PDA

View Full Version : Boomerang Bug?

Aranda
04-07-2005, 05:36 PM
The boomerang doesn't work if you try to throw it diagonally up-left?

Tom
04-09-2005, 08:36 AM
yeah i think keyboards dont really respond properly with too many keys pressed it seems to mostly be things like ctrl, up and left. I use a joypad now so it doesnt affect me. It's not actually a bug with zelda classic just try and reconfigure the keys or get a joypad.

Aranda
04-09-2005, 08:51 PM
The joypad and keyboard are not configured in the same manner.
Therefore it's bug + I can play 1.90 findly on this computer and throw the boomerang in all 8 directions...

Tom
04-10-2005, 06:36 AM
Well actually Zelda Classic doesnt detect my joypad so i use a special program which came with my joypad to make it emulate keyboard presses. But if you are sure that it works on the older version then i dont know. It works fine for me. But if it is like i've said about the too many buttons being pressed then it has done the same on loads of other games like quake and lots others. Where i havent been able to hold ctrl up and left at the same time. Are you sure you havent accidently changed the key? Or maybe its because of the difference between dos and windows games. Which version are you running. Whatever version it is try the other one. And like i said try changing the controls to see if it works.

Rakki
04-10-2005, 01:57 PM
I use S and A as the A and B buttons instead of Ctrl and Alt, and I don't have problems throwing the boomerang diagonally. This is on all versions of ZC by the way, so like Tom said you might want to try changing the keys.

Aranda
04-10-2005, 02:36 PM
L: A
R: S
A: F
B: [Space]
Start: [Enter]
Map: D
Directions: Normal

Tom
04-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Does that work or not? did you just change it to that please add more content to your posts its hard to understand. If thats what you have it set on at the moment try changing it to see if it works ???

Rakki
04-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Hmm, I'm not positive, but Space might act the same way as Ctrl and Alt, as in, it not counting as being pressed if you have two directions being pressed. Try changing B to a letter and seeing if it works after that.