PDA

View Full Version : Cave-Type DMAPs

Legend789
04-13-2005, 05:36 PM
What are the Cave-Type DMAPs for? And how do you make cave duplicate rooms, in Zelda Classic. I tried using Dungeon, but you can't see Link until he walks forward. I'm using almost everything themed like the Original Legend of Zelda, if that helps.

Thanks in advanced.

Legend789
04-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Oh, and two more questions: (1) How do you change it so that Link doesn't show up on the map, and (2) How do you change it so that Link's marker shows up in a different room in a DMAP, like a room underneath the last room, instead of a room next to the last room?

Again, assistance will greatly be appreciated.

DeFray
04-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Cave DMaps are a lot like Dungeon ones, but doors don't work, secrets are permanent, and there are other differences that I don't know much about. You can do a little more with Cave DMaps than you can with dungeon ones, but cave dmaps can be a little harder to use. I don't know much more than that.

Duplicate rooms? What do you mean? Like pushing C to copy a room and V to paste it? I don't think I understand your question.

I don't know much about manipulating the map. :shrug: Hopefully someone else can help you.

Legend789
04-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks that helps. What I mean about Duplication of Cave Rooms, is that you get a room that completely "behaves" like a cave room (or a passageway), rather then just looks like a cave room.