PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Quest Released !!

Nameless
04-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Armageddon Quest at database page (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=221)
This quest's authour Ouch! says Armageddon Quest is the hardest Zelda in the world !! I beat HDDC XT and James Quest2, but I think Armageddon Quest is hader than them !!! ;)
Can you beat this quest? Enjoy!!

JayeM
04-06-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm still trying to get the sword... :(

Nameless
04-06-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm still trying to get the sword... :(
Please,don't worry... ;) I got the sword,and I had mare than 30 death then.

gekos
04-06-2005, 10:26 AM
I don't think this will be a very popular quest. What fun is it having to go 30+ times just to get the sword. If that is an indication of how the game will be played, then you will quickly bore and frustrate the player and give no incentive to keep playing. Perhaps being creative and innovative with your design rather than plummeting a defensless Link with overwhelming enemies would keep your quest interesting and challenging.

Nameless
04-06-2005, 10:40 AM
gekos:I'm not this quest's author. :( Ouch! made this quest.
Also, I think this quest is too hard. And I said you(Ouch!) should make easy version... I will tell Ouch! your comment. ;)

gekos
04-06-2005, 11:10 AM
It took me 31 times to get the sword

SoStaci
04-06-2005, 11:30 AM
I think this quest will really prove who's got the skills to play a challenging quest, but you're right Gekos. It won't be popular if you have to struggle so much, just to get the first sword.

JayeM
04-06-2005, 12:58 PM
I give up. I may try an easier version if it comes out.

Beldaran
04-06-2005, 03:59 PM
I got the sword on my 4th try. This is a fun quest.

Manny
04-06-2005, 10:16 PM
I got the sword pretty easily. Just gotta dodge a bit. Even the room with the wizzrobes is kinda easy too, just gotta time it right. haven't played more though. don't have the time.
peace,
-manny

Nameless
04-07-2005, 02:13 AM
I said I got the sword, I had mare than 30 death. But I was playing test version then. That version was harder than now. So, I had to avoid 5 red wizzrobes... :(

OUCH!
04-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Hello everyone!
Do you enjoy my quest?

SoStaci
04-07-2005, 12:55 PM
I'll see how I can do...see if this is really that difficult.

SoStaci
04-07-2005, 02:11 PM
I got the sword after only 5-7 deaths....but i died 38 times now...and still nothing more than a sword and magic shield, the map and compass of House of Link. How the hell am I supposed to beat this!?

bigboylink
04-07-2005, 11:53 PM
I also managed to snag the sword with only a few deaths. After obtaining the sword, I thought I was finished with the House of Link. I proceeded to visit some other dungeons (Armos Temple, B-Button Pyramid, Forest Restaurant, Ice Palace, and the Gambling Dungeon), where I got my ass handed to me! I was extremely impressed with the ideas that went into some of these dungeons, so kudos to you, OUCH! After returning to level 1 however, I am beginning to anticipate that things will get easier, because the boomerang is available so early. The ability to throw a sword beam at full life made the level 1 boss rather pathetic (after finding the blue bubble of course...great dungeon design there). I hope that the quest can manage to sustain the same level of difficulty as is initially presented.

OUCH!
04-08-2005, 11:58 AM
>Sostaci
Wood swrod's attack power is low.
So the bomb is important.

>bigboylink
I promise you that this quest become difficult more and more!

SoStaci
04-08-2005, 12:06 PM
where is the boomerang?

Rakki
04-08-2005, 01:59 PM
I suppose I might hold the record, since I got the sword with only 1 death. That was even after I grabbed it, instead of quitting and saving, I tried to fight some of the Wizzrobes. Although I did quit another time or two while heading TO the sword, to avoid getting 2 more death counts, so you could say it took me 3 tries to get it. Anyway, I don't think I'll be playing this quest much. The only real "challenge" I'm seeing out of this so far is the fact that you aren't able to use your sword a lot, and that a lot of the rooms are so cluttered up that you can barely move to avoid taking damage. I've played funner mini-games in quests as well, I was right IN the doorway in the second room of the timed mini-game, just about to get to the next room, and he warped me and said time was up. So that was annoying, rather than fun. Another thing I don't like about this is the music. The remixes of all these songs are very... different. The overworld music hardly sounds like the Zelda 2 overworld, because of all the off-key and missing notes. Though you're probably right Ouch!, this might be the hardest quest out there. At least, the hardest to stay alive in.

gekos
04-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok, got through the House of Link

OUCH!
04-09-2005, 12:01 AM
>SoStaci
If you have two keys,it is easy to get it. :eat:

>Rakki
Thank you for an irrelevant opinion. :kiss:

bigjoe
04-09-2005, 12:27 AM
I like how you use the "Enter From Sides" Enemy Pattern to de-sync the red wizzrobes...

SoStaci
04-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Thank you for your late hint...i figured it out myself :-!

Now, how the hell do I beat level 1 without touching the red bubble?

OUCH!
04-09-2005, 01:25 AM
>BigJoe
Thank you.
The room with the wood sword is my favorite.

>SoStaci
There is a Blue bubble somewherer.
Avoid the enemy with a boomerang and touch it.

Nameless
04-09-2005, 01:34 AM
I like how you use the "Enter From Sides" Enemy Pattern to de-sync the red wizzrobes...
Hmm...,but Nightmare already did it in James Quest. :D

SoStaci
04-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Since this quest is relatively new, we'll see who can complete this challenging quest first.

UPDATE:Now completed House Of Link, currently with several bombs, 75+ rupies, boomerang, magic shield, wood sword and red potion. Now looking for Level 2...took me 108 tries to beat l1 though

SoStaci
04-09-2005, 07:53 PM
where's Level 2 and what's it's name? Is Armos Temple Level 2? If so, 'lord help me'

Rakki
04-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Hmm, re-reading what I said before, I think I come off as kind of a jerk. Sorry about that. I hope you see my comments as meaningless, though, not just irrelevant(although they are kind of relevant since they talk about the quest, lol), since other people's opinions shouldn't matter to YOU, the quest author, whether they're bad or good opinions. I do like some of the things you used though, like not just GIVING the sword to the player at the start of the quest, and the de-synced Wizzrobes, which was something I haven't seen in any other quest before. I guess the main thing I don't like is simply how little I've progressed in this quest. I get deterred quickly when I don't get anywhere quickly, lol. I am trying to find the Blue Bubble in Link's House though, and I'm trying to save up to BUY a key to use SOMEWHERE in the rooms beyond the Red Bubble. SoStaci, since you've been past there, maybe you can tell me, is there a key I CAN get somewhere up there, without the sword, or do I NEED to buy one? If there is one I can get up there though, don't tell me where, lol.

