PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Courage Announcement

Pages : [1] 2

Cole
04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Update Announcement located on this page (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?p=1023259&posted=1#post1023259post1023259)

Cole
04-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Shattered Courage is now available to download at Zeldaclassic.

Please report any bugs that may come up in playing the game.

Future Plans: Right now I am currently improving level design in all the levels, also giving them more detail. I am also creating more challenges to get Heart Peice Containers, and I'm also adding a Volcano, Mountain, and Swamp regions to explore. That will be released on beta 2, an update of the original Shattered Courage.

sasja
04-22-2005, 07:45 AM
nice quest,looks really good. need a little help to find lvl 4 or the hookshot to proceed. and a better knife would be nice.

Rakki
04-22-2005, 09:51 AM
I found a bug, Cole! There's a bush you can push in the screen just north of where you get warped when you try to take the sword in the Temple of Time. The bush is the one right below the big tree in the middle of the screen.

Cole
04-22-2005, 12:39 PM
A bush you can push, hehe, that's a classic.

I'll keep that one in mind, That's obviously a flag left on a screen when I removed a certain warp there. Thanks for the notice.

Level 4 is located in the forest world, but the only way to get to that area is by taking a warp in the flooded world, that warp is in a cave very near the cave from which you first entered the flooded world from the ice world. On that same Island to be exact. =p You'll know you're on the right track when you find Relenia Castle.

A better sword will be available to you once you obtain the hookshot and an upgraded bracelet. You'll find the new sword when you adventure the Temple of Time in the ice world. It will warp you to the sword and that very warp is a very nice shortcut to level 5.

Rakki
04-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Erm, I also noticed the graphical errors of having only 1 under tile. Do you know how to set multiple under tiles through the use of secret flags? I can help you with that if you need.

boram_c
04-22-2005, 04:07 PM
I seem to be short of keys in Leve 6, Poison Pond. So far, I found two illusion walls but no bombable walls. Where are the locations for all the keys in this place?

Cole
04-22-2005, 04:14 PM
The key you may be missing is located in an eastern room where you collect the compass, there is a block you push there that reveals a hidden staircase. =p

Anyways, how's the quest guys? How does a quest get ratings on the main page? =p Thanks for playing, it's not as great as the games by the pros here. =p

Btw, as for setting multiple under combos. Yeah, I know how to fix this problem, I just don't know which screens has this graphical errors, if you can help me, it would be great, if not, I'll attend to them withen time before the complete release. (The game is an incomplete beta after all, it's just beatable, but it only has very few touches yet.)

SoStaci
04-22-2005, 04:52 PM
I've already got the bracelet, shield, bomb, bow/arrow, boomerange, candle, few hearts and the all-important 1 piece of triforce.

That sword in the temple, is that the master sword?

boram_c
04-22-2005, 04:54 PM
I found a couple bugs you might have overlooked:

1) In the entrance of the very first Ice World<-->Flooded World warp cave, the stepladder is disabled.

2) One of the unlabeled houses in the Flooded Town is empty.

Cole
04-22-2005, 05:00 PM
That particular house has yet not a purpose.

And as for that stepladder glitch... Yup, overlooked, they were newly revised caves used for warping around the world better as well as warping between worlds. I haven't set the screen flags to these warp caves appearantly. Thanks, they will be fixed asap. =)

elise
04-22-2005, 07:29 PM
The graphical errors are mainly half trees if I come by them again I will make some screenshots

boram_c
04-22-2005, 07:32 PM
The empty house I pointed out earlier could be used to provide a hint about the flippers.

Rakki
04-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Btw, as for setting multiple under combos. Yeah, I know how to fix this problem, I just don't know which screens has this graphical errors, if you can help me, it would be great, if not, I'll attend to them withen time before the complete release. (The game is an incomplete beta after all, it's just beatable, but it only has very few touches yet.)
If you've got cut-grass corners, you can use the same method to make cuttable grass corners. Anyway, I'll go back through the screens I went through already later and write down what screens need fixing. Off-hand, I do remember one room in Level 1 that had a totally different under-combo than the floor tiles of the room, so the under combo doesn't even work, graphically, there. It's the far left room where you push all the blocks to get to the stairs, if you know where I mean.

elise
04-22-2005, 08:47 PM
If you get killed by the level4 boss you start on the black blocks infront of the door and the only way you can go is up in the lava

Cole
04-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Ah good, okay, I know what you mean about the grass, in fact, the corner grass was never cuttable, I'd like to get with the program there.

As for the under combo to not be the same as the floor in level 1. Understandable, that's been there since I first created the quest. That can easily be fixed.

As for the level 4 boss glitch. That glitch exsists because I changed the boss. I am still totally not satisfied with the level 4 boss and may change it again, so when I do, I'll fix that problem there and than as well.

The level 4 glitch is more serious because who wants to be trapped like that?

Thanks, I'll fix those changes in due time.

boram_c
04-23-2005, 01:57 AM
Where's Level 8? Is it located in the desert? Does reaching it involve Flooded Inferno or the Ice Caverns south of the Ice Maze in the Southeast of Ice World?

Cole
04-23-2005, 04:07 AM
Superb, you're on the way to level 8!

Yes, that desert will lead you to level 8 if you can get through the path. Just follow the lens of Truth. The outcome doesn't lead to flooded inferno or the ice cave. When you reach the end, you find a cave that leads you to this mysterious place with no midi playing, all you hear is waves, to just give it a mysterious essense to it. Keep exploring this strange area to find level 8.

elise
04-23-2005, 11:19 AM
when you are in the sparkling caves and get up or down with your hooshot but without flippers you can't get out again you need to F6 and continue

boram_c
04-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Superb, you're on the way to level 8!

Actually, no, because I have yet to find a path to the desert itself. I am guessing it involves the mountain in the Southeastern region of Flooded Relenia, which has one scene I have yet to explore. How does one enter the desert?

Also, besides a rupee bonus, is there a treasure inside the Flooded Inferno? I've noticed, by exploring it, that there is one less room in it than in Inferno Dungeon (Level 4). There is also a room with a shutter in it.

One more thing: I've noticed a flag in scene 15 of Flooded Relenia (where a rupee bonus is located on a landmass) that is activated by fire. I used Din's Fire on it (the flag was too far for a candle) and revealed a Dock tile. I assume this is another bug. The Dock tile also appears after one hammers a lone wooden stake into the ground of one of the rooms in Poison Pond (Level 6).

Cole
04-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Wow, I'm kinda dissapointed, my game finally got a rating, and it's rated as poor. =/ Does that rating thing mean anything?

Well, people are constantly reporting bugs, glitches, mistakes, and problems with the game. So I guess it is probably VERY poorly designed.

Flooded Inferno leads to to the Temple of Time in the flooded world which containes a magic container.

When you beat level 7, there is a hidden path that leads directly from level 7 to level 8 using the lens of Truth to find.

The room you can't get to in that inferno place leads to a weapon I don't want players to recieve yet, so I blocked it off, it pretty much only has money right now, and the path to the temple there.

In screen 15 of the flooded world, that was a copy paste error. I originally created this screen from the forest world, and there is a bush you burn there, when you copy paste, flags get carried with them. Thanks, that is fixed as well. (btw, you're definately a game tester that I'll add to credits, email me)

As for sparkle caves. Yeah, you can get out, just hitting a different tile, but you can also get stuck by hitting the wrong tile as well, thanks, now that's fixed.

Okay, all the problems noticed have been updated except for grass corners. That'll be fixed asap. =) They'll be updated to the website on a later beta version, since these problems aint as SERIOUS. Anyways, enjoy, and report more of these errors.

boram_c
04-23-2005, 02:30 PM
In the Graveyard in Flooded Relenia, there is a merchant who says, "Buy potions to help your way.." selling a bracelet, bomb, and small wallet.

As for your rating, don't fret about it. It could be a prank set by someone. As for the many bugs, your quest is very large; the larger the quest, the tougher it is to find such details.

That empty house in Flooded Relenia I pointed out earlier could be converted into a "Pay me and I'll talk" room.

boram_c
04-23-2005, 03:59 PM
In Level 9-1, there seems to be TWO Toadstool hungry guys. One of them is directly south of the other occupying the same room as a four headed standard Gleeok. This one says nothing. I assume you meant to move the "hungry guy" up one but forgot to remove the original.

boram_c
04-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Exiting the shop in Ganon's Castle leads Link back to the entrance of Level 9-1. Was this intentional?

There is an empty Info/Shop room near the entrance of 9-2.

Rakki
04-23-2005, 04:51 PM
I've only been through dungeons 1 and 2 now, and I noticed the same under-combo problem in both of them. In fact, it's the same under-combo in both dungeons, lol. You might want to take a look at at least 1 room that has a push block or something like that in all of the dungeons, to make a note of which dungeons you probably have to go through again, Cole. Anyway, besides that, I've also got a few needed under-combos written down...

The screen with the pushable bush I mentioned yesterday, the boulder there should probably have something else than a cut bush underneath it, lol.
The screen with the boulders in town, in forest world, should probably have a different combo for under the boulders.
Both of the mountain screens in town, in forest world, need combos for under the bushes.
There's two armos statues outside a warp cave, I think it was, in western ice world that have cut bush under-combos.
The two armos statues outside of Level 2 also have cut bush under-combos.
I'm not sure if this is a graphical bug, you might have wanted it this way, but are the burnable bushes(at least in forest world) supposed to be gray cut bushes underneath?

Besides those under-combos, I noticed two actual graphical bugs while I was playing. The cumbled house in town in south-eastern ice world, when you walk into the doorway of it, outside, you show over the ground when you go down, for some reason. It's the potion shop if you don't know what I mean by crumbled house, lol. The other graphical bug is the hammer, it only looks right when swung facing down, the other three directions, it looks weird when it's above Link's head.

boram_c
04-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Room 46 of Level 9-5 has a northern door that leads to emptiness. I assume that this should have been a staircase down.

Cole
04-23-2005, 07:44 PM
As for everything you just said, I'll take notice to them and edit them, but yeah, the grey bush was purposely done, it's just a cheap substitute until I find something more suitable.
As for the under combos in level 1 and level 2, they were just quickly done, I know how to fix this problem, but since this is a very large quest, such things have been brushed off, I got the block glitch fixed in the new level 1, now I got to do it in level 2.

