PDA

View Full Version : Need an uninstaller please!

Jennybean 1980
04-12-2005, 02:30 AM
Someone please help me get rid of the DOS version of this game. DL by mistake. I have both but cannot rid mysel of dos version, please help. tks

SoStaci
04-12-2005, 02:34 AM
first of all, this should not be in the quest discussion forum

second....i don't know.

Jennybean 1980
04-12-2005, 02:36 AM
sorry, i am new, i didn't know where else to ask..... no one will help me.... i even e mailed from the home page, been days and no response.... sorry again....

Freedom
04-12-2005, 03:17 AM
You don't need an uninstaller.

Jennybean 1980
04-12-2005, 07:51 PM
So then how do I get these off my computer then?

Every time I try to delete them, even running in safe mode with only a few things running they will not delete. so tell me, how do I get rid of them if not with an uninstaller. you cannot just click delete. it does not work like that.

would some one who please knows something about windows system 32 root files help me out here? I don' t mean to sound all rude or superior here but I have literally tried everything I know how to get these 2 things off. and at every turn have failed....

Verbatim
04-21-2005, 03:02 AM
There should be nothing special about ZC files that would prevent them from being deleted...installing them is just a matter of unzipping them to a folder anywhere on your hard-drive, and uninstalling them should just be a matter of deleting them.

If you can't delete the files for ZC, then there's something wrong with your computer unrelated to ZC...maybe you should try running scandisk (or checkdisk on XP computers)...you can find it by right-clicking your hard-drive, going to properties->tools tab->error checking (I think it said "scandisk" rather than "error checking" in older versions of Windows...not sure though), and clicking the button to start a scan.

...by referring to "system 32", you don't mean you put them in \windows\system32\ ...right? If you did put any ZC files in a system folder, it might refuse to delete them because they're in a protected location for essential files, and all I can say is, hey, at least they don't take up that much room...

fatcatfan
04-21-2005, 09:35 AM
As it turned out, the problem was a Windows XP bug which can prevent you from deleting executable files placed on your desktop. To fix the problem you needed to use a special utility to close the file handles for the problem files, then delete them from the command prompt.