OUCH!
04-09-2005, 10:39 PM
>SoStaci
OK,I will tell you some advice.
If you need bow and arrow,go to Armos temple.
If you need white sword and lantern,go to gamble dungeon.

If you feel too hard, you should buy keys at shop.

>Rakki
Sorry,Your English is very long and difficult.
So I can't understand it. :(

Rakki
04-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Ahh, that's okay, I was just saying sorry for sounding rude the other day. I finally got through Link's House, I found the way into the room with the Dodongos and the Blue Wizzrobes(with my sword useable). It took me quite a few tries to kill the stupid dragon though... I finally managed to do it by hiding in the doorway and popping out for a second when the traps were heading back to shoot him in the head. Now I'm trying to beat somewhere else, like the Armos Castle.

By the way, are you working on any more quests, Ouch?

SoStaci
04-10-2005, 12:00 AM
>SoStaci
OK,I will tell you some advice.
If you need bow and arrow,go to Armos temple.
If you need white sword and lantern,go to gamble dungeon.

If you feel too hard, you should buy keys at shop.

>Rakki
Sorry,Your English is very long and difficult.
So I can't understand it. :(

Answer me this then, what's the path I have to take to get the bow? I think i'm forced to beat all 6 pols voices while dealing with the zoras and armos. There's no other way for me to go, but to battle those pols.

Nameless
04-10-2005, 12:33 AM
Hmm...

Armos Temple-very difficult :eyebrow:
Gamble Dungeon-very difficult :eyebrow:
Ice Palace-so dfficult :shakeno:
Catsle of Ganon-so difficult :shakeno:
B-Button Pyramid--too difficult :shakeno:
Forest Restaurant-too difficult :shakeno:
Robber Mansion-too difficult !! :whap:

>SoStaci
If you cann't get keys,you should buy keys. But that isn't a shame,and that is a strategy.

dagon
04-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Answer me this then, what's the path I have to take to get the bow? I think i'm forced to beat all 6 pols voices while dealing with the zoras and armos. There's no other way for me to go, but to battle those pols.

I'm pretty sure the path you need to take to the bow involves killing the two headed dragon. Go to the room above the room he's in and bomb the bottom wall to get at him away from the bubbles. Good luck.

OUCH!
04-10-2005, 01:40 AM
>Rakki
OK,It has been understood that you had a hard time in my first dungeon. :whap:
But in my quest,house of link is nothing but warming-up! :evil:

>By the way, are you working on any more quests, Ouch?
No,This is the only quest for me. :shakeno:
I did my best to make this quest,and there are all ideas that I consider. :hourglas:

OUCH!
04-10-2005, 01:54 AM
There is a difference of the difficulty in my dungeon. :banghead:
But clear level isn't exist. :shocking:
Please challenge as you like. :moo:

SoStaci
04-10-2005, 02:15 AM
I'm pretty sure the path you need to take to the bow involves killing the two headed dragon. Go to the room above the room he's in and bomb the bottom wall to get at him away from the bubbles. Good luck.

I have to do like 32 total hits to the dragon then....oh god, this is challenging!

If the statues weren't there, this'd be cakewalk

dagon
04-10-2005, 04:51 AM
I have to do like 32 total hits to the dragon then....oh god, this is challenging!

If the statues weren't there, this'd be cakewalk

And the dragon is the easy part.

SoStaci
04-10-2005, 01:18 PM
OK, now i make my move

36 rupies
0 keys/0 bombs(8 max)
White sword
Magic shield
magic boomerang
blue candle
raft
1 triforce piece
arrow
4 measley hearts

after 199 defeats....

gekos
04-10-2005, 01:45 PM
I got the triforce in L2 - can't find the the way to the bow yet

dagon
04-10-2005, 01:54 PM
You need bombs to kill the dragon not just because you have to bomb the wall above him but also because you need to kill a bat wizard to get to him. The path is to go up from where you start two rooms until you're in the room with the blobs and bats. Go left until you're in the room with four of those bats that are difficult to kill, go up from that room and kill the bat wizard, i think it's the next room that you bomb the bottom wall but watch your map and check to see when you're above the room with the dragon. Once you've killed him you have to go back on the other side of the water that's blocking the room and go through the door that opens. You'll need at least one key and you'll be better off with two.

gekos
04-10-2005, 02:05 PM
I've gotten as far as the dragon. I didn't know you can kill the dragon with bombs. How many will it take?

Rakki
04-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Uhh, dagon, directly left of the room with the Vire and Gel Tribbles is the room with the Gohma and the Map, which you NEED the bow for. Has anybody else been in the room with the statues and the 6 Dodongos? I'm trying to get through there currently...

It's a little disappointing to hear you aren't working on any other quests, Ouch. I like ideas you used in this quest, and I hoped to see another quest from you that was hopefully a little easier than this, lol.

dagon
04-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Sorry, didn't mean you use bombs to kill the dragon, just that you need bombs to get to him.

You need to keep going left through the room with the gohma.

gekos
04-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Yup - got that far. Bombed the wall behind the dragon. Now what wooden sword against the dragon? Seems impossible

dagon
04-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Just make sure you have a couple of potions and your full hearts. Wait until you get to the manhandla and you can't use your B items.

gekos
04-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Actually this game is not as hard as it is frustating. We are expected to fight L7,8,9 enemies with a wooden sword and the rooms are overloaded with them. When you get killed and start over - you REALLY start over with all the enemies again in their rooms, however you are now weaked with lack of bombs and money. Frustrating!