Now, if I am going to use secret combos as a substitute for under combos, would such secret combos be affected by a flag activation? Like for example, the first cave that leads to the ice world is opened up by hitting a statue with an arrow. But if I had to make the corners of the bushes cutable, would that mean that these secret combos will be activated by hitting that target with the arrow? Like the other combos. Maybe I'm wrong, any thoughts?

Cole
04-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Room 46 of Level 9-5 has a northern door that leads to emptiness. I assume that this should have been a staircase down.

I would assume! =p the funniest things is that when I test this, that problem didn't happen? lol I swear some glitches are just creating themselves, it's like some kind of Zeldaclassic virus or something. >p

Rakki
04-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Darn, you're right. I just tested it with a bombable flower, bushes that have a secret under combo, and a tree that has a separate secret combo. When I bombed the flower, both the tree and the bushes disappeared.

boram_c
04-23-2005, 09:08 PM
I would assume! =p the funniest things is that when I test this, that problem didn't happen? lol I swear some glitches are just creating themselves, it's like some kind of Zeldaclassic virus or something. >p
I am playing the game with version 2.10, which was released just at the beginning of this year. Looking at how complex your quest is, I assume that it did not take a couple months to construct, so you probably used a Zelda Quest version earlier than 2.10. The bugs that developed might be due to differing versions.

Cole
04-23-2005, 09:22 PM
When I first created this quest, it was when the tileset I am using was first created, this was during the release of 1.92 beta or something. I've been working at this quest for over 2 years, almost 3. I just wasn't working at it constantly, I've already given up at this quest after creating a crappy level 5 that uses a raft to complete the level, than a level 6 that just was losing creativity. But I than continued when I thought of an idea for level 6 having a huge poison pond like theme. Than as everything was going great, I almost erased it all, I copied over my quest, I thought it was all gone, so I quiet for months and months, but recently I found a copy of the quest, with much information gone, even level 6, magic, and many crazy things.

But there was that much done to the quest it would be a shame to not finish it, so I spent alot of time lately to finish it, and I'm really happy to finally upgrade it with 2.10 and finish all 9 levels.

As for that door, I found it. =p I think it returns Link back to a room where you came from, it's a bad glitch, but it doesn't threaten your current quest, so I have it fixed and added to the next update. =)

boram_c
04-23-2005, 10:45 PM
On Scenes 02 and 03 in Forested Relenia, there exist tile bugs; after certain flags are activated, a tile resembling the lower left corner of a decrepit house roof is created. The one on 03 is disapointing because I expected something between a pair of cliffs.

Also, a room with Peahats and multiple warp tiles that lead into a Mirror Wizzrobe trap in 9-7 lacks proper under combos.

boram_c
04-24-2005, 04:05 AM
Great quest, Cole! I have finished this version-all eight preliminary levels, seven of the eight extra levels, and Ganon. Can't wait for the updated, bug-fixed version to come out.

If you wanted an idea for a new quest, I really liked your concept of a single overworld undergoing three different ages: Golden (Forest, when everything is perfect), Ice, and Flood. If you wanted to add more time periods, how about one overworld during a time of cataclysmic volcanic eruptions (like the beginning of time), a second overlworld during a period of HUGE wildlife growth, such as a jungle (much like the Forest, except much less tame), a third which is under a serious dry spell (after the flood perhaps), a fourth which just got rocked by a massive earthquake (10.0 on the Richter scale), and a last one which is the aftermath of a meteor strike.

These are just my ideas; you are the questmaker who is free to choose at his will.

Cole
04-24-2005, 08:15 AM
If I am to start a 2nd quest, I want to recreate "The Legend of Zelda" for NES, but even though that these recreations have been made many times, I want to do something more, something that hasn't been done before.

With the production of this new quest. I don't want to COPY the legend of Zelda's map with better graphics. I want a world that's just SIMILAR to it. For example, the layout will be different, but the locations of the mountains, forests, graveyards and everything will be in the same locations.

But with this quest, once I finish making the complete map, I want to make the map branch off. (for example: In the West of "The Legend of Zelda" there is a small graveyard, but this graveyard will exit off to a branch which is an even BIGGER graveyard to add to the experience, this graveyard will have puzzles, and it will lead to a graveyard level.

Remember in Zelda 1? You begin the game and level 1 and 4 is located in the same lake? That lake is just large enough to create Hyrule Castle. I think I'm going to make level 1 Hyrule Castle's dungeon, and level 4 the actual castle.

As for Hyrule Lake, it will replace the ocean, that will be another branch from the overworld, you'll be able to walk around the huge lake and find secrets once you get the flippers and such.

Southwest of the land will be another branch, the lost woods, and it will contain the Master Sword you'll need to collect the Triforce to pull. That sword allows you to enter the final level.

But I'm even planning on upping the experience by adding ALTTP Dark World so the game will be very much like ALTTP, but more fitting to those Zelda1 fans.

If anything, this quest I am planning is more like (Metroid 1 - Metroid Zero Mission) which has dramatic improvements rather than like the (Mario 1, 2, and 3 - to Mario Allstars) which has just simple improvements.

But I will not have the time to create this quest myself, if anybody likes this idea, I can create the quest and the overworlds and everything, but than I'll have to give the game out to another pro to complete, like level designs, most heart peices and items, and flags and everything.

Anyways, thanks for playing.

Btw, as for the Nayru's Temple glitch? I am fixing up all the temples, so I'll fix this bug when I get to that temple. =) Thanks.

Cole
04-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Just as a second note:

How's the general theme of the game? Like when the overworlds, levels, and themes are all fit together? Also, does the midis fit each location?

I'm a little dissapointed with the theme I got for the final boss though, I may find a better one. But yeah, I'd really appreciate a few ratings on the main site too. =) Thanks for support and everything.

(BC, email me asap)

Rakki
04-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Ack, I forgot to rate the quest. x.x Maybe I should hold off till I can actually HEAR the music though, huh? Since that would help me make a more accurate rating. I do like this quest though, especially, like someone else mentioned, the idea of having the same world in different ages. I was hoping you'd make it that you could go into a Level in more than 1 age at some point, and I saw you did that at least in level 3, which I just beat. I'm in level 4 now, the only reason I haven't beat that too is I got killed by the lava cause I kept accidentally stepping on it. =/ So, I stopped since I got annoyed cause of getting another death from something as simple as that.

Also, about the other quest you want to make, I'd offer to help, if I had the time to plan out something like that. I'm already worried about my own quest never getting done. o_o; I hope someone else can help though, it sounds like it'd be really cool.

elise
04-24-2005, 01:55 PM
I'd really appreciate a few ratings on the main site too.

I never rate a Quest before I am done playing it .
Maybe it's better not to rate it till you have an updated version
now the bugs also play a factor in the rating and that wouldn't be fair if you
get them out.
We can rate only one time so I think it's also in your best interest if I don't rate yet ;)

dafeedil
04-24-2005, 07:01 PM
First of all, let me start off by saying that this so far seems to be a really cool game, and I do like the bush pushing thing!! I was waiting for SOMETHING to happen, tho!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, where in the heck is level 2????? and also, what enemies give you magic bottles? seems like I keep running out!

Rakki
04-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Did you shoot the statue in the screen up and left from the first screen in town with the arrow? If you do, it'll open up a warp cave that takes you to Ice World. You'll find another warp cave after exploring Ice World a bit that'll take you back to Forest World, only in a different area, and near Level 2.

Cole
04-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Level 2 is far to the west, you need to explore through the ice village that leads to a forest over there, that ice forest will than lead to a forest to the west of forest world. You'll know you're in the right place because there is a Triforce mark on the ground, and you'll find a shop with a candle. You'll need that candle and magic to reach that level.

The orange creatures that turn into bats are what drops the magic bottles for you. =p

Thanks for playing.

Link451
04-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Can someone tell me how to get to the desert? I can't seem to figure it out. I know level 8 is there... somewhere... with all the warping and such I can't seem to find anythign to lead me there.

Sephiroth
04-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Cole, How would I download this quest? O_o

Rakki
04-24-2005, 07:58 PM
Here, Snort: http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=222

boram_c
04-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Can someone tell me how to get to the desert? I can't seem to figure it out. I know level 8 is there... somewhere... with all the warping and such I can't seem to find anythign to lead me there.
I had that problem before too. This quote should help:

When you beat level 7, there is a hidden path that leads directly from level 7 to level 8 using the lens of Truth to find.
More specifically, use the lens in the scene just outside the Graveyard in Flooded Relenia. You should reveal a hint about reaching the desert in Forest Relenia.

Cole
04-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Gee! I got my own expert here and all! ^^' Fun.

Hey Boram, if you want to try my most recent update with less bugs, and EXTREMELY improved levels, email me at [email protected] >p

dafeedil
04-25-2005, 12:39 PM
I'm in the underwater passage in the room where you can push the crystal around. What do I have to do here?? thanks

Cole
04-25-2005, 12:58 PM
You'll need to get the item in level 5 to beat this puzzle.

fajz
04-25-2005, 05:45 PM
What is the secret to the "maze" in the Ice World? I get to the sword upgrade but can't slach the plant or can't figure out how to get around it too get to the sword.

elise
04-25-2005, 06:38 PM
the temple of time will warp you to the sword
so you can grab it
I can't find my way to level 5 I think for that one I also need the solution for the maze

sasja
04-25-2005, 06:40 PM
I've got some trouble to find lvl 8,I found the secret just outside the graveyard but still I cannot found the way to the dessert.I found also the third knife but before I can get it I warped in the water area near lvl 7 without the third knife. so I need help because I want to finish this great quest.

boram_c
04-25-2005, 07:20 PM
I've got some trouble to find lvl 8,I found the secret just outside the graveyard but still I cannot found the way to the dessert.I found also the third knife but before I can get it I warped in the water area near lvl 7 without the third knife. so I need help because I want to finish this great quest.
Alright, alright, I'll play the level for you! Nah, only kidding.

—Cranky Kong in Donkey Kong Country
Use the lens starting just outside the graveyard and you should see flashing tiles forming a trail. Follow this trail up to and beyond the entrance to a hidden cave. You will also need another item (one you might have) to open the cave.

sasja
04-25-2005, 07:23 PM
I found the cave but need the item to open it.so I''m glad that I'm on the right way.can you help me to find the item?

boram_c
04-25-2005, 07:58 PM
I found the cave but need the item to open it.so I''m glad that I'm on the right way.can you help me to find the item?
Find a secret entrance to a Goddess' temple within Level 3 in Forested Relenia.

Cole
04-25-2005, 11:57 PM
Announcement, here is the secret through getting pass Wizard Lake Ice Maze.

