PDA

View Full Version : Item questions

Roahm
04-16-2005, 03:49 PM
I've alas been away from ZC for awhile now, and have found that on the latest version, a few new items have been included. I've tried looking around, but can't seem to find a concise list of what the items do. Specifically, I want to know what the following items do and how they work : Farore's Wind, Nayru's Love (I'm still not clear on those two), Misc 1 and 2 (I'm guessing they don't really do anything, but do they show up on the inventory screen?), and Amulet 1 and 2 (this is the cross, right? What's the difference between 1 and 2?). The others, I think I know. I am also curious about the one marked "Kill All Enemies." The name seems obvious enough, but is that an item that has to be set somewhere, or does it get dropped sometimes by enemies? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rakki
04-16-2005, 07:36 PM
First off, let me say, welcome back. I, myself, recently got back into ZC, after quite a while of not having it. Anyway, Farore's Wind takes you back to the entrance of a Dungeon, I believe, though I'm not sure exactly where it takes you on the overworld map. Probably to the continue point. Nayru's Love shields you from being hurt for a short time, though you can still get knocked back, like in OoT. I think I heard that the two Misc items are going to be sort of like trigger items. The developers are probably the only ones who know for sure what they do though, I don't believe they're used in any quests currently. As for the Amulets, you can go here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=85103) to see DN's plans for the Amulet. But basically, Amulet 1 lets you see invisible enemies, and Amulet 2 does nothing. Another do-nothing item is the Longshot. The hookshot already reaches across the entire screen, you can't even GIVE yourself the longshot through the Cheat menu or anything, so, yeah. And I don't think the "Kill All Enemies" thing is completed yet, and no, enemies can't drop it right now either. Another thing that isn't dropped by enemies, in version 2.10, is clocks. There's a bug that clocks never get dropped in the latest version, just so you don't need to ask about that later if you notice enemies are never dropping them even though you've got the rule checked for them to do so.

Roahm
04-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Ah, thank you very much for your help, and for the welcome back. That explained things quite nicely.

Rakki
04-16-2005, 08:21 PM
No problem. I'm sure you figured out what Din's Fire does as well, right? >_> Lol, that one's a little easy, if you just use it. Oh, there's also a lot of new secret combos you might wanna check out too, before I got it again recently, they only had the burn, arrow, bomb, superbomb, slash and 16 secret tile secret combos, now they've added things like different types of burn(blue candle, red candle, Din's Fire), arrow, etc. combos.