A great game is one which has innovative challenges and puzzles. A great game will stimulate your mind to understand what the designer was creating and what new tricks he/she have created up their sleeves. You find an appreciation for such quests and their designers.

Having to go through a dungeon over and over again battlling overwhelming odds just to get to a room where you get wiped out in 2 secs is not very challanging, nor is it fun. After about 100 tries, it gets tiring and boring and Frustrating!

The sad part about this game is that it is really very good. The layout,
colors, concept. Looks and plays crisply. What's sad is that for many of us, we will never know what L3 or L4 or the rest of the game looks like.

Why? Because it takes 30+ times just to get the wooden sword. And-
we are told it only gets harder!

Sort of self defeating for Ouch!

Sorry, guess I'm on Ouch!'s irrelevant opinion list

>Rakki
Thank you for an irrelevant opinion

dagon
04-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Yeah, i've lost interest after killing a blue knight in a very small space with zora's shooting at you from all around just to go to the next room to find a manhandla and not even able to use bombs to kill it or potions since you can't use the B items. All just to get the bow. I'll probably play it here or there but it's not a game to really capture my interest since all that keeps going through my mind is i'm never even going to get the blue ring.

SoStaci
04-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Hey, I've played 200 tries...but I finally got the bow. Now I just have to worry about the blue gohma, but the statues give me lousy positioning...though I did have the white sword when I did this. Ouch, what's the best way to beat this gohma while dealing with the armos?

Rakki
04-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Bad news, dagon, there ISN'T a Blue Ring in this. If you pay the one guy to tell you some information, just north-east of the start screen, he says there's no clothes that reduce damage in this quest.

SoStaci
04-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Now that's just nuts...as if it couldn't get any more difficult...

I'm almost 9 hours into this game, and still only 4 hearts.

dagon
04-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Won't that be fun when you start running into darknuts. No rings, and you won't have any way to stun them since you won't be getting the hookshot or the hammer for that matter.

Love For Fire
04-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Sostaci, did you try going to Kakariko Village? With a sword, you can play some running game in which you win a Heart Container. (There is another game requiring the bow and arrow, but i don't have them yet.) I'm stuck in Link's House trying to fight the 2 Manhandlas. Is there a way around this? I guess patience is key since you guys have hundreds of deaths and I only have 7 so far.

I have realized this game allows you to go almost everywhere and tackle the dungeons as you wish (I've vistied Levels 2-6 without completeing 1 yet). I know there are no rings, but does anyone know where I can get a White/Magic Sword or a Wand?

Rakki
04-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Gamble Dungeon has the White Sword, the B-Button Pyramid has the Wand, though I wouldn't try taking that one on till I have the Bow. As for the two Manhandlas, I hid in the doorway and used bombs, lol. Works pretty well.

bigboylink
04-10-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm sure quite a few of you know this, but the darknuts are managable if you attack them perpendicularly (i.e. if a darknut is approaching Link from the east, have Link line up in the same horizontal row but facing north or south, then stab when the darknut is "on" you; he will take damage, and you will go through him unharmed). Sorry if it's old news; just throwing it out as a suggestion.

Here's my progress so far: My death count currently stands at 76. The boss of the Gambling Dungeon is just too much to bear. With a red potion, I can usually eliminate 6 or 7 of the children, but I am getting hit too often and too hard to stand any reasonable chance of success. I have 5 hearts, the white sword, 16 bombs, blue boomerang, red candle, bow and arrow, and 2 triforce pieces. I'm going to try beating that mini-game in Kakariko (anyone have any suggestions?), as having an extra heart container will be a HUGE help. As for continuing the dungeons, my options seem very limited. I'm going to try the Ice Palace, but I've already attempted fighting the 3 red Manhandlas without bombs (damn bubbles).

SoStaci, my strategy for tackling the Blue Gohma is to be very aggressive releasing the Armos. Make contact with the 3 on the top left corner of the group of Armos, and dispatch them with a single bomb. This has to be done quickly, and you might have to take a hit from the Gohma beam. Or you could try releasing them one by one and freezing thm with a boomerang. I became rather impatient pursuing that conservative strategy. Basically, I eliminated the 8 leftmost Armos, and just waited for the crab to come my way. Dodging the beam isn't too difficult; you just want to keep moving, and make him aim at where you won't be standing. Make sure you try and hit him twice with the arrow during one "eye-opening"...I imagine it's possible to hit him three times in succession, but you'd have to be lucky. This is managable with only a blue potion. Good luck...

SoStaci
04-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Ok Ouch, next time you make a quest....don't make it nearly impossible to beat. :-!

256 deaths now, nothing has changed 'cept for the glove.

SoStaci
04-10-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm sure quite a few of you know this, but the darknuts are managable if you attack them perpendicularly (i.e. if a darknut is approaching Link from the east, have Link line up in the same horizontal row but facing north or south, then stab when the darknut is "on" you; he will take damage, and you will go through him unharmed). Sorry if it's old news; just throwing it out as a suggestion.

Here's my progress so far: My death count currently stands at 76. The boss of the Gambling Dungeon is just too much to bear. With a red potion, I can usually eliminate 6 or 7 of the children, but I am getting hit too often and too hard to stand any reasonable chance of success. I have 5 hearts, the white sword, 16 bombs, blue boomerang, red candle, bow and arrow, and 2 triforce pieces. I'm going to try beating that mini-game in Kakariko (anyone have any suggestions?), as having an extra heart container will be a HUGE help. As for continuing the dungeons, my options seem very limited. I'm going to try the Ice Palace, but I've already attempted fighting the 3 red Manhandlas without bombs (damn bubbles).

SoStaci, my strategy for tackling the Blue Gohma is to be very aggressive releasing the Armos. Make contact with the 3 on the top left corner of the group of Armos, and dispatch them with a single bomb. This has to be done quickly, and you might have to take a hit from the Gohma beam. Or you could try releasing them one by one and freezing thm with a boomerang. I became rather impatient pursuing that conservative strategy. Basically, I eliminated the 8 leftmost Armos, and just waited for the crab to come my way. Dodging the beam isn't too difficult; you just want to keep moving, and make him aim at where you won't be standing. Make sure you try and hit him twice with the arrow during one "eye-opening"...I imagine it's possible to hit him three times in succession, but you'd have to be lucky. This is managable with only a blue potion. Good luck...

