PDA

View Full Version : Yes, honey, whatever you say

Pablo
04-16-2005, 01:09 AM
http://www.thingsmygirlfriendandihavearguedabout.com/

Damn. Some of these sound pretty familiar, but still... damn. Check out the "our sink is blue" bit. Genius.

moocow
04-16-2005, 02:22 AM
She really over-reacts whenever she catches me wearing her underwear.

*falls over laughing* Simply hilarious.

Daarkseid
04-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Holy God.. that list just keeps going. I'm book marking for later reading when I'm bored.

Blonde799
04-16-2005, 03:57 AM
What's the moral of this story? NEVER SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST! :laughing:

Carcer
04-16-2005, 07:38 AM
*falls over laughing* Simply hilarious.
Same here. I was expecting it to crop up later on, but I was giggling like a school girl.
The sad thing is, that most of the things here are very similar to me and my ex's arguements. About nothing. It does get annoying, but I'm not sure we ever had that many things to argue about.

Eckels
04-16-2005, 10:08 AM
i spent about a half hour or so reading and i'm not even a 1/4 of the way through the page.

hilarious, but sad...

Mercy
04-16-2005, 11:31 AM
I stopped going to the site a while back when the mailing list became the main source for updates. Sadly, it appears that Mil has removed some of the more earthy material but it is nice to see his site still getting attention. The layout of the site always made me want to cringe even after changes over the years yet his wit and style make it more than tolerable.

m.

Beldaran
04-16-2005, 12:30 PM
The part about her not understanding the internet and always fucking up the computer reminds me of a picture I have on my hard drive.

http://www.forrestkyle.com/photos/bad_woman.jpg

Carcer
04-16-2005, 01:16 PM
That pic reminds me of something my friend said to his girlfriend the other day... We were discussing the General Election, and she said, "I don't know who I like" And he said, "Quiet. Women can't vote!"
It was insulting, but rather funny. All in jest, of course.

Rainman
04-17-2005, 03:31 AM
Margret doesn't like to watch films on the TV. No, hold on - let me make sure you've got the inflection here: Margret doesn't like to watch films on the TV. She says she does, but years of bitter experience have proven that what she actually wants is to sit by me while I narrate the entire bleeding film to her. 'Who's she?', 'Why did he get shot?', 'I thought that one was on their side?', 'Is that a bomb' - 'JUST WATCH IT! IN THE NAME OF GOD, JUST WATCH IT!' The hellish mirror-image of this is when she furnishes me, deaf to my pleading, with her commentary. Chair-clawing suspense being assaulted mercilessly from behind by such interjections as, 'Hey! Look! They're the cushions we've got.', 'Isn't she the one who does that tampon advert?' and, on one famous occasion, 'Oh, I've seen this - he gets killed at the end.'

I'm not in a relationship, but, from experience with various people, I can really relate.

phattonez
04-17-2005, 03:45 AM
We had an earthquake here the other week. Surprisingly, I'm not being metaphorical. I mean we had an actual earthquake: in the geological rather than the emotional sense. It happened at about one o'clock in the morning, we were pretty close to the epicentre, and it was 4.8 on the Richter scale. Now, I'm depressingly aware that all you Californians are right now glancing up from your crystals and pausing mid-mantra to snort, '4.8? Poh. That's not an earthquake, that's just someone slamming a door.' Well, yes, I suppose it's all relative, but here in England where tectonics is less brash and showy, 4.8 is easily vulgar enough to stand out.
The important thing is that just before 1 A.M. the whole house shook. Naturally, this woke us up. Cupboards rattled and banged, furniture shivered across the floor, the bed struggled like it was possessed by the spirit of a wild animal that was trying to get out. The instant it ended, Margret's freshly woken face slid in front of me. Her voice irritated and her eyes accusatively thin, she hissed, 'Was that you?'

Either she is stupid or he was dreaming.

Btw, I thought you might like to know I spent about a minute trying to put in the quote tags. I kept pressing tab instead of 'q.'