PDA

View Full Version : Doors

DSlover
04-02-2005, 02:22 PM
When I try to make my own doors (not in the middle doors, not the doors in the F6 menu of doors but the tiles in the right cololum) they don't work.

ex: *it doesn't warp
*link doesn't walk under top part of door

Please help

Nwart
04-02-2005, 04:28 PM
If they are simple passages (no lock, etc..), you must check the "freeform dungeon" rule (in quest/rules, page 2) otherwise there's an invisible wall between screens. To make Link pass under the top of the door, you have to edit this combo to make its type "overhead".
If you want to make special doors (locked, shutters...) it is possible too but a little harder. For example, you can use lock blocks to make custom locked doors.
For all special doors, unless you really need them in a special place, I recommend you use the normal door tool.

DSlover
04-02-2005, 11:31 PM
thanks nwart

Ctorre
04-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey, I got those problems, but creating doors with he F6 command. Shutters don´t close and locked doors aren´t! And link doesn´t go below the top part of the door too.

Ctorre
04-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Someone knows how to fix this?

Gomar
04-09-2005, 10:03 PM
First off, Ctorre, double posting isn't allowed on these forums. If you have to change or add to a previous post, use the EDIT button at the bottom-right corner of your post.

Now, about the doors; are you sure that the combos that are being used by the F6 command are the correct combos, or at least solid? (for the locked/shutter ones, I mean.) Also, with the shutter doors, make sure that there are at least enemies in the room when you enter it. If you were in the room and killed all the enemies, then saved, edited your quest and returned to that room, the enemies will more than likely be gone, causing the shutters to remain open. It's often a good idea to NOT save very often when playing parts of a quest that you're making.

Ctorre
04-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Well, I already got the overhead problem corrected, but even if I use F6 doors, they still dont work and can pass freely like if they were passages. Im using Zelda DX graphics. And sorry for the double posting.

Rakki
04-15-2005, 07:58 PM
What type of Dmap do you have set as the dungeon you're having problems with? If it's a Cave instead of a Dungeon type, shutters and locked doors won't work from the F6 menu.

Ctorre
04-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, I got it as a dungeon, and it still doesnt work. Is there any other way to make doors?