Find the screen which has plans spelling GC (my initials) and than go:

Up, Right, Up, Down, Down, Down, Up....

Link451
04-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Hey, now I am confused on level 9-1, when I have gotten everything, but there is a room that leads (I think) to the stairs to the final boss, but to show the hidden stairs you have to hit a switch . Its a room with the stairs on the right, and there in the middle of a pool of lava (I think, though it does not hurt when you swim in it) is a icon with a shield when you use the lens of truth. There are no enemies or things to reflect using my shield, so I am not sure what to do. I thought I saw a crystal icon on it, so I tried using Din's fire, but that failed. Is this a bug or am i just confused?

romgod
04-26-2005, 01:17 AM
ok im at the begining and ive bought all the items i can
what do i do next cant get into the blocked house and cant get into the room with bow and cant get beyond the first 2 rooms in the first dungeon help me pls thanks

Cole
04-26-2005, 01:49 AM
ok im at the begining and ive bought all the items i can
what do i do next cant get into the blocked house and cant get into the room with bow and cant get beyond the first 2 rooms in the first dungeon help me pls thanks

There is a house blocked off by blocks, that house cannot be entered yet.

As for the bow, you get by going through the door at the end of the cave. The opening you see is an exit, rather than an entrance.

As for the first two rooms, you got to think. "Zelda1" and remember that blocks are pushable, just like they were in the first cave. Push the block to drain the water. However! You can not pass the first lock without defeating old man's cave mini stage.

Hey, now I am confused on level 9-1, when I have gotten everything, but there is a room that leads (I think) to the stairs to the final boss, but to show the hidden stairs you have to hit a switch . Its a room with the stairs on the right, and there in the middle of a pool of lava (I think, though it does not hurt when you swim in it) is a icon with a shield when you use the lens of truth. There are no enemies or things to reflect using my shield, so I am not sure what to do. I thought I saw a crystal icon on it, so I tried using Din's fire, but that failed. Is this a bug or am i just confused?

That's one of the many secret hidden puzzles in level 9. Here is just a random guess, it shows a shield because you need reflected magic, and in this room, there are objects that bounce magic in the water, but it is just totally impossible to see them.

Hope that helps you.

sasja
04-26-2005, 06:39 AM
thank boram c found the special item I am now in the dessert.never found the third knife again so any help please.

fajz
04-26-2005, 09:16 AM
How do you get to Level 5? I can't figure out the path.

elise
04-26-2005, 10:48 AM
after you finish the maze ( look at post 54 ) it's a long walk to level 5 but it's mostly from warp to warp but just follow the screens and you will get there ( buy some items on your way over there )

sasja
04-26-2005, 11:08 AM
I,m in level 8 and I need the third sword I think.when I look with the lens I see a sword in the yellow fly's.
I think this is my problem when I passed the watertemple coming out of the left cave I cannot reach the right cave anymore. this is the way to the tempel of time with the sword I think.but for I could grab the sword I was warped to another place in the water.

boram_c
04-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Explain this to me: How does one exit the Old Man's Cave after collecting the Short Bow-without using Quit-Continue? After Link returns from the tunnel leading to the Bow, a bookcase, which was removed after Link defeated all the enemies on his trip to the Bow, blocks his way again, and there is no way for Link to fight the enemy.

Perhaps you could add a push-block to the left placed in a way so that Link can escape from the north end of the room, but cannot enter:

…: Empty Space
#: Bookcase
%: Cave Wall
@: Pushable Block (can be pushed once even with enemies in room)

Current Room: My Idea:
%%%%….%%%% %%……….%%%%
%%%####%%% %%…####%%%
……….####……….. ……@####………

Hope this saves the player any inconvenience.

EDIT: Silly me! I did not bother to check the blocks just East of the Bow! But what if the player is out of Bombs at this point and cannot get past the blastable blocks afterwards?
--------------------------------------------
Allow the south door in the Boss Room in Level 1 to open once the boss is defeated; also make the Bubble the first enemy on that room's enemy list (if it isn't already) so that it stays in the room all the time.

dafeedil
04-26-2005, 06:44 PM
In lvl 5, I can get thru the room next to the one that the old man says only the wizrobe can help you pass. once I get thru that room, there's another room where there's one wizrobe and a bunch of those diamond switches, but I always end up getting killed in that room. Is there a certain place that I have to stand to reflect the wizrobe's shots onto the switches, or do I just have to kill him? It's driving me nuts!! :banghead: thanks, Marybeth

elise
04-26-2005, 06:57 PM
use your mirror shield when he shoot at you and beware there is no orb in between

gekos
04-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Can someone help me find L3?

Cole
04-26-2005, 11:12 PM
In lvl 5, I can get thru the room next to the one that the old man says only the wizrobe can help you pass. once I get thru that room, there's another room where there's one wizrobe and a bunch of those diamond switches, but I always end up getting killed in that room. Is there a certain place that I have to stand to reflect the wizrobe's shots onto the switches, or do I just have to kill him? It's driving me nuts!! :banghead: thanks, Marybeth

There is a place you can stand below a white and black diamond with the yellow spark facing right, so that when the wizzrobe shoots down, it will reflect into the path to the statue. =p

boram_c
04-27-2005, 12:09 AM
I,m in level 8 and I need the third sword I think.when I look with the lens I see a sword in the yellow fly's.
I think this is my problem when I passed the watertemple coming out of the left cave I cannot reach the right cave anymore. this is the way to the tempel of time with the sword I think.but for I could grab the sword I was warped to another place in the water.
SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! SPOILER ALERT!!!
*****SCROLL QUICKLY TO AVOID SPOILER*****
You cannot collect the sword in the Temple of Time.

sasja
04-27-2005, 06:48 AM
sorry guys I dont want to spoil the game I,m just desperate.

Cole
04-27-2005, 11:19 AM
You cannot collect the sword in the Temple of Time.

eh? Was that necessary? The fact that level 9 alone being mentioned is a spoiler. >p lol While going through the quest, you are lead to believe level 8 is the final level.

I don't really think it matters much in this messageboard topic, spoilers being posted is to be expected.

As for the sword in level 8.

Once you get so far in level 8, you'll eventually find yourself in an area where there is black floor where you are unsure of where to walk, and also alot of bombable walls. You'll need the lens of truth to even help you get through this area.

ps: There is a door that leads you back to the beginning of the level, beware. >p

dafeedil
04-27-2005, 11:29 AM
what do I have to do in the boss room in lvl 6, just kill all the wall hands? thanks :D

sasja
04-27-2005, 12:06 PM
lvl 8 is my bottle neck I have only acces to two rooms in level8. and the lens said I need the sword there or is there another entree?

dafeedil
04-27-2005, 02:08 PM
never mind about lvl 6 boss room, I got it. a coupla questions: where in the heck is lvl 7? also, what do the "necklaces?" do. There's one for sale in the shop that sells the flippers. Also, I found the shop where you can buy heart containers, magic bags and rupees! COOL!! :cool:

Cole
04-27-2005, 02:36 PM
BIG PROBLEM!!! BIG PROBLEM!!!! =p

That shop, please tell me where it is too! I knew that shop would exist and that is a terrible glitch and a perfect way to cheat. =p

I'm sorry to burst the bubble, that shop is meant to never exist in the world of Relenia, it will be in the game though, but MUCH MUCH later. Somebody please tell me where that super shop is. =o

As for level 7, use the flippers and adventure around the flooded world.

As for level 8, the 2nd room has a bunch of statues that are hard to hit because of all the enemies, so use your Din's Fire to kill the enemies quick, and than shoot your arrows at all the statues until you find the right one.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me where that shop is? And please, do not shop from there unless you want to really cheat really bad. =p

dafeedil
04-27-2005, 02:56 PM
awwwww, you're no fun!! When I got the flippers from the shop in Ice world, I just swam up from the shop there that sells the "rare items" and the store was right there, kinda by the water fall I think...Marybeth

Rakki
04-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Uhh, I think I found another problem. I'm stuck in Level 5. I got past the room that the old man tells you only the Wizzrobe can help you get past it, and there's a locked door in the next room, but I don't have a key. I did use a key on another door before, but that opened up a room that I need the wand for, it has a bunch of crystals and a reflected-magic activated statue. Was I not supposed to go in that room?

Edit: Nevermind, I just found a key I didn't realize I could get before. ^_^;

boram_c
04-27-2005, 04:58 PM

That shop, please tell me where it is too! I knew that shop would exist and that is a terrible glitch and a perfect way to cheat. =p

I'm sorry to burst the bubble, that shop is meant to never exist in the world of Relenia, it will be in the game though, but MUCH MUCH later. Somebody please tell me where that super shop is. =o

Can somebody PLEASE tell me where that shop is? And please, do not shop from there unless you want to really cheat really bad. =p
I was about to tell you about this cheapo, but I did not want to provoke people's curiosity and get them to say stuff such as, "WHERE IS THIS PLACE?! I NEED HARTS AND MANA AND RUPEES BADLY!!" (spelling error intentional) Unfortunately, the cat is out of the bag now.

Rakki
04-27-2005, 05:25 PM
I haven't found the flippers yet, so I can't even get to the shop, lol. But I'm definately not going to use this though, unless I'm supposed to buy a few heart containers to get as many hearts as I'm supposed to.

Also, is it possible to get into the room right 1 of the entrance of level 5? I saw the staircase in the room before the boss, but I couldn't get to it, none of the blocks would move.

dafeedil
04-27-2005, 10:17 PM

As for level 7, use the flippers and adventure around the flooded world.

As for level 8, the 2nd room has a bunch of statues that are hard to hit because of all the enemies, so use your Din's Fire to kill the enemies quick, and than shoot your arrows at all the statues until you find the right one.

At least now you can fix it, huh? Now I feel like I shouldn't have posted it, cuz you KNOW everyone's gonna go look for that shop! I honestly DON'T like to cheat, but I was going to town when I found that store, I didn't know that you didn't mean for it to be there! Anyway, this is an AWESOME game so far, one of the best I've played. I just got to level 7, and it looks like a dungeon for my 9 yr old son to get thru!! To many directions! I'm lucky I can find my fridge!! :sonar:

Cole
04-28-2005, 12:46 AM
As for the Super Shop, how it was created and just appear in the middle of a town: I already had 15 shop limit created. But right at the end of the game I created the hidden secret Super Shop where you pretty much got infinite hearts, magic, and money. However, I had to rewrite a shop type to create the super shop.

