PDA

View Full Version : Question about Combos/Flags

Rakki
04-10-2005, 06:10 PM
I doubt there is, but is there any way to trigger an item appearing by triggering another flag/combo? Like, by slashing something else? I don't mean having the item appear under what you slash, I mean making it show up somewhere on the screen after slashing like a switch or something.

Ganonator
04-10-2005, 10:41 PM
yes, but it will take a bit of trickery.

set this room up with one entrance and one exit.

Set the thing you are going to slash with the sword flag (i don't know the number offhand). Around that item, have there be flags that change the combo the player is standing on to pit warps. After you slash the thing, these will change to pits, and you will warp to an identical screen that has the item where you want it. since the room only has one exit, just set up a side-warp to the original entrance to that screen.

I hope i wasn't horribly confusing!

Rakki
04-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Heck no. I may be new on the forums, but I've had ZC for a long time. :D And I figured someone would say that, lol. I wanted to see if I could make a treasure chest that gives you the item as soon as you open it, which I did, as long as you're standing in the right position on the tile below it. It warps you to a duplicate of the room, gives you the item as soon as you warp, which you hold up, and after Link stops holding it above his head, a timed warp warps you back to the original room. Oh, the screen flag "No Subscreen" is also checked, so you can't SEE that you moved one room up on the map. I think I might use this technique on LARGE treasures, like, items from the dungeons, but it's probably a no as far as the small chests go. Another question though, the only thing I couldn't figure out was how to make the chest STAY open. I managed to get the warp working, but I couldn't figure out how to turn off the warps and keep the chest open. Although, I think the only thing I'll NEED is to know how to disable the chest being slashable again, since that's what sets off the warps. So, how do I do that? It has something to do with the "Dungeon Boss" enemy flag, right?