Oh i'm so stupid....i thought of that before but didn't make use of it. Thanks a million.

Btw, in the boomerang mini-game, it won't let me fire it southwest. Is this a glitch?

bigboylink
04-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Whoa, where's the boomerang mini-game? I got the heart container from Kakariko, but could definately use another.

SoStaci
04-10-2005, 10:15 PM
You need the glove for that. To find it would be a very difficult task. From your starting position, go in this direction *if i mess up, sorry*

Go west till you can't go further, go up into the kokiri forest until you reach 2 logs with entrances. Turn right there to the next screen and go up till you reach a wall and go as far as right as you can until you see a ladder. Go up to Death Mountain and go west to the screen just east of LEVEL MAX DUNGEON, then go down the ladder and bomb the left wall in the next screen.

Make it simple, southeast of the last level.

OUCH!
04-11-2005, 03:18 AM
I am glad for a lot of people to challenge my quest. :rofl:

This is my advice. :thumbsup:

・The sword beem is important to defeat the Manhandla who is defending the bow in the Armos temple. :mad2:

・The Boomerang mini-game seem to be impossible to clear. :shrug:
But I promise you to be able to clear it. :think:

Nameless
04-11-2005, 10:33 AM
I supposed each Dangeon's Lv a short time ago, but I "only" supposed them... :(
And Ouch! says this quest hasn't concept of levels. :) (But I think it is only "his words"...) :shrug:
I already beat this quest, and I remember each dangeon surely have useful items !! :kawaii:
If you buy many keys, you can get some useful items easily !!! :bouncy:

dagon
04-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Can anyone help me out with the bomb upgrade locations? Are they in the dungeons?

SoStaci
04-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Above the blue gohma room in Armos Temple.

All I know for that.

SoStaci
04-11-2005, 06:38 PM
bigboylink, your aggressive strategy worked. I got the blue gohma sidetracked because he didn't know where to aim at. I was very close to hitting the armos from behind, but I snuck up and whacked the gohma like Tony Soprano whacks an idiot.

Anyway, i was careful with my arrow shots and bulls-eye! I used both potions though, but it was worth it.

The triforce in Armos Temple is rather easy to figure out though, if you can figure things out well though.

SoStaci
04-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Aww nuts....how am i supposed to get the 999-wallet using the sword, without getting hit by those red bubbles? How am i supposed to beat Gamble Dungeon's Patra, the Super Darknut, and the 4 corner darknuts?

Geez Ouch, you made this nearly impossible to beat! Hopefully, you'll make your next one easier!

bigboylink
04-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Yea, the Patra in Level 3 is definately my breaking point. I hope I can get more powerful somehow (seems very unlikely) and challenge it later. Though I imagine the next bosses are going to be ridiculous. Hahaha, even if I don't get far, I'd like to know what the bosses are (nobody spoil it yet please). If I have to take on a death knight with the white sword, I will definately quit (and I'm sure that room will also have spikes, bubbles, statues, etc, hey maybe even a hole to fall to the floor below so you'd have to restart...haven't seen that yet!)

Has anyone made any significant progress in the Ice Palace? I began the level with 4 keys (all of my spare money is going toward keys), and I've used them all simply following the path east of the entrance. It becomes another (harder) House of Link style path where you cannot use your B-button or A-button. I have some slim hope that there's an item (the letter would be nice, as I can think of a few places to use it) to the west of the room with spikes and the 6 or so digdogger children. I cannot get past this room, though I imagine I can make it given a little luck.

SoStaci, you seem to be progressing at my pace (though I managed to snag that wallet!)...how have you been with the Ice Palace and Ganon's Castle?

All pessimism and frustration aside, this truly has been a very fun quest. The level design is brilliant, absolutely amazing. It's a shame so many good ideas are ones that make the quest difficult, but there's a nice style to it. By level 3, you have access to the bow and arrow and 16 bombs. So you're not really defenseless. You don't even have those capacities in Nintendo's second quest at that point! Being able to access the other dungeons is a nice tease, and I like how some dungeons have the items that can be won displayed close to the entrance. All negatives aside, this is a superb quest. Well done, OUCH!

dagon
04-11-2005, 10:37 PM
You just have to be supremely patient when it comes to getting the moneybag. I found the red candle helpful in that last room before the moneybag.

SoStaci
04-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Yea, the Patra in Level 3 is definately my breaking point. I hope I can get more powerful somehow (seems very unlikely) and challenge it later. Though I imagine the next bosses are going to be ridiculous. Hahaha, even if I don't get far, I'd like to know what the bosses are (nobody spoil it yet please). If I have to take on a death knight with the white sword, I will definately quit (and I'm sure that room will also have spikes, bubbles, statues, etc, hey maybe even a hole to fall to the floor below so you'd have to restart...haven't seen that yet!)

Has anyone made any significant progress in the Ice Palace? I began the level with 4 keys (all of my spare money is going toward keys), and I've used them all simply following the path east of the entrance. It becomes another (harder) House of Link style path where you cannot use your B-button or A-button. I have some slim hope that there's an item (the letter would be nice, as I can think of a few places to use it) to the west of the room with spikes and the 6 or so digdogger children. I cannot get past this room, though I imagine I can make it given a little luck.

SoStaci, you seem to be progressing at my pace (though I managed to snag that wallet!)...how have you been with the Ice Palace and Ganon's Castle?

Just call me Mike, I made my s/n because I like Stacie Orrico...but that's another story.

As for the ice palace, I got the compass and beat the 2 manhandla 2's in a room to get it. I also cleared most of the keyway path to the east, but those evil bubbles >_<.

Nowhere in the Ganon's Castle though.

As far as i'm concerned, this will probably how it will end up. This is my prediction of bosses coming up so don't be mad.

L4:8 lanmolas or Super Knight
L5:Death Knight
L6:Gohma 3 or 8 dodongos
L7:2 Manhandla 2s, 2 manhandlas
L8:Patra 2
L9:Ganon w/other bosses

SoStaci
04-11-2005, 10:39 PM
oh and btw, how are we on same pace if i died 279 times?