It was a shop type which I thought wasn't used. (surprise surprise) But I checked anyways. But still, I was unable to find the super shop in the game, so I just assumed I never used shop type 12 and released it with the super shop available to you guys. =p

Also, here's another notice, for those who got the large wallet, you're lucky, I have taken it away from shops. I've had to add it in level 9 to replace the useless amulet 2. >.<

As for the guy in level 7, the level looks half baked and rush for a reason, you'll know why as you get the real surprise. ;)

as for that room by the level 5 entrance. Oh, that's easy, you CAN get down that stairway, or should. (One of those blocks you can push right "more than once" once pushing that certain block right many times, you can than push the block above the staircase left.) But that room is redesigned in the update, because the room has been made a bit smaller, I got Borham C to test this new update with the new enhanced and better looking levels, but I haven't heard word from him. =o

Once I get his word, I'll publish an update with the new levels, and all these bugs gone.

Cole
04-28-2005, 01:02 AM
Hey BC, you mentioned a tile glitch in level 9-7, just out of curiosity, can you explain where that graphical glitch is to? =) I can't find it. @_@;

dafeedil
04-28-2005, 01:26 AM
As for the Super Shop, how it was created and just appear in the middle of a town: I already had 15 shop limit created. But right at the end of the game I created the hidden secret Super Shop where you pretty much got infinite hearts, magic, and money. However, I had to rewrite a shop type to create the super shop.

It was a shop type which I thought wasn't used. (surprise surprise) But I checked anyways. But still, I was unable to find the super shop in the game, so I just assumed I never used shop type 12 and released it with the super shop available to you guys. =p

Also, here's another notice, for those who got the large wallet, you're lucky, I have taken it away from shops. I've had to add it in level 9 to replace the useless amulet 2. >.<

As for the guy in level 7, the level looks half baked and rush for a reason, you'll know why as you get the real surprise. ;)

as for that room by the level 5 entrance. Oh, that's easy, you CAN get down that stairway, or should. (One of those blocks you can push right "more than once" once pushing that certain block right many times, you can than push the block above the staircase left.) But that room is redesigned in the update, because the room has been made a bit smaller, I got Borham C to test this new update with the new enhanced and better looking levels, but I haven't heard word from him. =o

Once I get his word, I'll publish an update with the new levels, and all these bugs gone.

ummm, not that I would want it or anything, ummm, but where is this large wallet? you know, just in case anyone asks?? I promise I won't use it to go to the "super store" and stock up on massive quantities of rupees or anything, honest :naughty:

Cole
04-28-2005, 07:24 AM
If those of you still don't understand what's in the super store, it's like this.

Super Store:

Heart Container = 5 rupees
Magic Container = 5 rupees
200 rupees = 5 rupees

The real location of the shop is at the final level of the game. XD

dafeedil
04-28-2005, 12:08 PM
aaarrrggghhh...in level 7 in the room with the big wizard and little one, how do I defeat the little one? the only thing I've found that works on him is the red candle, but I keep running out of magic, and that's even with the 2x magic that I got, and I end up dying. how do I get the little bast@*d? :whap:

tox_von
04-28-2005, 12:43 PM
At the end of level 7 instead of a triforce+heart i got a key and a graveyard like room. Is this meant to happen?

boram_c
04-28-2005, 01:11 PM
aaarrrggghhh...in level 7 in the room with the big wizard and little one, how do I defeat the little one? the only thing I've found that works on him is the red candle, but I keep running out of magic, and that's even with the 2x magic that I got, and I end up dying. how do I get the little b----d? :whap:
You probably have to reflect this Wizrobe's magic back to his face.

At the end of level 7 instead of a triforce+heart i got a key and a graveyard like room. Is this meant to happen?
Memorize what that room looks like and notice the different-colored tombstone. Search the Graveyard carefully for an area that looks the same.

Hey BC, you mentioned a tile glitch in level 9-7, just out of curiosity, can you explain where that graphical glitch is to? =) I can't find it. @_@;
Probably this involves the rooms with bushes in them. Cut a bush and no stem appears; the under combo is blank.

Cole
04-28-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm assuming that BC has no problem with the next update, so I'll upload it later.

Rakki
04-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Speaking of the update, Cole, do you still need my help finding the needed extra under combos? Or should I stop writing down which ones need fixed in this one and save it for the update?

Cole
04-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, if it involves using secret combos as replacements for under combos, I'd rather not risk it, there are sacrifices along with benefits when doing that.

(ex: Use secret combos on bushes is a big nono for me)

Thanks though, but if you see under combos which look more like mistakes, than yeah, let me know.

Cole
04-28-2005, 03:27 PM
-deleted-

(I double posted due to connection errors)

Rakki
04-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Well as far as the overworld goes, a lot of the Armos statues, if not all of them, have a cut bush underneath them. Even in screens without bushes or grass. I'm not sure if that's one of the things you don't want to mess with. Things that probably should be changed though, are the ones in the dungeons, that the under combos don't match the tile of the dungeon floor. I did find a possible bug in one dungeon though. You know how you can go in Level 3 in both Forest and Flooded worlds? In the Forest World of Level 3, the room just left of the entrance has a block you can push, it's the one that makes the staircase in Flooded world Level 3. Only in Forest world, it doesn't do anything, and the under combo isn't set to anything, it's just the brown tile which is the first one in the Pure tileset.

Cole
04-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah, those would be things that I could fix. =) I'd really appreciate those fixed. =) I'll get at them if you're writing down where they are. >p

Rakki
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Well I've got a few written down I can give right now, I have to get off the compy in a minute though, so I'll go back over the overworld later and write down where there's Armos' at. Do you want screens with pushable rocks that need different under combos too? If so, two to start with are the screen up one from where you get warped to when you try to take the master sword, and the screen in town in Forest world with all the rocks. Some screens with Armos statues I've got written down are:

Outside the warp caves in western Forest/Ice worlds, near where Level 2 is.
Outside of Level 2 itself.
The screen outside of the LEFT side of the Forest world passage(I forget what it's actually called, but I think it's near level 3).
Down 1 screen outside of the LEFT side of the Forest world passage.

I'll figure out which screens those are in numbers when I can get back on later.

fajz
04-28-2005, 05:19 PM
9-4 from the start go west and there is a sword on the floor, go east and there is an arrow on the floor. How do you get these items? Too go north I need two keys and I can't get anywhere because of these items on the floor. So there is no way to find 2 keys. I can't get past these two rooms. Bummer. Little help please.

Cole
04-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Rakki, I found those little bush glitches, thanks. =) If you find anymore, let the Cole know. XD

As for Fajz, what you see is one of my many complicated puzzles, because in fact, level 4 is level 6.

You have to beat level 5 and level 6 before you even start level 4. =p Mwahaha. XD

Cole
04-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Announcement!!!!

I have updated Shattered Courage with many less bugs, and with much better looking levels, you can download it on the main page, or go here:

http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=222

I hope your Shattered Courage adventure gets much more exciting with this update. =)
-

also, you may notice that there are two new files added to the zip, that is another bonus quest I added to the zip, it's pretty much the first quest I ever made. It isn't much, but you'll get the general idea of how I started. This 1stQuest is a quest I first touched on using the simplest of graphics for Zeldaclassic, than I updated it with bs Zelda graphics and played around making the game. In this game I tried centering my idea on "unique" levels. Which are levels that just hasn't been tried before. Something like a waterfall stage, and an icy lava cave stage, and even a level up in the sky in a moonlight setting with stars and such. But it's very premative, as you may notice, the water doesn't even move!!! hahaha

It's not a quest to be taken seriously, but like I said, you can play it for a few laughs and fun.

dafeedil
04-29-2005, 03:13 AM
Announcement!!!!

I have updated Shattered Courage with many less bugs, and with much better looking levels, you can download it on the main page, or go here:

http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=222

I hope your Shattered Courage adventure gets much more exciting with this update. =)
-

also, you may notice that there are two new files added to the zip, that is another bonus quest I added to the zip, it's pretty much the first quest I ever made. It isn't much, but you'll get the general idea of how I started. This 1stQuest is a quest I first touched on using the simplest of graphics for Zeldaclassic, than I updated it with bs Zelda graphics and played around making the game. In this game I tried centering my idea on "unique" levels. Which are levels that just hasn't been tried before. Something like a waterfall stage, and an icy lava cave stage, and even a level up in the sky in a moonlight setting with stars and such. But it's very premative, as you may notice, the water doesn't even move!!! hahaha

It's not a quest to be taken seriously, but like I said, you can play it for a few laughs and fun.

Aside from the FEW bugs in this game, I think it's awesome. You did a great job on it, although I HATE level 7, just ain't my kinda dungeon bag, baby :scared: ps....where in the heck can I buy the large wallet? I got the blue one early in the game, so now I can carry 500 rupees, but when I'm hacking and slashing, buying bomb upgrades and using arrows like there's now tomorrow, I need more ching!! :mischief:

romgod
04-29-2005, 05:55 AM
ok now bout that blocked house i got the recorder but cant still get in how do i get past the red blocks when i play the recorder

Cole
04-29-2005, 06:28 AM
Aside from the FEW bugs in this game, I think it's awesome. You did a great job on it, although I HATE level 7, just ain't my kinda dungeon bag, baby :scared: ps....where in the heck can I buy the large wallet? I got the blue one early in the game, so now I can carry 500 rupees, but when I'm hacking and slashing, buying bomb upgrades and using arrows like there's now tomorrow, I need more ching!! :mischief:

hehe... >.> *laughs* hehehe... hmmm... house... :laughing: hehe.... red blocks... >.> <.< That's a glitch. XD LMAO

Well now, as for the wallet, I just noticed the ordeal of your situation here. In this update I rearranged the lvl 9 items. But now I think I'll have to arrange the lvl 9 items again. In the next update, the extra large wallet can be found in lvl 9-1. However right now it'll be found in lvl 9-4, which will take alot of work to get.

And for those who already beat lvl 9-4 and got the golden ring, they are in a tough cookie because they can never collect this wallet.

The long bow is now located in lvl 9-4 and the wallet is in 9-1.

So if you're one of the individual's who's suffered this problem and can never collect a wallet because you already beat level 9-1. Email me and I'll give you a free wallet and 400 rupees to help you beat lvl 9. ;)

Okay?

