PDA

View Full Version : Natural Selection my a**

Orion
04-12-2005, 10:40 PM
http://entertainment.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=187947

Okay, so everyone has proably heard this by now. This is just what the world needs. IS it just me, or does it seem like most of the people who would be doing society a favor by not reproducing, do so most often?

Example, in my high school, the only people from the class I graduated from who have had children, are those who do drugs on a regular basis, have been to jail more than once, and have other violations on their criminal records. These people were the shit at the bottom of the barrel at my high school, and I have no choice but to feel sorry for their children.

Anybody else come from a place like this?

AtmaWeapon
04-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Humanity evolves in reverse. Because we are civilized, we believe in giving everyone a chance, regardless of their background. In rare instances, a child gains strength from a broken home that gives them an edge in society, leading to their success. More often than not, the child is discouraged and becomes a detriment to society.

Your link does not necessarily indicate a burden to society, though. I guarantee you Britney's neglected child will not draw welfare. The kid will be horribly spoiled but will end up going to college and getting many things that none of us get to have. Whether the child is a good person or not is kind of moot when you consider the real danger to society is children who have no choice but to turn to a life of crime.

Alas, the only solution to this problem would be to either sterilize everyone on government assistance, abort their children, or take them to orphanages. The last choice is as bad as letting the parents care for them, in many cases. The other choices are unspeakably cruel and should never be seriously considered. Removing freedom from the poor starts us down a slippery slope and you don't have to study history very carefully to find the most common results of an aristocracy that has more rights than the poor.

One of the major problems is that becoming a successful person in society requires about 10 years of dedicated work between the ages of 20 and 30. By the time you pass 30, your virility is not as good as it was, and while it is still possible to conceive your chances of having a child at all decrease with each year. I know this because lots of the 40-year old women who were too busy establishing their businesses in my community are now on incredibly expensive fertility treatments. I'm sure they'll enjoy having teenagers while in their 50s.

Anyway, for these people, a child at 22 or 23 would have meant they couldn't have been working 10 hour days that got them that big promotion. For someone lower on the social ladder, social promotion seems hopeless so there is less of a penalty associated with having children. At the bottom of the social ladder you have the people who are totally irresponsible and usually these kids have parents that will watch the baby for them, so there are almost no consequences to having the child.

Lilith
04-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Most smart people, it seems, don't want kids.

Instead the morons reproduce.

It makes me feel bad for the people who are actually born to good parents these days. There's gonna be a loooot of morons for them to deal with.

Carcer
04-13-2005, 06:04 AM
Instead the morons reproduce.

Actually, they don't reproduce. They spawn. Or at least they do in the UK. We like to call them Chavs.

Archibaldo
04-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Well, at least she won't have another concert for another 4 years or so due to taking care of the baby.

Dark Knight
04-13-2005, 10:00 AM
HAH! She'll hire someone else to take care of her child.

Blonde799
04-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Natural Selection my a**
Hehe. It's not anyone's fault that Federline has the skills to get women pregnant.:laughing:

Natural selection comes down to making a woman want to get it on with you, and then passing on your genes. Unrelated qualities don't matter, because in the end, well...they don't..

Ich
04-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Has nobody explored the amusing aspects of this announcement that the baby will be born 1-2 months premature (as in, the baby will be born 7-8 months after their marriage), but still fat and happy?