?

sctmorgan
04-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Can someone tell me where the ladder is? Please mention the dungeon.

bigboylink
04-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Mike, you bring up some interesting predictions. And by same pace, I meant place in the game. My death count is 87, but there have been a few continue/quit combos. Here are my predictions for bosses:

4 (Ice Palace) On ice, some combination of gohmas, dodongos, and digdoggers (I think you’re supposed to get the flute in this palace)
5 (Ganon’s Cstle) Ganon
6 (Forest Restaurant - I wonder what this "restaurant" should be translated/interpreted to mean) I’m holding out for a custom boss…Dark Link, as that would nicely complement the great-palace background music. But for a serious guess, how about 4 Super Darknuts.
7 (B-Button Pyramid) Either an 8 headed gleeok or Double Patra…these bosses can both be defeated with the wand
8 (Robber Mansion) 2 Death Knights(robbers), with invincible ghosts flying about the room
9 (Level Max) Fire Gleeok, with various obstacles

Here’s my explanation for Level 5…it’s ganon's castle, and there’s that super gohma in the beginning that requires the silver arrows…though you probably get the silver arrows later…I did happen to accidentally find out where the gold arrow is, unless of course that’s the silver arrow colored yellow. My prediction is that the game will finish in his castle, but you’ll need an item from the boss of Level Max to make your final progress into Ganon’s Castle. Maybe some other dungeon like Ganon’s Tower. Perhaps this is why OUCH is being evasive about proper level assignment (or I'm thinking too much). As for where the Level 5 triforce would be, has anyone explored the 4 corners of the map yet? I’m curious to see what’s there, and behind the forest maze. Maybe another gang of robbers has another mansion elsewhere. <Shudders>

edit: sctmorgan, i seem to remember Nameless posting that the ladder isn't available until the Robber Mansion. I would think it would not be available early and easily, as it can grant you an easy heart container in Kakariko if you haven't beaten the mini-game by that point.

SoStaci
04-12-2005, 12:52 AM
whatever the case...OUCH! obviously pulled no punches making a challenging quest.

Nameless
04-12-2005, 02:22 AM
Ouch! said you(me Nameless) supposed each Dungeon's Lv, but those aren't wrong. :whap:

If you can't beat Patra in Gamble Dungeon, you should go to other dungeons. :(

I beat Ganon's Catsle's boss before I got cross. But Ganon's Catsle's enemy were very strong,and I couldn't get cross. :( So I went to B-Button Pyramid, and I got two very useful items. ;) Fortunately, I beat B-Button Pyramid's bosses, and got heart a container. I went back to Ganon's Catsle,and got cross. :D

OUCH!
04-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Thank you everyone. :fempimp:
I am sure that my quest is not only difficult but also interesting. :kawaii:
Please suffer :bomb: and enjoy it. :love:

dagon
04-12-2005, 12:53 PM

All pessimism and frustration aside, this truly has been a very fun quest. The level design is brilliant, absolutely amazing. It's a shame so many good ideas are ones that make the quest difficult, but there's a nice style to it. By level 3, you have access to the bow and arrow and 16 bombs. So you're not really defenseless. You don't even have those capacities in Nintendo's second quest at that point! Being able to access the other dungeons is a nice tease, and I like how some dungeons have the items that can be won displayed close to the entrance. All negatives aside, this is a superb quest. Well done, OUCH!

That's exactly what it's like. The room after the digdogger children is full of red wizards. The meat is in the upper left corner, ice on both sides of the room though the middle is clear and you have to weave your way through blocks. I made the mistake of trying to catch my breath in the upper open door, bad mistake, the wizards are out of sync enough so that they're continously firing at you.

You're going to have to make the same trip in reverse to get the letter. When you make your way back to the room where you kill the blue spider, go left one more room to where the bubbles that steal your sword are and bomb the bottom wall before going to get the letter, you won't have to make another lap that way. All you'll have to do is have a key and you can go right from the entrance through the bubble rooms and down through the bomb hole. There are two bubbles there to give you back your sword and B items but you'll need that key to unlock them.

Love For Fire
04-12-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm far behind you guys, but I finally finished Level 1.

A question for Ouch!, is it necessary to buy keys, or can you find them all?

I know Level 2 is Armos Palace, but is that the one I should tackle next? Or should I try getting the White Sword from Level 3?

SoStaci
04-12-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm far behind you guys, but I finally finished Level 1.

A question for Ouch!, is it necessary to buy keys, or can you find them all?

I know Level 2 is Armos Palace, but is that the one I should tackle next? Or should I try getting the White Sword from Level 3?

I'll answer that. It is probably neccessary to buy keys, but you can find 3 shops with them in stock.

As for the white sword, you'll need a LOT of keys(5 to be exact, maybe 6). And to top it off, you need to do the gambling thing 5 times...and you need at least 100 rupies left over to get the white sword.

dagon
04-12-2005, 04:02 PM
Ran into a death night in one of the first rooms in the forest dungeon. I'm done for the day. I gather it's called the restaurant because you'll have to keep feeding the goriya the meat to work your way up through the rooms and if you're buying the meat it's 256 rupees a pop.

OUCH!
04-12-2005, 10:00 PM
>A question for Ouch!, is it necessary to buy keys, or can you find them all?
If the key is saved by my quest, ten keys or more remain. However, it is not realistic because it is too difficult.

>should I try getting the White Sword from Level 3?
If you have the white sword, Armos temple will become easier though it is possible to clear without it.

All the judgments have been entrusted by you!

SoStaci
04-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Can I clear level 4 before level 3?
Where is the letter?
Where is the ladder?
Where is the food?
Where is the magical sword?

How do I beat the running mini-game? I went so fast, yet i missed by 1 barrel.

dagon
04-13-2005, 02:23 AM
I still haven't killed the boss in 3 but i've gotten the letter and the whistle out of 4. You have to follow the path to the right from the entrance of 4 past the bubbles, past the spider, past the traps, through the room with the difficult bats, up and left through the room full of spikes and digdogger children into a room full of those red wizards that are out of sync. Don't stop in the doorways because they will start firing continously at you so you can't get back out again. The meat is in the upper left hand corner of that room.