Cole
04-29-2005, 06:31 AM
I repeat: lvl 9 players who have not collected the large wallet -or- those that want an update on this problem, email me at [email protected]

dafeedil
04-29-2005, 07:26 AM
hehe... >.> *laughs* hehehe... hmmm... house... :laughing: hehe.... red blocks... >.> <.< That's a glitch. XD LMAO

Well now, as for the wallet, I just noticed the ordeal of your situation here. In this update I rearranged the lvl 9 items. But now I think I'll have to arrange the lvl 9 items again. In the next update, the extra large wallet can be found in lvl 9-1. However right now it'll be found in lvl 9-4, which will take alot of work to get.

And for those who already beat lvl 9-4 and got the golden ring, they are in a tough cookie because they can never collect this wallet.

The long bow is now located in lvl 9-4 and the wallet is in 9-1.

So if you're one of the individual's who's suffered this problem and can never collect a wallet because you already beat level 9-1. Email me and I'll give you a free wallet and 400 rupees to help you beat lvl 9. ;)

Okay?

let's just say, hypothetically speaking, of course, that you're just a low life stuck in flooded world on level 7...does that mean you're not worth a free wallet and 400 rupees? I'm not asking for handouts, I swear, but gee whiz, it would be nice.....oh, to dream :fempimp:

fajz
04-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Your an evil person Cole. However I did start 9-5 while I waited for your response on my last question on 9-4. I have found a sword upgrade in 9-5 about 6 times. Is this all there is in 9-5 or should I continue until the end? I can't find the map in 9-5 so I don't know how far I am and how far I have too go. I've been in 33 rooms without finding the map, bummer. Until I hear from you I'll continue on in 9-5. Once I finish this quest I'll give you a review It won't be all good but it'll be high on the star scale. Thanks for your help.

tox_von
04-29-2005, 09:58 AM
At level seven i got to a grave, looking at it with lens of truth it has a picture of a red boomerang. But i have the blue boomerang which i bought at a shop i think i got the red one at the start though and blue replaced red is the a bug? Or am i doing something wrong at this spot?

Cole
04-29-2005, 10:51 AM
let's just say, hypothetically speaking, of course, that you're just a low life stuck in flooded world on level 7...does that mean you're not worth a free wallet and 400 rupees? I'm not asking for handouts, I swear, but gee whiz, it would be nice.....oh, to dream

Lets just say, when you need almost 1000 rupees to even beat the final level, you'll probably need that 400 rupees even more than. ;) Mwahaha

Level seven is fairly hard, especially when you have to use the red candle, but here's a hint, you don't HAVE to use the red candle all the time, the lightning helps you as well.

But now that you mention it, I should add cuttable bushes near the graveyard so you can save up a few bucks. =o Thanks, but you still get no wallet.

Your an evil person Cole. However I did start 9-5 while I waited for your response on my last question on 9-4. I have found a sword upgrade in 9-5 about 6 times. Is this all there is in 9-5 or should I continue until the end? I can't find the map in 9-5 so I don't know how far I am and how far I have too go. I've been in 33 rooms without finding the map, bummer. Until I hear from you I'll continue on in 9-5. Once I finish this quest I'll give you a review It won't be all good but it'll be high on the star scale. Thanks for your help.

All those sword upgrades are copies of the Master Sword, which you've already collected in level 8. However, this level contains an even more powerful sword. Keep a better eye out for invisible walls and stuff like that. They can be where you least expect it. =p The Fires that tell you to turn back are just trying to fool you from getting the all powerful Golden Sword.

At level seven i got to a grave, looking at it with lens of truth it has a picture of a red boomerang. But i have the blue boomerang which i bought at a shop i think i got the red one at the start though and blue replaced red is the a bug? Or am i doing something wrong at this spot?

The red boomerang is the 3rd boomerang, it's the fire one, and it can even hurt enemies. That one is located deep within level 7 as well. Good Luck. =)

Rakki
04-29-2005, 12:48 PM
Erm, crap. Cole, you wouldn't happen to still have a copy of the old beta you could send me, would you? I replaced the quest file and then realized, it's either not going to work, or I'm going to be in Level 5 and a lot of stuff is going to be changed.

Cole
04-29-2005, 01:46 PM
The changes are not that dramatic. But no, I don't have the old copy, but if you run into problems due to these changes, email me and I'll make you a personal modification. It's better than starting over. >p

Rakki
04-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Well I shouldn't need to, I've been through all of level 5 already, so unless you added a locked door or something there, I can go back through it. I see you took out the rupee in the room up and right from the entrance, though. Not like that's much though, lol. In fact, replacing quest files has been a good thing so far, because I lost my magic meter last time I played, and now it's back. I took a screenshot of that, and another bug that occured and posted it in the 2.10 bugs topic if you want to see.

Edit: Ahh, jeez, I forgot to say, whoa! I'm thanked! :D

Cole
04-29-2005, 02:31 PM
Yeah, no dramatic changes, mostly all graphical, and rooms redesigned to WORK in the new look, and as for that ruppee, it's still in the level, just located somewhere else.

Oh yes, that glitch where you lose your magic meter... >.> Why does that happen? I don't understand it. I've been told before about this, and again I've been told it's most likely related to version 2.10

@_@;

Rakki
04-29-2005, 03:26 PM
I have no idea why it happened, it just disappeared one time when I loaded the game, and it didn't come back until I loaded the updated version of the quest. The map actually erased for me once before as well, I had to go revisit all the rooms to get them to show up on the map again. And then that happened with the map and magic meter next time I loaded the quest, after just starting up ZC.

sasja
04-29-2005, 05:50 PM
I downloaded your newest version and I'm in level 9-1 but when I came in the room with the blue bow I can shoot an arrow but cannot use my hookshot to cross the room.so I'm totaly styck here.help me out please

Cole
05-01-2005, 05:51 PM
That room in level 9-1 has been fixed a couple of days ago, I don't know if it was update to the site yet. =p

Cole
05-01-2005, 05:54 PM
I have no idea why it happened, it just disappeared one time when I loaded the game, and it didn't come back until I loaded the updated version of the quest. The map actually erased for me once before as well, I had to go revisit all the rooms to get them to show up on the map again. And then that happened with the map and magic meter next time I loaded the quest, after just starting up ZC.

I don't really know why that happends, it's kinda dissapointing.

DeVon
05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
In lv.9-6 I can't find the boss key or the map,I've been in every room that I can get to without those items.Any hints?

Cole
05-01-2005, 08:20 PM
hehe, the boss key is cruely in the same room you find the boss door. ;) there is a warp in the water there. =p

Cole
05-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Anyways, I posted a recent update today with all the levels dubbed up right nice.

Now that this is done, I'm moving out of town and wont be on the net for quite awhile, so this will be the last update for awhile, and possibly the last time you'll hear from me for awhile... Later guys.

Rakki
05-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Oh, snap. I was hoping to get you as a beta tester of my quest, from time to time, Cole. Ehh, depending on how long you're gone though, I might still be working on it by the time you get back. :laughing: Anyway, cya later.

Shakal
05-07-2005, 11:06 PM
Ok, I've done this pretty much mostly on my own, but now I am stumped. How do you get the boss key in level 8? It's driving me nuts.

Also, I had to use Farores(sp) Wind to get out of there. The room above with the black stalfos knights and wall masters, and moving floor, you can't go back up. I kept getting stuck. Just thought I'd point that out.

algam86
05-08-2005, 07:59 PM
:D First of all, this is one of the few quests I've actually liked enough to play for over 6 hours! But I'd like to know where the ocarina is. I'm thinking it's in Level 8, since I've only been through 1-7. But if it's not, could you tell me where to find it?

Shakal
05-08-2005, 08:24 PM
The ocarina is in Relina castle, in forested Relina. After you get the final piece of the triforce, go through it, and you'll eventualy get to it.

maggotv22
05-08-2005, 11:11 PM
hey I was wondering I found level 7 both the crypt and mansion. i seem to be stuck. which one do you start with first and if its the crpyt wheres the key? and if its the mansion whats the set of directions. o and also i looked on here before posting and saw something about the lens of truth being used in the graveyard should i have that already? and if so where is it ? thanks
vinny

Rakki
05-09-2005, 01:39 AM
You should start with the Mansion, and you'll get a key in it to get into the Crypt. No, you shouldn't have the Lens yet, you'll get that in the Crypt as well. Hope this helps some.

algam86
05-09-2005, 07:30 AM
In the mansion, just look at the direction the brown images of Link are facing, and go through the doors in that order. Just keep doing that until you get to the room with the boss door.

maggotv22
05-09-2005, 06:29 PM
yea I'm having some more trouble with level 7 I finished the mansion got into the crypt and got the map and lens of truth but cant seem to find where to go next. i think it may be in the room up one and right one from the entrance but i cant seem to get the magic wand to set the statue off? any help??
thanks
vinny

maggotv22
05-09-2005, 06:32 PM
found the answer to the puzzle nevermind
vinny

maggotv22
05-09-2005, 07:09 PM
found the answer to the puzzle nevermind
vinny

so yea i got myself to a room full of gravestones and a red boomerange hidden in a gravestone i cant get through the gravestones and i know the boomerange is in the level somewhere can someone help tell me where? i did find a dead end room with hidden stairs with the lens of truth but you cant seem to go down them?
vinny

algam86
05-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Is it in a room with trees on the left and right-hand sides of the room, and it looks like it's on a ledge? Look for a target on the east side, near the trees...I forgot exactly what kind of target it was, though...Sorry.

daisy_kat
05-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey can anyone tell me how to get that durn key in L5. It on the screen with several crystal switches but nothing I do affects any of them. Am I missing some important piece of equipment? I have the red candle, blue boomerang, hookshot, bombs, mirror shield, etc. but I can't get to the key. Any help is much appreciated as I've been enjoying this quest greatly until now!

