PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 1 remake Gamecube

Dark_Cloud
04-04-2005, 02:08 AM
I have been looking at screenshots from the RE 1 remake on gamcube. I have to say it looks really impressive. I don't have a gamecube, but am thinking about buying one to play this game. Has anyone else played it, or know anything about it? Is it a game that I should buy? I LOVED the PS one, will I be dissapointed?

Vagla
04-04-2005, 02:52 AM
I've only played the PS one a little tiny bit, but I do own this one and have played it a bit more (I have too many games to play right now, heh). I don't think you'll be disappointed; this version seems to be as good as or better than the original in every way.

I recommend picking up Pure Evil from GameStop (not sure if it's available elsewhere). It's a Gamecube Resident Evil 0 and 1 combo pack for $30. Pretty good deal, in my opinion.

Dark_Cloud
04-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Thanks man, yeah that is a great deal, I will keep that in mind when I'm shopping for the gamecube :D

vegeta1215
04-04-2005, 01:09 PM
The RE remake for the Gamecube is the first RE game I ever played. I rented it first cause I didn't know if I'd like it, but it is very good. It's easily one of the best games I've ever played.

Aside from the terrific graphics and sound, it also has an interesting story that is told mainly through notes you find around the mansion (written by people who were there when the virus outbreak occurred) There are plenty of good scares too, and suspensful moments. Best of all, there is a lot of replay value - there are different modes of difficulty, and you also have the option as playing as either Jill or Chris - which will change things a bit (plus Chris has fewer inventory spots and can't get a few weapons, so you have to strategize a bit with him) There are also a few unlockable modes, such as Real Survival mode where inventory boxes aren't linked together, One Dangerous Zombie mode (where this one zombie strapped with dynamite hunts you and if you shoot him, he explodes and kills you), and Invisible Zombie mode (yes you heard me)

Great game. The default controls aren't that good, so I suggest using the Type C controls in the options where the L or R button is used to move forward.

EDIT: I've played through RE 0 too, and although it has some cool aspects about it, it is not nearly as good as the remake in my opinion.