Once you have the meat you have to go up to the room where the goriya wants it That opens the door to the room full of red wizards and you have to take the same path in reverse, though you will have to go through the two other rooms with the snakes and boulders this time. You'll kill the blue spider and the letter will be in the room above him. You're going to have to go one more room left where the red bubbles are that take your sword and bomb the bottom wall for the path to the whistle. Might want to do that before going up to get the letter, you get locked in the room with the letter i think and would have to take the same path around again to place that bomb. Once that bottom wall is bombed and you have a key you can go straigh to the right through the bubbles, there'll be two blue bubbles to get your items back that you can unlock in the room you'll get to through the bomb hole.

I got the letter and the whistle with six hearts, i'm failing miserably when it comes to bow and arrow game and the boomerang game, the room of red wizards isn't actually that bad, i got through it on my third try of actually being in that room though i only had a half a heart by the time i grabbed the meat. Don't know about the ladder or the magic sword, though there is an info guy in Ganon's Castle that tells you Ganon has the magic sword.

dagon
04-13-2005, 02:26 AM
I don't know if by running game you mean the first game you can get into there in the village but if it is all i can say is in that second room where you have to push the blocks, when you come to the last block to push out of your way, push it straight ahead so you can come up right underneath the two pots that are directly blocking the door. Slash all the pots two at a time from beneath before running around the water, it's the only way i made it anyway.

dagon
04-13-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm dying for the second bomb increase, you have to kill a roomfull of red and blue knights in B button pyramid without the sword only to go on to find a room blanketed in traps moving continously and full of digdogger children to get that wand.

HA. Hell of a place to put the bomb increase, i had to buy the blue candle even though i already have the red. Worth it though.

SoStaci
04-13-2005, 02:21 PM
i don't have the slash ability....

dagon
04-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Sorry, i always forget that term is used for something specific in zelda, i don't have it either. I meant to line yourself up between the middle of two pots at a time and break them from beneath.

OUCH!
04-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Has nobody obtained the magic sword yet? :confuse2:

>i don't have the slash ability....
The slash doesn't exist in my quest. :mad:
Because I hate it. :angry:
Stabbing sword is the most excellent attack method in Zelda !

dagon
04-15-2005, 02:42 PM
It's taken me exactly 200 deaths but i've finally gotten the wand and the fire boomerang. If anyone's interested, the fire boomerang is in the forest restaurant once you have the letter. It'll take you four meats, a key and a little luck getting past the bubbles that take your B item but i wish i had known about it before getting the wand, would have made it much easier.

OUCH!
04-15-2005, 09:39 PM
>dagon
Were you able to get the fire boomerang with only four meats?
I will have made this dungeon so that eight meats were necessary to get it.

Did you pass without touching ten red item bubbles?
If it is so, I must fix there.

dagon
04-16-2005, 12:56 AM
Yes, straigh up four rooms to the room with the blue wizards and then left. I got past the bubbles by hitting myself with the candle so i'd be flashing while i ran past them and they couldn't touch me.

OUCH!
04-16-2005, 05:46 AM
Hmmm...
Your action is outside my assumption. :scared:
I'm going to fix it at once.
Thank you for the valuable information.

bigboylink
04-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Quick, everyone download the current version of the quest before the harder one is released!

SoStaci
04-16-2005, 02:40 PM
you got to be kidding me. a harder version?

IT'S HARD ENOUGH! :-!

OUCH!
04-16-2005, 09:33 PM
New Armageddon Quest's thread is here.
http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=85185

boram_c
04-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Hello everyone!
Do you enjoy my quest?
Have you even played and beaten your own quest yet? If you never intended for this quest to be completed, you are not going to score big on the ratings.

SoStaci
04-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Have you even played and beaten your own quest yet? If you never intended for this quest to be completed, you are not going to score big on the ratings.

I think someone said they beat this quest...obviously it ain't me. I've played 327 times, still with only 5 hears, white sword, magical shield, top 4 'b' items and others.

dagon
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
I've finished House of Link, Armos Temple, Gamble Dungeon, Ice Palace, B-Button Pyramid, and Forest Restaurant. I've just about finished Castle of Ganon, i have a few rooms left but i've gotten the cross, and the magic sword. It's hard as hell but i'm playing it on a keyboard and am likely nowhere near the best when it comes to dodging around enemies so if i've gotten this far i'd have to say it's finishable by better players.

SoStaci
04-18-2005, 08:56 PM
can you tell me where the ladder and magic sword are? I've looked everywhere and still stuck.

dagon
04-18-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure the ladder is in Robber's Mansion. You're going to want the cross before that though. The magic sword is in Ganon's Castle. The key you see there at the entrance is the key to open the door to Ganon, you have to kill Ganon in a room full of the red bubbles that take your B item with one blue bubble and you get the sword when you beat him. Ganon and the bubbles are also invisible unless you have the cross.

SoStaci
04-18-2005, 09:16 PM
at this point i might have to go there. The patra is kicking my butt, but only due to the spikes, that's it.

dagon
04-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Might want to keep doing the games until you beat them. If you can finish the bow and arrow game and the running game that'll give you two more hearts. That should help get you to the meat which gets you the letter and the whistle. Once you get the whistle you'll get another heart container outside.

Have you gotten the second bomb increase? If you haven't it's in the gamble dungeon above the shop where you buy the second sword. It's 50 for the bomb increase and you'll have to buy the blue candle so you can walk up through the wall but it'll help a lot.

SoStaci
04-18-2005, 11:13 PM
i knew something was fishy bout that pass.

Can you tell me how to throw my boomerang southwest? :-! It won't let me.

dagon
04-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Is that a problem you're having with just this game alone? I had to switch keyboards on the computer i use to play zelda because it wouldn't throw the boomerang up and to the left for some reason.

SoStaci
04-19-2005, 12:43 AM
oh, it just came to me...

i have a wireless keyboard so it may not be registering my command....

*thinks of putting board on lap and throwing it

SoStaci
04-19-2005, 02:48 AM
someone get me an inhaler

I finally beat the running mini-game, now I have 6 crucial hearts.