Thanks,
Daisy

maggotv22
05-10-2005, 04:33 PM
alright im stuck. i know the path to level eight is in the graveyard. i know it uses one of the crystals, i have all three. my problem is which of the three gravestones is it and what crystal cause i cant seem to figure out how to open it

Rakki
05-10-2005, 05:17 PM
Where's the graveyard at? Is it in that little desert area in east forest world? I can't figure out how to get in there. XP

maggotv22
05-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Where's the graveyard at? Is it in that little desert area in east forest world? I can't figure out how to get in there. XP

no the graveyard is in the west of the flooded world. fastest way to get there is by the whirlpool in the water in the far bottom right of the world by all the docks

Rakki
05-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Oh, that graveyard, I've been there. I'm looking for level 8 too, though I figured it was in the desert since I haven't been there yet.

maggotv22
05-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Oh, that graveyard, I've been there. I'm looking for level 8 too, though I figured it was in the desert since I haven't been there yet.

it is in the desert but it has something to do with the paths the lens of truth show but the cave up and to the left of the graveyard leads to a waterfall on the right side of the flooded land and the three gravestones inside that it also leds to dont seem to respond to anything so im stuck. dont know what to do so any help from anyone would be good
vinny

Shakal
05-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Use the lens of truth, and follow the white squares that show up. They'll lead to hidden cave, that you'll need Dins Fire to open.

maggotv22
05-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Use the lens of truth, and follow the white squares that show up. They'll lead to hidden cave, that you'll need Dins Fire to open.

yea see ive gone through that entrance in the past without using dins fire and it brings me to the waterfall on the right side of flooded world. and using dins fire didnt do anything. could it be a glitch in my copy or v2.10 since thats what im running it on

Rakki
05-11-2005, 02:03 AM
It can't be a 2.10 problem, it's a 2.10 quest. But I FINALLY got to the graveyard, by swimming, cause every time I tried to go in a warp that used the Wave effect, it closed out my stupid game(which I've mentioned is a bug in the 2.10 bugs topic), and I looked around too, and the place the path leads me to is the Crypt, where I've obviously been before.

maggotv22
05-11-2005, 02:36 AM
It can't be a 2.10 problem, it's a 2.10 quest. But I FINALLY got to the graveyard, by swimming, cause every time I tried to go in a warp that used the Wave effect, it closed out my stupid game(which I've mentioned is a bug in the 2.10 bugs topic), and I looked around too, and the place the path leads me to is the Crypt, where I've obviously been before.

no its not in the graveryard theres another path outside that leads up and into the water thats the one you need to go to i just cant for some reason since its taking me to the wrong place
vinny

algam86
05-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Um, try taking the path in the opposite direction. The cave you need Din's Fire should be near a triforce symbol on the east side. You need to actually hit the symbol with the fire, not stand on it. It took me a while to figure that out.

Shakal
05-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Yeah, it's pretty close to the waterfall cave, that you needed the wand for.

And if anyone knows, or figures out how to get the boss key in level 8, I would be greatly appreciated.

Peach
05-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Lens of Truth in Level 7, huh? I managed to complete the Mansion, and procure the Crypt map, but that's about it. An Armos statue glitched and turned into a random tile, and nothing could be done with it... Where was the Lens of Truth found?

EDIT:

Actually, I'm going to be a little more specific with my situation. In the Crypt, I've obtained the map, and there is a locked door precisely north, west, west, north, then north from the entrance. There is also an inaccessible key located from the start: north, east. Try as I might, I appear to be quite stuck, even after trying to push every tombstone, and pass through every wall.

Peach
05-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Unrelated: Cole has informed me that if anyone needs to contact him, his e-mail address is [email protected] .

Peach
05-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Unrelated: Cole has informed me that if anyone needs to contact him, his e-mail address is [email protected] .

maggotv22
05-16-2005, 03:15 PM

bet me to telling the forum that lol
vinny

maggotv22
05-16-2005, 03:15 PM

bet me to telling the forum that lol
vinny

JimHenso
05-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Ok, I give up. How do you get the Boss Key in Level 8? I am in the room where it is located, but I can't get to it because there appears to be a hole on both sides of the room. How do I get to it?

Thanks!

JimHenso
05-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Ok, I give up. How do you get the Boss Key in Level 8? I am in the room where it is located, but I can't get to it because there appears to be a hole on both sides of the room. How do I get to it?

Thanks!

Shakal
05-16-2005, 06:30 PM

Thanks!

That's where I'm stuck at too. I've tried everything I can think of.

Shakal
05-16-2005, 06:30 PM

Thanks!

That's where I'm stuck at too. I've tried everything I can think of.

Peach
05-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Both my Level 7 key problem (it has to do with a lock block statue), and the Level 8 boss key problem are glitches. They have been fixed. Wait until the update is available on the site.

Peach
05-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Both my Level 7 key problem (it has to do with a lock block statue), and the Level 8 boss key problem are glitches. They have been fixed. Wait until the update is available on the site.

Rakki
05-16-2005, 07:49 PM
The Level 7 problem is a glitch? I managed to get through Level 7 just fine... o.o I haven't even got to 8 yet though, so yeah.

Rakki
05-16-2005, 07:49 PM
The Level 7 problem is a glitch? I managed to get through Level 7 just fine... o.o I haven't even got to 8 yet though, so yeah.

Peach
05-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes, there was a bad glitch in level 7. If you used a key on the Eyegore statue (located Northeast of the entrance), you could wind up stuck.

Peach
05-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes, there was a bad glitch in level 7. If you used a key on the Eyegore statue (located Northeast of the entrance), you could wind up stuck.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Level 7 wasn't a problem, and I didn't see any thing weird. I don't know how the boss key in level 8 is a glitch, when people have went to level 9 already.

Shakal
05-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Level 7 wasn't a problem, and I didn't see any thing weird. I don't know how the boss key in level 8 is a glitch, when people have went to level 9 already.

csal321
05-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Can anyone please help me?
I am stuck in level 8 and I can't figure out how to get the boss key!
Please help me if you can-

So close to the end- yet so far!
Thanks
-Cindy

oops- i didn't read the other posts--
nevermind!

csal321
05-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Can anyone please help me?
I am stuck in level 8 and I can't figure out how to get the boss key!
Please help me if you can-

So close to the end- yet so far!
Thanks
-Cindy

oops- i didn't read the other posts--
nevermind!

algam86
05-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't get it. In Level 8 on the one I have, I got to the key just fine with the magic sword. Do you have that yet?

Oh, and where's the last sword/golden arrow? I can't find them, and I need them for 9-4 and up, generally.

algam86
05-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't get it. In Level 8 on the one I have, I got to the key just fine with the magic sword. Do you have that yet?

Oh, and where's the last sword/golden arrow? I can't find them, and I need them for 9-4 and up, generally.

Peach
05-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Shakal, not every person would wind up stuck in Level 7--only those who used up a key on the Eyegore statue, like I said. It was a lock block, and it wasn't meant to be.

Peach
05-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Shakal, not every person would wind up stuck in Level 7--only those who used up a key on the Eyegore statue, like I said. It was a lock block, and it wasn't meant to be.

Cole
05-18-2005, 12:33 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Level 8 boss key room has a huge GLITCH! It is a glitch. It was created when I made the new updated levels. However, I had to leave my computer behind when I moved away, and was unable to fix this error.

Right now I gave Peach the password to Shattered Courage and she fixed the level 8 glitch problem. If you want an updated version, you can either email her for the updated quest, or wait till it's updated on the site. I would like to update it and fix all this myself, but may I repeat, I have no computer. Right now I'm using my roommate's computer, which I don't like to be rude enough to stay on for a long period of time. So I'm going to dodge again.

ps: If you want to contact me, the original creator of this game, just email my cell phone at [email protected] for any questions related to this game.

Until I get my computer back. Seeya!!!

Cole
05-18-2005, 12:33 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Level 8 boss key room has a huge GLITCH! It is a glitch. It was created when I made the new updated levels. However, I had to leave my computer behind when I moved away, and was unable to fix this error.

Right now I gave Peach the password to Shattered Courage and she fixed the level 8 glitch problem. If you want an updated version, you can either email her for the updated quest, or wait till it's updated on the site. I would like to update it and fix all this myself, but may I repeat, I have no computer. Right now I'm using my roommate's computer, which I don't like to be rude enough to stay on for a long period of time. So I'm going to dodge again.

ps: If you want to contact me, the original creator of this game, just email my cell phone at [email protected] for any questions related to this game.

Until I get my computer back. Seeya!!!

Peach
05-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Please only e-mail me if you are stuck. Otherwise, please wait until the updated version is available in the quest database. It has been submitted to JayM.

Peach
05-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Please only e-mail me if you are stuck. Otherwise, please wait until the updated version is available in the quest database. It has been submitted to JayM.

Peach
05-18-2005, 10:53 PM
The most recent version should be available in the quest database now. Go download it!

Peach
05-18-2005, 10:53 PM
The most recent version should be available in the quest database now. Go download it!

Shakal
05-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Ah, ok. Had me worried there. lol. I thought I was going nuts.

Shakal
05-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Ah, ok. Had me worried there. lol. I thought I was going nuts.

Shakal
05-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Sorry to post again, but I found another bug. I got the key and everything, but when I went to Ganon's Castle, and went into the shop with the super bombs and stuff, when I left, I was lodged into the top left corner of the castle wall.

Shakal
05-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Sorry to post again, but I found another bug. I got the key and everything, but when I went to Ganon's Castle, and went into the shop with the super bombs and stuff, when I left, I was lodged into the top left corner of the castle wall.

Peach
05-19-2005, 12:42 PM
I noticed that bug, too. Does it prevent progress altogether? You could try making a copy of your save slot, then save after you get stuck. See where you end up after that...

Peach
05-19-2005, 12:42 PM
I noticed that bug, too. Does it prevent progress altogether? You could try making a copy of your save slot, then save after you get stuck. See where you end up after that...

daisy_kat
05-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey, is there another tunic or something that I'm missing? I'm having a difficult time killing the boss in Din's Temple. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

daisy_kat
05-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey, is there another tunic or something that I'm missing? I'm having a difficult time killing the boss in Din's Temple. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Shakal
05-19-2005, 03:42 PM
No, I can't go anywhere, but left, and that just puts me into another wall. And I can't even die, to save it.

Shakal
05-19-2005, 03:42 PM
No, I can't go anywhere, but left, and that just puts me into another wall. And I can't even die, to save it.

daisy_kat
05-19-2005, 04:21 PM
help, I'm stuck in the dungeon wall in Din's Temple. I can't even see me but I know I'm in the upper lft corner because the only item I can use is the Lens...wah!

daisy_kat
05-19-2005, 04:21 PM
help, I'm stuck in the dungeon wall in Din's Temple. I can't even see me but I know I'm in the upper lft corner because the only item I can use is the Lens...wah!

Peach
05-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Shakal - You can save your game simply by choosing <b>Quit</b> from the file menu. It will bring up the same screen you'd see if you died. You can save it from there. As I said, be sure you have a backup file before trying that.

Daisy Kat - Did you appear there after saving your game and reloading it? I may fix that bug and the Ganon's Castle bug as well.

