PDA

View Full Version : Breathalizer and the Prom

Ganonator
04-11-2005, 02:53 AM
from fark: http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=3186737

It's funny how this is such a media bombshell, but when I was in highschool years ago, they were doing this to us. Of course, a year earlier, I came to Morp ( the Sadie Hawkin's dance ) totally tanked.

Anybody else?

Daarkseid
04-11-2005, 03:48 AM
Hah hah, me going to my high school's prom. Hilarious.

By high school, I was so isolated from people that my best friend became the school's vending machines between classes.

Brasel
04-11-2005, 07:14 AM
I'm not suprised, and I don't disaprove.

I'd much rather blow into a breathalizer than have to deal with drunken assholes at a prom. I didn't have that problem when I went to mine, but I could imagine. The people who would have pulled that genious idea off were usually assholes when they were sober.

And who can forget one of my friends losing his brother to a drunken driver a couple nights after homecoming. Its a shame. Even when I drank underaged, I was ALWAYS responsible about it.

J.J. Maxx
04-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Hah hah, me going to my high school's prom. Hilarious.

By high school, I was so isolated from people that my best friend became the school's vending machines between classes.

Having met you personally, I can honestly say that out of all the kids I remember from my high-school, I would have rather hung out with you than any of them. ;)

DarkPanther
04-11-2005, 08:43 AM
Even when I drank underaged, I was ALWAYS responsible about it.

Exactly. The lesson he's trying to convey to us is:

be responsible + break the law = it's okay because it's you.

I think we could all learn a little something from this formula.

Brasel
04-11-2005, 09:17 AM
So yeah, breaking the law might not be responsible, but at least I didn't do anything that would get anyone else hurt.

Carcer
04-11-2005, 09:23 AM
I remember, we had one at the end of... our third year of secondary school, in which we all had a manic time being immature on a bouncy castle. The only thing we drank was lemonade and coke.
Then, halfway through the next year, or grade, there was another, which I missed to go to a real gig. Apparently 85% of people that went were drunk, at 14/15, and incredibly none of the staff noticed. Then again, our school had riots, so it's to be expected.

Glitch
04-11-2005, 10:56 AM
I don't think I ever went to any school dance completely sober....

Ich
04-11-2005, 11:56 AM
I came to Morp ( the Sadie Hawkin's dance ) totally tanked.

You were the student body president, weren't you? Ours is also a terrific role-model; she's a very smart girl who also happens to be a bisexual alcoholic whore.

The Breathalizers don't have a little light that indicates "stoned."

mikeron
04-11-2005, 01:50 PM
By high school, I was so isolated from people that my best friend became the school's vending machines between classes.Yeah, Clunky and Coin-Eater were the shit! Funny how they perfectly bisected the path from the AP Chem storage room to the computer lab.

Ganonator
04-11-2005, 02:06 PM
You were the student body president, weren't you? Ours is also a terrific role-model; she's a very smart girl who also happens to be a bisexual alcoholic whore. I was, but not at the time of this dance. This was a year or so before that fateful election, and therefore my presidency.

Besides: I didn't drive drunk, I didn't dance with anybody, and I certainly didn't let everybody know like the lovable lush I am. It was win-win.

Pablo
04-11-2005, 04:59 PM
My school does this, only our breathalyzer can apparently detect weed, too. I didn't think they did this at public schools too, but this isn't terribly surprising. Depressing, yeah, but not surprising.

Orion
04-11-2005, 05:30 PM
I didn't think you could test for weed by just using a breathalizer. I thought drug tests used urine samples because that is the only way you can tell?

Pablo
04-11-2005, 06:32 PM
It'd be just like the administration to tell us they can detect weed just to keep us on our toes, but as far as I know, they've found a way to detect pot on your breath.

Archibaldo
04-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Meh, so they have a breath-a-lizer at the entrance. Besides, you can always get smashed after the prom.