PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Buttcrack of the World!!!(Iraq)

Brasel
04-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Well, it might not be a buttcrack to the people who live here, but Iraq certainly does suck. I know how you all love these little updates.

Anyway, things have been really slowing down. Just to let you all know, NOTHING is happening here. Noones been hurt or killed. You hardly hear any gunfire anymore. You never hear explosions anymore. Its getting strangely quiet, but thats really a good thing. Baghdad isn't as hostile as it has been in the past.

The Iraqi army is taking over more and more of the patrols and missions. But I'll be honest, I have nothing to do with that. I set up networks and fix minor computer problems, as I stated before. Work isn't as bad as it was. We pretty much set everything up already, and well...lets put it this way. I sat on the internet all day today. I didn't do anything important whatsoever. It was nice but, its getting real boring, and my PS2 went bad so now I don't have much access to video games until I somehow find a way to get a new one sent to me.

It hasn't started getting hot yet, but thats supposed to be very soon. I'm not looking forward to it, things irritate the hell out of me as it is. One of the worst things about a deployment is living and working with the same people in close quarters for a whole year. It wouldn't be so bad if I could go home to my wife every night, but well, I'm a little too far away for that.

The Marines haven't been very helpful. All they do is tear down our official secret internet lines. We don't really call them that, but I figured I'd say it that way so everyone would understand what I'm talking about.

Well, thats honestly about it. My NCOs (Non-Commissioned Officers, aka: Sergeants) are getting on my nerves. Well, only one of them. He gets bored easily and talks to me. This guy isn't a nice man. He takes pleasure in being mean to everyone. He likes me though, which kind of sucks, because that means he likes to fuck with me more than the people he doesn't like. Like today, he asked me how old my Grandpa was because I mentioned something about him fighting over in Korea during the war. This Sgt wouldn't lay off of me because I didn't know how old my Grandpa was. I know its horrible that I don't know that, but well, I don't.

So anyway, thats about it. I don't know why I decided to go so lengthy this time, so I appologize for that, and for my spelling and grammatical errors. My grammar just isn't what it used to be since I joined the army. Trying to speak or process a thought is extremely tough if there isn't like, three F-words and at least two S-words per sentence.

...and don't thank me, I'm just doing my part. ;)

Steezy20
04-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the update. Sounds more believable when its not sensationalised by the media!

Lutraphobiac
04-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Heh, no wonder I have not heard to much about Iraq. Peace is way to boring of a topic to cover.

Glad to see that you are okay and seemingly safe.

moocow
04-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Tony!!! *huggles* Glad to see you're okay :) The year is going by pretty fast, so you'll get to be with Tera soon enough. I can only imagine how much is sucks to be so far away from her.

Take care of yourself hon ;)

carrot red
04-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Odd, I just read five got killed in a car bomb there...

I also heard there's a store opened for our troops there that sells our products, among which game consoles.

It's always good to hear from you, Tony. Take care. :)

Blonde799
04-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Trying to speak or process a thought is extremely tough if there isn't like, three F-words and at least two S-words per sentence.
Right. :) I hate speaking all politically correct, IT HAS TO STOP!:laughing:

...and don't thank me, I'm just doing my part. ;)
Ok, I won't, since you're not really doing anything right now anyway, makes me feel less guilty.;) Good luck out there.

Gerudo
04-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Tony,
Whether or not you want us (well, me) to, I'm going to thank you anyways. Even though you may have a seemingly unimportant effect on what's going on over there, you still (like you said) are doing your part to assist those that do have an impact. Anyone who's over there, no matter what position, is an important gear in the well-oiled machine that is being run.

Come home safely, Tony. We all heart you.

Brasel
04-03-2005, 01:21 AM
Thanks guys. Today is looking like it might be a much busier day. Brigade screwed up big time, like always. (We're in a batallion commo shop, and a brigade is above us.) The crashed the mail server, so now we have to go to all the secret clearance computers in the batalion and set them back up again, per their request. It could be a done a lot easier, but we have to follow orders and do it their way. Its alright though, I had a whole day off yesterday.

bigjoe
04-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Good luck with everything, man, and be careful..

Id hate to see ya stop posting!;)