Peach
05-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Shakal - You can save your game simply by choosing <b>Quit</b> from the file menu. It will bring up the same screen you'd see if you died. You can save it from there. As I said, be sure you have a backup file before trying that.

Daisy Kat - Did you appear there after saving your game and reloading it? I may fix that bug and the Ganon's Castle bug as well.

daisy_kat
05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
yup Peach, I saved for the evening then reloaded in the morning and I'm stuck! :(

daisy_kat
05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
yup Peach, I saved for the evening then reloaded in the morning and I'm stuck! :(

Peach
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Ouch, that's bad. I'm going to touch base with Cole about those problems, plus a new one: I found a problem in level 9-1. It seems to be impossible to complete as-is. The flags verify this to be true.

Peach
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Ouch, that's bad. I'm going to touch base with Cole about those problems, plus a new one: I found a problem in level 9-1. It seems to be impossible to complete as-is. The flags verify this to be true.

Shakal
05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
I hope it gets fixed. I defenetly want to replay this one.

Shakal
05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
I hope it gets fixed. I defenetly want to replay this one.

algam86
05-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Two questions:

1-I still can't find those two weapons, the golden sword and golden arrow...Anybody know where they are? I heard something about flames somewhere...

2-If I download that updated version, will I have to start all over? I'd hate that, since I'm already in Level 9, and I've been playing this for over 18 hours...

algam86
05-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Two questions:

1-I still can't find those two weapons, the golden sword and golden arrow...Anybody know where they are? I heard something about flames somewhere...

2-If I download that updated version, will I have to start all over? I'd hate that, since I'm already in Level 9, and I've been playing this for over 18 hours...

Rakki
05-22-2005, 01:09 AM
No, you won't algam86. I've had to update twice since I got the quest, when it originally released, and I haven't had to start over.

Rakki
05-22-2005, 01:09 AM
No, you won't algam86. I've had to update twice since I got the quest, when it originally released, and I haven't had to start over.

Peach
05-24-2005, 03:59 AM
As long as we can avoid it, you will not have to start over when updating. There are some bugs that need addressing still. The most important of these seems to be Daisy Kat's being stuck in a wall. I believe that I fixed this problem, but I don't really know for sure. Daisy Kat, if you e-mail me, I can send you the update. You can let me know if the update fixes your problem.

Peach
05-24-2005, 03:59 AM
As long as we can avoid it, you will not have to start over when updating. There are some bugs that need addressing still. The most important of these seems to be Daisy Kat's being stuck in a wall. I believe that I fixed this problem, but I don't really know for sure. Daisy Kat, if you e-mail me, I can send you the update. You can let me know if the update fixes your problem.

daisy_kat
05-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Peach, hope you got my email. I'm desperate for the update!

[email protected]

daisy_kat
05-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Peach, hope you got my email. I'm desperate for the update!

[email protected]

Shakal
05-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Ok, I mannaged to get past the wall, by quiting the game. Now I'm stuck in 9-1, got a key but can't get to a door to use it. lol.

Shakal
05-24-2005, 09:27 PM
Ok, I mannaged to get past the wall, by quiting the game. Now I'm stuck in 9-1, got a key but can't get to a door to use it. lol.

Ganondork
05-25-2005, 06:15 PM
i ONLY DOWNLOSD GAMES THAT GET 5STAR RATINGS....:SLY:

captlagnaf
05-30-2005, 06:00 PM
How do you get to level 5? I have hookshoot ladder raft and sword found in ice world. Been wandering time warps found ice cave but couldn't pass.

Kiro
06-02-2005, 10:40 PM
This bug really sucks... I just finished beating the Din's fire boss, so I was using save and exit to get out of the dungeon. It took me out of the Din's fire area, and back to the part that's technically called level 3. When I tried to save and exit, it put me on a part of the dungeon I haven't explored before. Furthermore, link doesn't show up, I can't move off the screen (can't really seem to move at all), and I can't even use any items to try to kill myself. Whenever I re-enter the game, I'm still in the same place. So it seems like I'm totally stuck with no way out.

Also, I'm a bit of a noob with Zelda Classic, so I was wondering if you can download other people's "save states."

Rakki
06-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Captlagnaf, I don't know why you can't get through the ice cave, you should be able to as long as you have the Hookshot. The way to level 5 is through that cave.

And Kiro(I know I've seen that name somewhere before... hmm...), no, there's not really a way to download other people's saved games, since this doesn't use save STATES like emulators use, it uses actual save files, like on real video games. As for your getting stuck in Level 3, that's got to be the continue bug that stuck you in the corner. That's why I only quit when I'm actually saving, not to continue. So I don't think there's anything that can be done, other than starting the quest over. Sorry.

daisy_kat
06-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Kiro, actually this happened to me too. Peach was able to fix me though. I can send you the fix I got if you e-mail me. It sounds like you were in the same place as me. Otherwise, contact Peach and send a screen shot of where you are and she might be able to help.

elise
06-03-2005, 11:02 AM
And Kiro(I know I've seen that name somewhere before... hmm...), no, there's not really a way to download other people's saved games, since this doesn't use save STATES like emulators use, it uses actual save files, like on real video games. As for your getting stuck in Level 3, that's got to be the continue bug that stuck you in the corner. That's why I only quit when I'm actually saving, not to continue. So I don't think there's anything that can be done, other than starting the quest over. Sorry.

don't know about the 2.10
but I used Ielens save.file to get me out of a bug in IOTW without starting all over ( I was playing in the 184 when it must be played in the 183)
So it can be done
If you play in 184 and get in a bug you can also put your save.file in the 183
and sometimes thats also enough to get you out of the bug
The 210 save . file you can't put in the 184 or 183

daisy_kat
06-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know ho to get the key in 9-1? I've been all over, even past the toadstool guy but I don't have a key to get through the locked door. I want my money bag!

Kiro
06-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Kiro, actually this happened to me too. Peach was able to fix me though. I can send you the fix I got if you e-mail me. It sounds like you were in the same place as me. Otherwise, contact Peach and send a screen shot of where you are and she might be able to help.

Thanks. My e-mail is [email protected] .

Shakal
06-05-2005, 03:50 AM
Does anyone know ho to get the key in 9-1? I've been all over, even past the toadstool guy but I don't have a key to get through the locked door. I want my money bag!

That's where I'm at. got a key, dunno what to do with it, see a locked door, can't get to it. Yeah.

Spudnickator
06-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Hey, i've only just downloaded the quest and im up to level 2. I've run out of magic and i cant find any more. Help please.

Crackers
06-05-2005, 07:52 PM
I've been wandering around trying to find lv6. Can someone give me directions from lv5 so I can play some more?

daisy_kat
06-06-2005, 10:26 AM
That's where I'm at. got a key, dunno what to do with it, see a locked door, can't get to it. Yeah.

Where'd you find the key? My version has hookshot blocks to the locked door but I don't have a key! I can see one key but I can't find any way to it. :(

daisy_kat
06-06-2005, 10:36 AM
I've been wandering around trying to find lv6. Can someone give me directions from lv5 so I can play some more?

If I recall correctly, L6 is in the Flooded world through the underwater passage.

Crackers
06-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks daisy kat, I did find lv6. I keep getting killed though. Are there boots around somewhere so I can get across the bad parts of the pond? I can't find the "goodies" in this level or get to the keys I need. Any help would be appreciated.

daisy_kat
06-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Crackers, you just have to keep trying. L6 can be tough. You will eventually find some boots to help, but I can't remember how far in they are. Once you have them though, it's a lot easier.

>Can anyone tell me hw to get the key from the pit in 9-1. I've been stuck here all day. The green wizards blew me back the beginning a million times. I finally killed them but I still can't get the key. :(

Nevermind!!!!!!!!!!! Naturally after asking for help after 5 hours of play, I finally figure it out! :rolleyes:

daisy_kat
06-07-2005, 03:58 PM
okay, can someone tell me which ring is more powerful? I have the gold but I recall a ring that was more expensive. Am I recalling right? Also, do I need the third jewel? I finally made it though 9-1 and have the big wallet. Yay me!

maelstorm
06-07-2005, 07:04 PM
ok, i feel like a rube..i have been playing shattered courage for a whole hour now and have figured a few things out, but i am vexed about the entrance to level 2. there are 3 rooms on has an old man telling me this is dangerous, the second is the entrance with the closed door and no monsters to kill or blocks to move to open it and the third has a key i cant get to and a set of stairs that are blocked by i want to say spindle things that i have bombed and pushed and flamed to no avail. Wher the heck is the way in????? :(

maelstorm
06-07-2005, 07:07 PM
addendum to above...never mind figured it out...i hate it when is that simple :laughing:

Crackers
06-07-2005, 08:23 PM
:banghead: :unhappy: Okay, still can't find the boots in lv6. Does anyone know where they are? I've died so many times in this dungeon I'm no longer having a good time. I have no keys for any doors and can't get to the boss key without getting killed.

daisy_kat
06-08-2005, 09:12 AM
Hey does the Super Shop still exist or was it removed from the later versions? Just curious as I never found it...

Gendof
06-08-2005, 12:37 PM
daisy,
I haven't found Super Shop anywhere either.
How did you get 9-1 wallet...I have spent too, too long trying.
Also, I have spent a while in 9-5 but seem to stop in lower left room of lower right quadrant (reflector can't be pulled into proper place.
Gendof

daisy_kat
06-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Gendof, the wallet took me about 2 days! I finally figured out that once you beat the three green wizards in the room with the key, back out and go back in so the floor is intact. Then walk down and to the left following the pattern of the pit but north one square I think. I took a few tries. Once you get the key it's easy from there. Just follow along till you get the boss key. Then, good luck. I found standing still was the best option for the boss. Have you made it through 9-2 yet? I finally managed to get the key to open the first door but now I'm stuck again! :( I can't figure out the trigger to change the room with the stature in it.

daisy_kat
06-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Crackers, can you take a snapshot of the room you're stuck in and email it to me. I can't recall where they are but I should recognize the room. Also, when I get like this. I start making a map of each room in a table in Word so I can see exactly where I'm going. Plus comparing that to the map on the Pause screen sometimes shows you where a secret room may be.

Gendof
06-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Daisy,
Thanks, I'll try that.
Yes, I got through 9-2...it's annoying but not too tough.
Which room has the statue?

daisy_kat
06-08-2005, 01:56 PM
From the beginning, through the locked door on the north side then right. There's a second entrance from the beginning by going to the right though an information room (?) then north through a secret passage. There's a statue all the way to the right plus a small island in front of it and poison water for a floor. I've used the lens all over but can't find anything.

