PDA

View Full Version : The Shoe Thread:

ShadowTiger
04-06-2005, 10:11 AM
The shoe discussion! :D

Heh. ... Yeah, after a topic or two at some other places was made concerning this, and after the varied and relatively unexpected responses I've seen, I thought I would ask here as well.

Do you prefer to wear shoes, sandals, or nothing on your feet wherever preferable? Also, what shoe size are you? And what kind of socks do you prefer? (Color, and height.)

Additionally, and somehow the most important question, ... why?

An example of "why," resides in my wish to wear nothing BUT shoes (and socks) wherever I go, due to the fact that I am unlucky in finding small sharp object to jab into my feet. I even wear swimshoes in the pool. Occasionally, you'll be unlucky enough to find a tiny stalagmite at the bottom of the pool that digs directly into the center of your foot, causing it to sort of ball up in agony. I would never go barefoot anywhere, except between my own room and the shower.

Battle Dragon
04-06-2005, 10:18 AM
I'd say shoes, as they are quite comfortable.
Of course, if I get into a fight, I could use the steel toe and do a real ass kicking.

theplustwo
04-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Shoes, and if not shoes, socks. My feet tend to get cold really easily, so I sleep with socks on and generally only take them off for one thing. :naughty:

ZTC
04-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Usually, I prefer not to have anything on my feet, it's more comfortable that way.

Pablo
04-06-2005, 01:45 PM
I like to be barefoot, but I have a tendency like BH4 to step on the most unfortunate things, so I compromise and wear flip-flops when I can.

Jigglysaint
04-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Anything without laces. I hate laces! Not only can I not do them up, but I think it's a waste of time and velcro is much better. People only are made to tie their shoes because society says you are a retard if you don't.

carrot red
04-06-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm always cold and I have eternal bronchitis, but I like to walk barefoot as often as I can get away with it. I do that most of the time at home, the place is well heated and clean.

If I'm on a dance floor and my shoes start hurting my feet, I have no trouble kicking them off and dancing barefoot. The only problem is I have to wash my feet or change my socks *before* putting my shoes back on.

I like to walk barefoot on the beach, I love to feel the sand between my toes.

On a side note, I never wear socks to bed.

Lutraphobiac
04-06-2005, 03:17 PM
I wear shoes most of the time, but that may be due to the state of my dorm rooms floor. Sometimes at home I will go long periods of time without putting on shoes.

I think the biggest arguement for wearing shoes though is when you can take them off at the end of a hard days work. That is just an awesome feeling for some reason,

gdorf
04-06-2005, 07:13 PM
I like to walk barefoot, and if I am not barefoot I wear converse allstars. Maybe my feet are shaped funny, or maybe its because I've grown so accustomed to them, but those are the only shoes that feel comfortable to me. I own three or four pairs.

VEL
04-06-2005, 07:30 PM
When at home I don't wear anything on my feet. When I go outside I either wear some velcro shoes with white socks, or shoes like this (http://geocities.com/bitchboybong/Val/shoes1.txt) with some type of nylons. I don't own any shoes with shoelaces and haven't owned any for maybe around 10 years, but I have been thinking of getting some sometime.

goKi
04-06-2005, 08:28 PM
I wear shoes. I'm a UK size 9, which i believe is a US 10. I prefer black shoes, and black/white socks.

AtmaWeapon
04-06-2005, 09:13 PM
As of right now, I am the only "other".

Originally, I only wore shoes when I would be leaving the house. Adidas were my shoe of choice, though I had no real style preference. I liked having socks around the house because I would play video games laying on my bed and if I didn't have shoes on there were no worries of bringing the day's filth onto my bed.

One day, I bought a pair of black Converse All-Stars. This is the perfect shoe for me and I have bought no other brand since that day 3 years ago when I bought them. I wore them as I did the Adidas, only when I was headed outside.

Now, I stub my toes quite often, and socks don't provide any AC deflection bonus to my feet. Sometimes I would wear shoes around the house, but every now and then I'd hit something wrong and manage to jam my toe.

At work, I have to wear a pair of steel-toed boots. These are my current shoe of choice. They provide a +5 deflection bonus to AC and also have damage reduction 25/- and +10 to reflex saves against acid and electric traps, along with a +5 bonus to all saves against reduction of traction. My household furniture now cowers in fear as they see me walking.

Since I didn't see boots in the choices I voted "other".

SixTen
04-06-2005, 09:17 PM
I wear shoes usually. Even if I'm just lounging around. I wear a size 12 or 13, which is weird, because im really short. I also have wide feet, and it's hard to find decent shoes that fit when I need new ones.

Archibaldo
04-06-2005, 09:30 PM
I usually wear shoes. In the summer, I wear them inside and ouside. I wear a size 10.

Manny
04-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Jandals (especially havaianas :D), in a heartbeat. I wore them write into the winter time here, up until it got ridiculously cold and realized I was insane to wear them any longer. Since the weather has finally gotten nice here, i'm back to my good ol' jandals. Only wear shoes when I'm trekking, or working (where it's required). I have at least 6 pairs. anyway
cheers,
-manny

vegeta1215
04-06-2005, 10:47 PM
I wear shoes most of the time. I'm a big fan of Vans, so that's what I've had for a few years. During the summer I usually wear sandals unless I'm going to work - I have a pair of very comfy K-Swiss sandals.

theplustwo
04-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Sometimes I would wear shoes around the house, but every now and then I'd hit something wrong and manage to jam my toe.So your Chucks only had a +2 AC deflect modifier? :)

Riku
04-06-2005, 11:00 PM
I like to go barefoot, or wear sandals, but since I have a bad case of athlete's foot, its kinda of gross to others so i stick with socks atleast, my shoe size is 13, and I like short socks:D

VT_Hokie_Fan
04-08-2005, 05:28 PM
barefoot, short socks, size 10 1/2, A3 Garnets