PDA

View Full Version : Halo CD Key question

SUCCESSOR
04-08-2005, 11:20 PM
I need to know how to change the cd key for halo without reinstalling and shit like that. Can anyone help me out?

Daarkseid
04-09-2005, 12:08 AM
This is nintendo country pal, we hate Halo and anything that takes market share away from the big N.

Beldaran
04-09-2005, 12:41 AM
This is nintendo country pal, we hate Halo and anything that takes market share away from the big N.

Halo PC doesn't take market share away from Nintendo.

SUCCESSOR: I have Halo PC, but I don't know what you are talking about. What do you mean by change the cd key? Why would you need to do that if the game is already installed. I'm confused.

bigjoe
04-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Yeah, Nintendo Country (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=83219) alright... :laughing:

Your best bets would be to Google it or search for a a key changer on IRC. Dont know how to get you directly to your answer, though.

Daarkseid
04-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I'm not going to explain myself, other than to say I was poking fun at this forum's apparent console bias.

Goat
04-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Im all for Xbox. And im guessing that its an illegal version of the game and the game figured out that it was cracked.

SUCCESSOR
04-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Cracked, not cracked... what's it matter? The whole point is a got I bunch of computers with halo and a list of cd keys to go through to try to get them all to work for a LAN game and it's entirely too long of a process to reinstall every time I want to try a new key.

obi
04-10-2005, 08:21 AM
You should be able to change the key with windows' Regedit fucntion directly, but im sure there should also be some CD key changer exe's out there. Theres plenty for UT2k4, C&C...the list goes on for those
(Check HKEY_LM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Halo - The PID field should be the CD key)

Edit

But the CD keys shouldnt be an Issue if its for Lan right?
Granted the most convinient way to set it up for your situation would be to use one of the cracked exe's for each install. It removed the need for CD keys alltogether but you can only play with another use who uses the same crack.

I'm pretty sure I can distro it here but e-mail me and I can send that to you if you want :\

( obizak at gmail dot com )

AlexMax
04-12-2005, 01:19 AM
Why do you need to? From what I undertsand, multiplayer doesn't even check for a freaking changed .exe (from NO-CD cracking), much less a CD key.