Gendof
06-08-2005, 02:22 PM
From the entrance go right, then north through the wall into the pool of green water. There is a warp in the pool that the lens doesn't show.
In 9-1 I don't think I have found the room you describe. I have been through a total of twelve rooms...up the left side and top to info room.
I can't get to the locked door below the info room on top...???

daisy_kat
06-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks, but I just found it. Does your version not have slingshot blocks in front of the locked door? Mine does. I can email it to you if you send me your email address.

btw, does anyone have the version wit the Super Shop. It takes too long to get 999 rupees and I need the blue crystal now....thanks!

Gendof
06-08-2005, 02:51 PM
You don,t need the blue crystal to get up through the room you're in. Beat the wall guys then work your way to the door at the top...it's frustrating (and the blue crystal doesn't really help)
Thanks

daisy_kat
06-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Is there any way to beat a dodongo without any bombs? I'm stuck in the boss room with them and I saved and now I can't get out to get more bombs!

Crackers
06-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks for trying to help daisy kat. I've been to all the rooms that don't need keys. I saw a key in the water that I couldn't get to and I see a couple of locked doors but the map shows that I was already in those rooms. I am not stuck in any particular room. I just need help to find the boots so I can quit dying and finish lv6. I have no idea where they are. I've been trying to get the boss key without them but keep dying. I found the walk thru walls but still haven't found any boots. :(

you need bombs. that's the only way I know of to beat the little beasties.

Gendof
06-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Crackers,
In the same room where you got the map, if you come in from the other side you can open a new door.

Yoshi348
06-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Um... I've gotten past level 2 and I have to say... this quest is fairly bad in the gameplay department. Level 2 is quite frustrating due to the fact that you have little magic for your candle, and the only place to get magic is the Vire Tribble near level 1's entrance. Plus, you can often get completely trapped if you run out of magic. And then... you GIVE OUT THE HAMMER IN LEVEL 2! You just don't give out the hammer in level 2! It's got the strength of the Magic Sword with a not very unmanagable drawback. That's like giving the player the Red Ring there.

EDIT: Okay... this is cute. I went one square to the right of the Farore's Wind, saw the docks I don't have a raft for, and then ended up saving... and when I loaded, I ended up in front of a warp cave halfway across the map! I'm not even sure if I can make it back...

maelstorm
06-09-2005, 12:42 AM
ok all, I need a little help...i think i found a bug and i dont know how to get around it...so i have just finished din's temple and instead of walking out i get fancy and teleport out to the entarnce of the temple. i then procede to exit the temple and am back in Lvl 3: flooded sorrow, here is the kicker i hit the teleport button by accident again and now am invisible and the screen wont move. i can still get into my inventory so the game didnt lock up only the character is missing and i cant do anything. i have tried reseting and continueing to no avail.....any ideas people? we are talking 9 hours of game play here?

edit: daisy got me through...thx once again :D

Crackers
06-09-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks Gendof for the help, it was exactly what I needed and I figured out the rest by re-reading all the messages related to this quest and found the clue I needed. Boy, lv6 was a tough one for sure but I finally beat it. :laughing:

I'm now (of course) having trouble with lv7, I beat all the enemies except the tornado wizrobe and still can't get the boss key. How do I get across the black area to get it? I did find the crypt but dont' have a key for it. None of the previous messages help. :(

maelstorm
06-09-2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks Gendof for the help, it was exactly what I needed and I figured out the rest by re-reading all the messages related to this quest and found the clue I needed. Boy, lv6 was a tough one for sure but I finally beat it. :laughing:

I'm now (of course) having trouble with lv7, I beat all the enemies except the tornado wizrobe and still can't get the boss key. How do I get across the black area to get it? I did find the crypt but dont' have a key for it. None of the previous messages help. :(

crackers where is the last key...i cant find it in lvl 6 and i have been wandering for a while...i must have gone through the thing like 3 times and just cant find the last regular key so i can get to the boss fight is it in a cavern?

edit: ok that is pretty funny i got bored and figured well i have the boots so lets go get the flippers, goofed around for a bit and then went back to lvl 6 where the flippers got me into the bosses room....i think i did miss a key in there somewhere though, but for the life of me can't figure that out.

Peach
06-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Ah, it seems that more people are running into problems with the quest. Are there still any unresolved issues? I can investigate to see if they are bugs, and fix them accordingly. I may not be too quick in responding, though. I am not the author of the quest. That honour goes to Cole.

daisy_kat
06-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Crackers, you get the L7 key in the big house before you go to the crypt.

Peach, is the Super Shop still in the current version? L9 is expensive! And btw, you've been doing a great job keeping us going. Thanks for stepping when Cole had to go and special thanks to Cole for a great quest. I've played like 28 hours and I'm still enjoying it.

Hey, do I want the purple ring of the gold ring? I have the gold but the purple is more expensive than the gold. Does that mean it's better or is it a trick?

daisy_kat
06-10-2005, 12:34 PM
nevermind, I managed to get back. HAs anyone gotten though 9-3 yet. I can't figure out where to use the wand in the room to the right of the beginning.

<okay I have a new problem. I beat Ganon in his castle and now I'm in the final level. However I didn't finish L9-3 through 8. I don't have a golden sword or arrow or whatever else I was supposed to get in those levels. And I can't figure out how to get back. It won't even let me out of the Final level...any ideas?>

Gendof
06-10-2005, 01:40 PM
If you are not in the final, final level, I think you can whistle your way out. As for 9-3. I have tried everything in the first room on the left. I suspect that the underwater reflecting blocks are misplaced or one is missing. Also, in 9-5, the bottom left room of the lower right quadrant requires that a reflector be moved impossibly.
Peach, any help?

Gendof
06-10-2005, 01:41 PM
Oops...in 9-3, I meant the first room on the right.

daisy_kat
06-10-2005, 02:07 PM
so where is the golden arrow and sword?! I need them for 9-4 but I can't get anywhere in 9-3.

Peach
06-10-2005, 03:11 PM
I haven't removed any shops. Bug fixes are all that I have performed when it comes to this quest. What's this purple ring that you speak of? I thought there were only the blue, red, and gold rings. With all of the ring colours, there should be a rainbow ring. Not only would it be the most powerful ring, but it would also completely block weak enemy attacks (like from Octoroks). You could stand in an Octorok-filled room all day, and never get hurt. '^_^'

daisy_kat
06-10-2005, 03:23 PM
can you im me a hint to where it's located?

I have the gold ring - it was 400. I found a purple one for 600 (maybe this is blue, but there is a similiar one for 70), then a red ring for 900. Not sure which I should have. Oddly enough when I got the gold ring, my flippers turned gold too...

Crackers
06-10-2005, 06:18 PM
maelstorm, you need the boots to get the keys. One was in the pool, one on a ledge and I think the other one you had to walk thru a wall across from the wall you already walked thru. Can't exactly remember, old age buzz I guess.

deuce617
06-12-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm also having the same problem, Din's temple/level 3. Any way you can send me the fix please Daisy? My email is [email protected]. TIA

athanato
06-13-2005, 04:37 AM
yea I'm having some more trouble with level 7 I finished the mansion got into the crypt and got the map and lens of truth but cant seem to find where to go next. i think it may be in the room up one and right one from the entrance but i cant seem to get the magic wand to set the statue off? any help??
thanks
vinny

I'm stuck there too, where did you place the movable crystal and from which crystal do you fire and from what side?

thnx

Edit: n/m I figured it out, if anyone needs to know I can post it.

athanato
06-13-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm at the entrance of lvl 8 after just getting the last shard and in the next room I'm assuming that I need to play the flute in order to bring up the hidden staircase, where might I find the flute?

thnx

edit: n/m, I got it. I forgot about the castle.

athanato
06-14-2005, 01:57 AM
I found a bug in the latest build of this quest.

When you teleport to the northwest part of Ice World to get the hart container (a small ledge outside of the cave exit) you are not put on the ledge, instead you pop up on the top left hand corner of the screen on top of a tree where you are permanetly stuck. You can't even use the flute to teleport out because you are on the edge of the sceen where you cannot use items.

I tried to get a screen capture but the capture was corrupt (just pink background)

athanato
06-16-2005, 10:39 PM
I found another one of these bugs in the latest build of this quest.

When you exit the shop with $10 super bombs which is outside at the buttom of level 9 you are not put in front of the exit, instead you pop up on the top left hand corner of the screen on top of castle wall where you are permanetly stuck. You can't even use the flute to teleport out because you are on the edge of the sceen where you cannot use items.

Peach
06-16-2005, 11:58 PM
You guys may need to wait until this weekend before I can address your concerns. Thank you for your patience!

athanato
06-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Cole hinted that there is a Godess Temple hidden in Level 3, has anyone found this? IF so where and how to find it?

thnx

maelstorm
06-18-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm stuck there too, where did you place the movable crystal and from which crystal do you fire and from what side?

thnx

Edit: n/m I figured it out, if anyone needs to know I can post it.

I am stuck in lvl 7, i have the lens, the red boomarang, the map and the compass i have completed most of this level except in the room to the right of the main entrance there is a movable crystal, a statue and a movable block surrounded by grave stones...when i use the lens it says i have to move the block, fine...problem is, is that there are grave stones on either side and a tree on the bottem...how do i move these grave stones i have tried everything and moving the crystal to wand the statue does nothing so thats not the obvious answer, i have also tries burning the grave stones as from previous parts of this level, shooting it with every thing even breaking out good old din's fire...and suggestions?

athanato
06-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I am stuck in lvl 7, i have the lens, the red boomarang, the map and the compass i have completed most of this level except in the room to the right of the main entrance there is a movable crystal, a statue and a movable block surrounded by grave stones...when i use the lens it says i have to move the block, fine...problem is, is that there are grave stones on either side and a tree on the bottem...how do i move these grave stones i have tried everything and moving the crystal to wand the statue does nothing so thats not the obvious answer, i have also tries burning the grave stones as from previous parts of this level, shooting it with every thing even breaking out good old din's fire...and suggestions?

Doesn't the satue have a sheild on it when you use the mirror?

athanato
06-19-2005, 10:07 PM
lvl 9-1: In the compass room and I see that I need to hit the statue with the wand but how do I get on the other side to get the clear shot?

lvl 9-2: First room to the left, using the mirror of truth I see the hidden block with the mirror sheild on it and on the other side opposite the power braclet, and the room is full of water. What do I do in there?

thnx