Question, if you beat the same mini-game, what happens?

Also, in the Ice dungeon with the room of those bats, what is right of that path?

OUCH!
04-19-2005, 07:59 AM
>dagon
You are cool! :rofl:

>Have you even played and beaten your own quest yet?
Of course,I beat my quest.
I will have made the quest that was able to be cleared.
Please do your best. :mad:

>Question, if you beat the same mini-game, what happens?
The reward of all the mini-games is heart container. :heart:

SoStaci
04-19-2005, 10:17 AM
so if I beat the running game again, i get another heart container?

dagon
04-19-2005, 10:33 AM
someone get me an inhaler

I finally beat the running mini-game, now I have 6 crucial hearts.

Question, if you beat the same mini-game, what happens?

Also, in the Ice dungeon with the room of those bats, what is right of that path?

To the right of that room is a room with boulders falling down, the room above that has snakes in it. You don't have to do those rooms to get the meat so don't do them. Though you will have to go through them when you're making the trip in reverse to get the letter because of closed doors and such.

SoStaci
04-19-2005, 11:03 AM
i think i need another heart container to complete this side road since those pesky digdoggers are too fast! If that room wasn't trapped, i'd not have this problem :-!

dagon
04-19-2005, 12:01 PM
I did it with 6 hearts but another one would have been very helpful, i didn't beat the bow and arrow game until after i did this level. Only way i made it through there is by just running straigh up into the room and getting as far as possible before they start moving at full speed without worrying about my hearts, unless you have more than four hearts by the next room the red wizards would kill you with one shot anyways.

Verbatim
04-19-2005, 08:26 PM
I can answer your boomarang-not-throwing question...

It has to do with the fact that keyboards can't recognize all the different combinations of keys that you could press at once (they don't have one circuit per key, instead they use a maze of circuits that lets them know any two and a number of combinations of three or four keys that are pressed at a time)...so, for example, if your B-button is the "Z" key, some keyboards will be able to recognize up + left + Z, but not up + right + z, because once you are pressing up + right, pressing Z doesn't change anything about how the electricity flows through the maze...so the Z key becomes invisible.

The good news is that it's usually fairly easy to fix. It's pretty common to have problems if you use rarely-typed keys, like Z....because they are considered less important, and are more likely to fall in your keyboard's blind spot. If you switch your A and B buttons to A and S or S and D, you're likely to have fewer problems with the diagonals. Keep trying till you find one that works, and is comfortable, most keyboards give you a few choices.

Every keyboard I've ever used is a little different about what works, some are a little better than others...but so far I've found something that works on each one.

SoStaci
04-19-2005, 08:48 PM
I can answer your boomarang-not-throwing question...

It has to do with the fact that keyboards can't recognize all the different combinations of keys that you could press at once (they don't have one circuit per key, instead they use a maze of circuits that lets them know any two and a number of combinations of three or four keys that are pressed at a time)...so, for example, if your B-button is the "Z" key, some keyboards will be able to recognize up + left + Z, but not up + right + z, because once you are pressing up + right, pressing Z doesn't change anything about how the electricity flows through the maze...so the Z key becomes invisible.

The good news is that it's usually fairly easy to fix. It's pretty common to have problems if you use rarely-typed keys, like Z....because they are considered less important, and are more likely to fall in your keyboard's blind spot. If you switch your A and B buttons to A and S or S and D, you're likely to have fewer problems with the diagonals. Keep trying till you find one that works, and is comfortable, most keyboards give you a few choices.

Every keyboard I've ever used is a little different about what works, some are a little better than others...but so far I've found something that works on each one.

I have
A=A
B=S
Throwing problem=Downleft

I got it now

dagon
04-20-2005, 04:33 PM
Damn, i finally got the ladder but i must be going crazy because i came out of it a heart container less even though i could swear i chose the money for both of those last robbers. At least i was able to buy another heart container to replace it to the tune of 999 rupees.

SoStaci
04-20-2005, 04:54 PM
I still can't get past 2 triforce pieces....I suck!

dagon
04-20-2005, 05:28 PM
I found that path to get that first meat and the path to get the wand the hardest in the most frustrating way so far. When it comes to getting the meat once i got past the room with the traps with at least 4 hearts i'd just hope for luck and run directly out into the rooms with the super bats and the digdogger children and get as far as possible before they got up to full speed. The last room with the red wizards really isn't that bad as long as you keep moving, there's more then there were to get the first sword but you have more room to dodge around too.

You get that meat and that gets you the letter and the whistle. You get the free heart container with the whistle and beat the bow and arrow game and that gives you plenty of hearts to kill that patra in the gamble dungeon, then that heart will give you plenty to kill the digdoggers and the red super spider in the ice palace.

Verbatim
04-21-2005, 03:26 AM
I have
A=A
B=S
Throwing problem=Downleft

I got it now
...I take it that means you found a combination of keys that lets you throw all the diagonals? If so, glad I could help!

....if not, keep trying different keys for your B button until you find one that does work. As a last resort, [shift], [ctrl], and [alt] work on all keyboards...though they are a bit awkward.

dagon
04-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Ouch, in the last robber room before you get the ladder you switched the heart and the rupee symbols didn't you so when i thought i was paying the money i was actually losing a heart container? I should have known better than to think i'd be only paying one rupee to get the ladder.

OUCH!
04-22-2005, 03:18 AM
>dagon
Yes!
You made a mistake in the last selection and lost a valuable heart container :cry: .

dagon
04-22-2005, 03:16 PM
I couldn't believe the last level was that easy after everything else. I liked the final boss though, very cool looking.

SoStaci
04-22-2005, 04:09 PM
I have 7 hearts now, but still can't do it....grrr

Ouch, you really outdid yourself this time. lol

gekos
04-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know where lever 4 is?

dagon
04-24-2005, 08:05 PM
The ice palace? It's up to the top right of the overworld, a whirlpool out in the water with lilly pads leading to it.

bigboylink
04-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Hey everyone...I see there's been a second thread added for this quest, unfortunately it looks like that one turned out to be more of an opportunity to criticize this awesome quest.

