PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Day debate

Archibaldo
04-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Ok, every one where I live say that April Fools day actually ends at noon. But L_J and I say it ends at midnight t like any other day. Has any one here ever heard of this bullshit about April Fools day ending at noon? Or is that just some crap made up by people who don't want to be pranked?

Machiavelli
04-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Yea. That is Crap. April Fools day ends the same time any other day ends. Whoever told you it was noon was scared.

*b*
04-02-2005, 02:01 AM
april fools DAY, meaning it starts at 12:00:00 AM, and ends at 11:59:59 PM. anyone who says it ends at noon just dosen't like being fooled

Lutraphobiac
04-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Traditionally, pranks are supposed to end by noon. Those done afterwards are supposed to bring bad luck to the perpetrator. However, this is not universally adhered to, and many of the hoaxes listed below appeared after noon. Anyone who fails to respond to the tricks played on them in the proper spirit of tolerance and amusement will also suffer bad luck. It is also (unreliably) said that being fooled by a pretty girl will be compensated by marriage to, or at least friendship with, her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_fools_day

MasterSwordUltima
04-02-2005, 03:07 AM
Crap on your conservative self, Lutraphobiac, April Fool's DAY lasts the duration of the day. The hell with whatever "should" happen if stuff happens after noon, its all in good fun. Whomever placed such rules and definatitions on this glorious day should be death'd >:O :D

phattonez
04-02-2005, 03:09 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_fools_day

Day

# The period of light between dawn and nightfall; the interval from sunrise to sunset.

# The 24-hour period during which the earth completes one rotation on its axis.
# The period during which a celestial body makes a similar rotation.

# Abbr. D One of the numbered 24-hour periods into which a week, month, or year is divided.
# The portion of a 24-hour period that is devoted to work, school, or business: an eight-hour day; a sale that lasted for three days.
# A 24-hour period or a portion of it that is reserved for a certain activity: a day of rest.

Basically, it is 24 hours, not 12. If something is called a day, it lasts 24 hours. Try telling war veterans that memorial day is only for 12 hours, then everyone can forget about them again.

Lutraphobiac
04-02-2005, 03:39 AM
WTF, I just posted what Wikipedia said about April Fool's day. The first 12 hours thing has been the tradition for a long time apparently. I guess that instead of calling it April Fools 1/2 day they decided to name the whole day April Fool's day to designate what day the foolery should occur.

theplustwo
04-02-2005, 04:00 AM
I escaped April Fools without being fooled at all! Not counting blatantly obvious Google "fools", but that was the internet and therefore doesn't count.

fatcatfan
04-02-2005, 10:55 AM
It is also (unreliably) said that being fooled by a pretty girl will be compensated by marriage to, or at least friendship with, her

Now that I find interesting.....