z and...... Nightmare! :think:
I wrote the insane sentence, :rofl:
because I want to be paid attention. :whap:

Nameless
06-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Ouch! told a lie. I remember comments for Armageddon Quest in Japanese forum.One player had beaten AQ many times (I thought who loves AQ).One player said I like AQ. A few players criticized AQ.

And I supposed many players didn't even play AQ.

zeldafannick
06-26-2005, 02:40 PM
I personally think this quest is WAY WAY too hard.But thats coming from an inexperienced ZC player :D

OUCH!
06-30-2005, 10:06 AM
The field of my quest is certainly small.
However, uselessness increases even if it is enlarged any further.
It is not an area but importance is a density. :newbie:

Zelda_Warrior
07-01-2005, 03:34 PM
w00t! I got the wooden sword without any deaths, although i died right after i picked it up. :(

I'm almost done with Link's house and I have 30 deaths. In Isle Of The Winds i had 40 deaths from level one. But of course the boss gave me most of the deaths in Isle Of The Winds, and I haven't gotton to the boss of Link's house yet.

This quest isn't TOO hard, but it sounds like it gets pretty hard later on.

imported_Dark_link
07-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Hey tight job on this quest. Im like big fan of zelda. This could make a good GBA, game (if u might add a easy for like noobies at zelda) You can pretty much beat this if you are skilled, and REALLY prodict the enemys or trap next move. But it for me sucked getting the sword, but i got it. Besides that i like challenge

Zelda_Warrior
07-03-2005, 11:08 AM
YEY! I almost beat level 1 to find out that there's a Gleeok in the dungeon that raised my death coun t by a good 25! But anyways, I beat link's house, but that stupid gleeok made my death count 60 for link's house. :(

Love For Fire
07-03-2005, 12:05 PM
Heh.. that Gleeok was easy... wait till you get to level 2 and 3. See if you're still even playing the game by then.

OUCH!
07-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Many people says that Gamble Dungeon's boss is very strong!!!

TehJay
07-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Could someone maybe explain to me how you're supposed to kill the Gleeok in Link's House without the use of your sword?

Love For Fire
07-04-2005, 08:36 PM
You'll have to get it back first... otherwise you can't kill the boss.

OUCH!
07-06-2005, 12:51 AM
You can view newest version's link's house's all map here!
Search blue bubble :cool:
http://www.geocities.com/lovelydfw/zcquest.html

OUCH!
07-24-2005, 04:39 AM
I think that most quest's usage of the key is unskilled.
Like my quest,you should make a lot of lock that should not be opened to clear
though becomes hard.

sctmorgan
07-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Help...I can't get the cross because of Ganon. It's impossible to defeat Ganon. I have tried for 3 days now to beat Ganon with no results. Is there any easier way to get the cross or is the cross located somewhere else. If you can help PM me, please.

OUCH!
07-27-2005, 10:15 PM
>sctmorgan
In most quest, Ganon is very weak. :(
Because there are a lot of hearts,red clothes and strong sword ,etc.
But in my quest,Ganon is very strong. :evil:
Because Link is very weak and there are a lot of invisible red item bubbles.

Ganon need not be knocked down before the cross is taken.
Old man says that "there are secrets in the room of Ganon"

Kingboo30
07-28-2005, 03:08 PM
However,why is the rating of my quest in this quest database only two hearts? :confuse2:
Link's House wasn't THAT hard. Japan is more skilled at this type of games than USA. Explain Super Mario 2 not getting here and had to hack Doki doki panic to get a mario game over here? Now that verison is called Super Mario USA. I'm going to go to the next dungeon now. I thought about something and I'll E mail you.

Zelda_Warrior
07-28-2005, 04:14 PM
I beat level 2 but I gave up on level 3, it's just not a very good quest. I can beat just about any ZC quest but this one is hard because of all the bubbles and shit.

Kingboo30
07-28-2005, 04:28 PM
It's a very good quest. Problem with it is that it's too hard for most people. Look at the people who beat James's quest 2. The people who were very skilled enjoyed this. If it were made easier i'm quite sure there would be more people.

OUCH!
07-29-2005, 06:55 AM
>kingboo30
One of great Japanese zeldaclassic player cleared Armageddon quest without buying the keys,meats,and potions. :eek:
In addition, when the triforce was completed, he left more than 10 keys. :scared:

>Zelda warrior
A lot of bubbles are necessary to make various situations. ;)

OUCH!
08-13-2005, 06:34 AM
I'm not good at English.
Are there the mistake of the message?

SoStaci
11-29-2005, 12:06 AM
1. Where is Level 3?
2. Where is the ladder?
3. How do I get level 3 sword and level 3 shield?
4. How to beat Gamble dungeon boss?

SoStaci
11-30-2005, 04:00 AM
Nvm, I just beat Ganon in Castle Of Ganon, got the magic sword and I'm now at 5 triforce pieces, 10 hearts, and a headache.

Ganon was easier than I thought minus the bubbles. Ouch!, make a quest fun and enjoyable, not painfully difficult! I can't rate your quest high, i'm sorry.

OUCH!
12-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Armageddon Quest playing movie
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXMUbQJjCVFOBrR6QPd1yFsY-JrFFy-AY&feature=mh_lolz