PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes things just don't work out as you wish they would...

Prrkitty
04-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Paul and I had to give up (for now) on trying to buy a house. It's nice that our credit would allow us to purchase what it would, but; it's frustrating that we can't afford to make the payments on it.

So, we looked around and found an apartment complex across the street from where Paul works! His commute to work is gonna be such a horror... LOL!

Thank you all for your well wishes and thoughts along this process.
<hug>
Prry

theplustwo
04-05-2005, 03:34 PM
I think it would be really neat to have everything I need within walking distance. :)

After all, people these days burn too much carbon monoxide for me to bear.

Coder GT
04-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Huh, I either new about your story and forgot or I've never heard of it before. Anyway, so where do you live?

Rainman
04-05-2005, 04:35 PM
I think it would be really neat to have everything I need within walking distance. :)
That's the beauty of college. Honestly, I don't know why I'd need a car for the next few years other than the occasional commute home.

I'm sorry to hear that Prrkitty. I recall I said I would hold out my congrats till you got the house. I hope I didn't jinx you. :(

Blonde799
04-05-2005, 05:19 PM
As long as everything works out for the better, good things will always come. :hug:

Orion
04-05-2005, 05:30 PM
I hear you on the payments thing... I'm still looking for an apartment in the twin cities metro and I'm not finding much under $600/mo. By yourself, that's a lot to pay.

Prrkitty
04-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Good luck on your search Orion. Be thankful you don't live in California or Oregon. The cost of housing... be it renting or purchasing... is horribly costly.

And no Rainman... you didn't jinx us. It just wasn't meant to be - for now. We just paid off the only credit card we had a balance on and now will be able to put even more money in savings each month. The more we have for a down - the less monthly payment we'll have... when we do finally buy a house.

It all works out the way it's supposed to.
Thanks everyone :)
<hug>

AtmaWeapon
04-05-2005, 08:45 PM
I don't seem to remember anything but 1) I am glad things worked out well and 2) I am glad I can take you off my list of members who need to start posting again :) It's cool being close to work; at college I rarely drive unless I have to go to the grocery store (It's like 8 miles away :/)

There are some apartments across the street from the plant I work at, but unfortunately the apartments are next door to a low-rent housing complex (that's the Tennessee term for ghetto, apparently). I have a friend that stays there and sometimes the people throwing beer bottles at his wall keeps him up at night :(

After all, people these days burn too much carbon monoxide for me to bear.That's why you need that Mercedes-Benz to be locked away from that scent. You could have the music high doing 95. Aaaaaah.

Dark Knight
04-07-2005, 07:25 AM
Glad you could find something so close to Paul's work, Prr. Sorry to hear that you can't buy a house at the moment though. =/

It's getting to the point where you have to have almost perfect credit to even rent a house. When I was living in Nashville, we were denied a house just because my mom forgot to pay her car payment for like a month and a half. (This was the same reason why we didn't get the other 6 rent houses).

Speaking of Nashville, I really should change my location. -_-