PDA

View Full Version : Sega Fantasy VI - hilarious

Warlock
04-11-2005, 12:43 AM
http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cabic508/rsf/SF6-2i.swf

Quite possibly one of the funniest flash movies I have seen in a LONG while. The basic gist - the end of Final Fantasy 6 but with all the characters replaced by video game consoles (Kefka was PSP :)).. it's insanely long (like 30 min) but funny as hell.

BTW, for those who havn't beaten FF6, it kinda has spoilers since it parodies the entire ending.

Warlock
04-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Aww, didn't anyone look at it? :P

AtmaWeapon
04-11-2005, 08:03 PM
I saw it a couple of weeks ago but wasn't going to post it unless someone did an English translation. Is this the one in Japanese or is there finally one in English?

I hear the text is hilarious but I can't read that crazy moon language so until I can read it it's just a bunch of consoles bouncing around :/

theplustwo
04-11-2005, 08:07 PM
It's English! I watched the whole battle sequence and some of the attacks were pretty funny. I didn't have the patience to sit through the whole cinematic ending part though. Having never played the actual game those parts didn't really make any sense.

Archibaldo
04-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Awesome. But why didn't they mention the DS?

Warlock
04-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Awesome. But why didn't they mention the DS?

You didn't sit through the whole thing.. the two GBA SP's had a baby DS at the end :D haha

Archibaldo
04-11-2005, 09:58 PM
No wonder. I got impatient and wanted to do something else.

Warlock
04-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah, if you watch the credits it has a lot of cool scenes from earlier in the game. Like, when Kefka moves those statues in FF6. They have the Emperor as a PS2 and Kefka is like a Neo Geo Pocket (or something, I don't remember exactly what he was) and becomes a PSP :) haha.. Also, Shadow's (Virtual Boy) dog Interceptor is a Pikachu Pocket.. absolutely hilarious.

Also, if you don't want to watch the whole thing, you can skip to different parts from the title screen area (instead of choosing "New Game")

AtmaWeapon
04-11-2005, 11:43 PM
oh this one is English?

There goes 30 minutes of my day tomorrow :(

Blonde799
04-12-2005, 01:32 AM
Those battles were hilarious, especially the PSP one.:laughing:

Warlock
04-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Those battles were hilarious, especially the PSP one.:laughing:

Hehe.. "Unreliable Batteries" which drained MP and "Stuck Square Button" were the best :D For some reason the "Call technical support" seemed very much like a move Kefka would do too. It has been ages since I actually beat that game (way back since the original SNES version - workin' on it again in the PSX version I just bought about a month ago) but I know he would always stop and say shit during the middle of the battles and have wierd-ass "talking moves" like that :)

I also loved the Famicom battle. First it summons R.O.B. who does moves like "Gyromite" and then it summons the Power Glove.. just classic.

And the Master System using "Golden Axe".. haha..

vegeta1215
04-12-2005, 03:18 AM
That was kinda funny. I didn't recognize a few of those consoles though. :shrug:

Watching that reminds me, I still have to beat FFVI!!! I haven't played it in years. Last time I played I think I was building up everyone's magical abilities before heading into Kefka's Tower.

btw, was all the music in the movie from FFVI? The song that played when the DS was "born" sounded a lot like a Zelda tune...

Carcer
04-12-2005, 08:00 AM
I didn't recognise some of them, either... but still, it was quite good. Some of the attacks were quite hilarious. Still, I think that it could have been shorter in some way, I got rather bored and annoyed that there was no DS. And I'm not watching it to the end just to see it. It reminds me of RM2K3 actually. Mixed with flash and what looks like paint.

Saffith
04-12-2005, 11:32 AM
That was more clever than I expected. And it's nice how many systems they crammed in there. (Playdia? How obscure...)

btw, was all the music in the movie from FFVI? The song that played when the DS was "born" sounded a lot like a Zelda tune...Yes, it was all from FFVI, though the battle songs were a little different. The song playing when the DS showed up was the prelude, one of the songs that's been in almost every FF game. I think it was FFV that they started putting it in the endings for some reason.

Kryten
04-13-2005, 01:07 AM
OMG Warlock, I <3 you so much (though I <3 the flash even more). I think that is now my all-time most favoritest flash. The author actually made an attempt to inject some decent humor into the video rather than the usual bunch of "crazy" random images.
Even better than Mario Twins! :O

Am I correct in assuming that the original Japanese version had voicework?

Beldaran
04-13-2005, 02:15 AM
hahaha that was bad ass. I cracked up when the Xbox cast "Can't Write To Memory". hahaha

EDIT: I also loved it when the PSX tried to MUG the Sega CD and it got a "NOTHING WORTH STEALING" message. hehehe

Warlock
04-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Heh, I love how the Xbox used "LIVE" spell to revive people :) I thought that was cleaver :)

Blonde799
04-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Some of the joke attacks used in it seem pretty obvious though.:laughing:

KingArthur
04-13-2005, 05:36 PM
the PSP evolved from a pocketstation.. it was like a VMU for the PSX released in japan only.

Rijuhn
04-14-2005, 01:06 AM
yeah...it was okay...man, that's 30 minutes wasted on nastolgia. Oh well, at least it brought back those good old memories, I just didn't like how slow it progressed.