PDA

View Full Version : Life... in a bucket.

J.J. Maxx
04-03-2005, 12:56 AM
It's funny how much of our day-to-day lives we leave on the internet for all to see. We think that no one would care about our lives. We think that we are a puny insignificant speck on a tiny insignificant world. But... there are people out there, such as myself, which take a certain interest in other people's lives. So how do you peek into people's lives? Legally. Well, you could scan through the countless blogs and journals and read their pathetic dribble, or you could use a more visual method.

Photobucket (http://www.photobucket.com), as most of you know, is a great free site to dump all your online photos, pictures, clipart...

It's also a great place to look at toher people's lives through their own digital cameras.

You'd be surprised how much you can learn about someone just by the pictures they keep in their bucket.

For example, lets take Rachel (http://photobucket.com/albums/v133/rachelina/), a down-home teenager, living in a home with her younger sister and her mom. She has aspirations to be a model, but she is very self-conscious about her nose. Her real mom is divorced and she gets along with her step-mom fairly well. She's outgoing, talkative and social.

See? Connect A to B and the whole life falls into place.

If you do a Photobucket search for pictures with 'me' in their names, you come up with almost 7,000 results.

Fascinating.

biggiy05
04-03-2005, 05:15 PM
At first I was thinking this a little freaky :scared: It is kind of interesting though especially using photobucket. The only thing you could figure out with me is that I had surgery on my chest and I am into customized computers(modded) and firefighting.

Masamune
04-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Dude, I feel really weird looking at all of these pictures of someone I don't know and they don't know I'm looking at them. =(

J.J. Maxx
04-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Dude, I feel really weird looking at all of these pictures of someone I don't know and they don't know I'm looking at them. =(

Any one of those people could make their albums private if they wish. (Like Foxy's and mine.) Because they didn't, the want people to look through them.

ShadowTiger
04-04-2005, 10:36 AM
I have about four fake last names, three internet identities, six E-mail addresses, four AIM names, and twenty four screen names. (*) Hey, this Is the internet. ;) You can get away with a lot of stuff. But all that amounts to a paranoia of sorts. Where does it come from? Who knows. But I'm still shocked that there are people who publically portray a lot of their lives out in the open like this. I know I couldn't give out any more than I already do. Participation is more than far enough, on something that doesn't really do all that much to further things such as your career choice in life. ... Though it couldn't hurt here or there.

* - Though how do you know that's even the truth? Again, this IS the internet, after all. ;) :rolleyes: