PDA

View Full Version : Two questions:

[Spock]
04-13-2005, 01:21 AM
1) In the Initialization Data, what is the tab "DMap Items" for? I see a whole lotta check boxes labeled "M", "C", and "B", but don't know what any of it is.

2) In some people's quests (Freedom's Link to Tortuga), it's mentioned that you can return to places, like a town, after beating a dungeon, and the things people say will be different. Is this just some complex trick with a bunch of tile warping, or is there actually a way to change data on one screen from a different screen via some sort of trigger, like defeating the boss of a dungeon?

There's a chance the two of these are linked somehow, but I don't want to muck around and learn these things the hard way. Help would be much appreciated. :)

Orion
04-13-2005, 01:35 AM
As for number 1, those stand for the Map, Compass, and Boss Key of each DMAP. Checking them will give them to the player by default.

As for number 2, I really don't know. Hopefully someone will say something, cuz I would also like to know.

Freedom
04-13-2005, 01:59 AM
There are actually 9 towns in Link to Tortuga.
When you beat a level it triggers a boss flag which places a warp in the enterance screen to the towns which then takes you to the next.
So what happenes then in the screen leading to town before the sheriffs office you insta warp as many as 8 screens while walking across that one screen, but since the screens are identical, you don't know you are warping.

How to set up the triggers.
The first town is level 1 so when level 1 boss is defeated it triggers "secret combos" in the screen leading into the town when there is a trigger enemy and a boss flag set.
You also set screen data>no secret sounds, and enemy=secrets.
You place the direct warp tile in secret combos and place the flag on the screen where link will step on it, sending him to the second town.

You follow this same pattern out for the rest of the towns/levels moving the warp tile flag so that link will continue to step on them as he advances, and continue to raise the town level numbers with the dungeon levels, 2, 3, 4 etc.

Aranda
04-13-2005, 08:28 AM
There are actually 9 towns in Link to Tortuga.
When you beat a level it triggers a boss flag which places a warp in the enterance screen to the towns which then takes you to the next.
So what happenes then in the screen leading to town before the sheriffs office you insta warp as many as 8 screens while walking across that one screen, but since the screens are identical, you don't know you are warping.

How to set up the triggers.
The first town is level 1 so when level 1 boss is defeated it triggers "secret combos" in the screen leading into the town when there is a trigger enemy and a boss flag set.
You also set screen data>no secret sounds, and enemy=secrets.
You place the direct warp tile in secret combos and place the flag on the screen where link will step on it, sending him to the second town.

You follow this same pattern out for the rest of the towns/levels moving the warp tile flag so that link will continue to step on them as he advances, and continue to raise the town level numbers with the dungeon levels, 2, 3, 4 etc.

What is the trigger enemy?

Freedom
04-13-2005, 10:51 AM
It's an invisible enemy that is placed on the screen just like any other enemy that dies when the boss is killed.

[Spock]
04-13-2005, 01:18 PM
I see... interesting. Thanks a lot, all.