Anyway, I'm experiencing difficulty in 2 different places in the Forest Restaurant, so I just want to throw these out for discussion. First, I've been able to feed 6 of the Goiaras (only bought meat 3 times), and now I see the whole structure of the dungeon. I have 2 more Goiaras to feed, but I'm struggling to determine if it's worthwhile or not. Acquiring meat is not the problem...basically because money is not a problem. I've made it to the top of the dungeon for the bomb increase and started feeding the rest of the Goiaras from that point. To be more specific, there's a horizontal row on the map that has three hungry Goiaras in succession, and due to red bubble constraints, I must start from the left and move right to feed them. I have fed the rightmost Goiara, but there are TEN RED B-BUTTON BUBBLES in that room, and it's just too much to push the block and make it out unscathed.

So, dagon, or anyone else who can help, I realize how you can circumvent this by using the candle early on (in the room directly left of the boss, right?)...has anyone managed to go through the entire succession of Goiaras? And if it's all for the Red Boomerang, I don't really think I will need it....is that the reward for completing this?

Alright, sorry for the rant...my second area of difficulty is umm the boss. Seriously, come on, he can't be beat. Is the best approach to keep getting hit by bubbles so as to not take any real damage? I've tried doing that, and managed to get like 4 hits, but that was a result of a lot of luck. Do I just need to be lucky to beat this guy? *sigh*

I probably should have the L3 Sword before trying to tackle him, so I plan on working on Ganon's Castle when I get some more time to play this (currently limited to Tuesday and Wednesday nights). I have 10 hearts (2 on the top row), 20 bombs, and the first 4 triforce pieces. I've made it to the final room before the wand in the B-Button Pyramid, and I have a pretty good idea of how I will tackle that, so I'll give an update when I do that. So far, this quest has been an exercise in frustration (getting that first meat in the Ice Palace...WOW), but it has been a joy to play. Sorry not everyone else can enjoy this.

dagon
04-25-2005, 12:14 AM
The room with the fire boomerang is up one more room after the room with those red bubbles where you turn right for the boss, the next room up is a room with the goriya wanting the meat and six or so blue wizards. You have to give the goriya the meat, kill the wizards to open the door and the boomerang is to the left where you'll also need a key for one of those lock blocks.

I'm pretty sure i did all the goriyas at one point but i did a retry since a couple of them don't do anything but open doors like the one you are talking about with all the bubbles. I imagine they all aim toward getting the boomerang but i didn't really spend to much time doing them since i got away with going straight up through the first four rooms to get the boomerang by using the candle.

When it comes to that boss, i tried for quite a while trying to use the bubbles like that but it never worked for me, i don't think i would have gotten him without the fire boomerang to stun him and the bubbles, and even then i died about 50 times just to kill him. I found the fire boomerang very useful in the later dungeons and wish i had gotten it before getting the wand, it would have saved me some frustration in that freaking room with the bats and bubbles and the boulders falling down. How i hated that room.

Nameless
04-25-2005, 08:05 AM
I started second playing today. I got Lv.2 sword and Lv.1 boomerang, and I beat Link's House.

OUCH!
04-25-2005, 11:31 AM
>bigboylink
>I have fed the rightmost Goiara, but there are TEN RED B->BUTTON BUBBLES in that room,
>and it's just too much to push the block and make it out unscathed.
Two red bubbles :mad: have decreased in the newest version in my homepage.
So You can easily pass the room only a little.
Let's version up

>Nameless
Oh,it is good!
Will you challenge the limitation play?
For example,You can't use red potion. (blue potion is OK.)

Nameless
04-25-2005, 01:35 PM
>Nameless Oh,it is good!
Will you challenge the limitation play?
For example,You can't use red potion. (blue potion is OK.)
No, :tongue: my body is week..., :( so red potion is my best freind. ;) And I love Freedom...er...freedom to play. :) I already beat Armos Teple and Gamble Dungeon.

SoStaci
04-25-2005, 01:40 PM
No, :tongue: my body is week..., :( so red potion is my best freind. ;) And I love Freedom...er...freedom to play. :) I already beat Armos Teple and Gamble Dungeon.

I still can't beat Gamble Dungeon. Those spikes are the only problem

Nameless
04-25-2005, 11:16 PM
SoStaci:I'm not good player,and I couldn't avoid many spikes... First, I charged Patara kids,and killed many. After, I could kill the others with avoidance spikes. Without red potion, I couldn't beat them...

Love For Fire
04-27-2005, 07:38 PM
I finally got back to playing this quest after working on my own. I just completed the Armos Temple. I just want to check and make sure I have everything possible before heading into Level 3, because some of what I've seen beforehand was really hard.

I have... 7 Hearts, 12 Bombs, B-Rang, Bow and Arrow, Wood Sword, Red Potion, and 1 extra key from the bow and arrow mini-game. I entered Level 2 with 1 key, and left with none. Did I miss any or was there too many locks? I remember Ouch saying that there ARE enough keys without a need to buy any.

dagon
04-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Sounds about right, you could have the first bracelet too. It's up at the very top left of the overworld near the Max dungeon. With the bracelet you can play the boomerang game.

Love For Fire
04-28-2005, 08:33 AM
Damn! That patra was soooo hard! Now I'm stuck in the Ice Palace. I didn't get the Bracelet yet but I will now. I need a key that seems to be in a bunch of spikes.
How do I get the Raft and the Boots?

Nameless
04-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Love For Fire:You can buy the power glove and the Raft at secret shops.
If you would like to find them, you have to bomb the precipices. But the boots isn't exist in this quest...

Love For Fire
04-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey Ouch, how do you get past the spike puzzle in the Ice Palace? Nameless said there are no boots.

Nameless
04-29-2005, 10:59 AM
The spike's damage is 2 in the room, but the fireball's damage only 0.5...

OUCH!
04-29-2005, 11:19 AM
>Hey Ouch, how do you get past the spike puzzle in the Ice Palace?
Please use the fireball's damage. :angry:

Nameless
04-30-2005, 09:20 AM
I have 6 Triforce pieces. But B-Button Pyramid was very hard...

OUCH!
05-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Did you give up this quest?