PDA

View Full Version : Sin city is the Sh*t.

cap2030
04-01-2005, 09:07 PM
Just came back from seeing sin city and it was hot.
In the beginning the way everyone talks throws you off a bit and makes you wonder if you just wasted 10 bucks,but after a couple of minutes it grows on you and it works great.

The visuals are great.

I highly suggest it.

Lutraphobiac
04-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Ah, it came out today? I want to see it, but I will most likely wait until the video release. Unless maybe if people start talking about it to much and spoiling it for me.

vegeta1215
04-02-2005, 12:24 AM
My manager is really siked about that movie, I think he went to see it tonight actually. I hadn't really heard about it until he mentioned it today. I think he said it's based off of a comic book, and he's a big comic book fan. I might check it out once I hear a bit more about it.

Mercy
04-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Superb film. Rodriguez manages to capture the essence of the comic series. He stays true to Miller's vision and seemlessly blends his trademark violent style with that of the comics. The digital work, while ever-present in all aspects of the film, is sublime in its innocous use.

Mickey Rourke was the biggest suprise. His performance was outstanding as he brought Marv straight off the page and almost off the screen. Rosario Dawson manages to give a strong performance in negligible clothing proving that she is one hell of a professional. Veterans Bruce Wilis, Rutgar Hauer, and Powers Booth did not disappoint although I felt Michael Madsen's performance was a little off in his opening scene. Clive Owen showed that, once again, Brits play Americans better than Americans. Benicio Del Toro, Nick Stahl, and Brittany Murphy all give the over-the-top performances their characters required while Frodo himself, Elijah Wood is just as creep as creepy can get without saying a word. There is not much to say about Jessica Alba other than she did what she does best... and may she keep doing it. me-ow!

m.

Beldaran
04-02-2005, 02:37 AM
I thought it was crap.

It was wierd, overly gory, and the story was not captivating at all. Furthermore, I didn't enjoy the ending and thought the film had no good resolution. The characters were dark and not inspiring.

It is typcial of the hipper than noir movement that so many people enjoy. Frankly, I consider it waste of 9.00 and the gas I spent to get to the theater.

Glitch
04-02-2005, 05:53 AM
I'm going to see it on Saturday. I will probably be heavly intoxicated so I'm sure I will love it.

moocow
04-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I wanna see it really bad, but I don't have anyone to go see it with. I won't go alone because I don't wanna... :(

Cloral
04-02-2005, 04:36 PM
There is plenty of blood and voilence in this movie, so if you don't like that, don't see it. That aside, this movie kicked ass. My friend was complaining that the various stories didn't tie together as well as he would have liked. But I felt like the fact that they tied together at all was just bonus, the movie was sweet even without this. And Elijah was just fucking creepy. :scared:

Does anybody know which part of the movie Tarintino directed?

punkonjunk1024
04-02-2005, 05:39 PM
I've seen previews, and it seems to have an interesting plot, and the style of it as introduced in the previews, is awesome. Is the entire movie grayscale, with reds worked in? If it is, thats reason enough to want to see it.

Ganon's Minion
04-02-2005, 08:07 PM
I want to see it very badly, as well. I am intrigued..greatly.

Cloral
04-02-2005, 10:12 PM
The movie is black&white, with various characters, objects, and general effects colored in. For instance, the opening scene has a woman whose dress and lipsticks are colored a bright red while the rest of the scene is colorless.

In addition, there are a number of things that get a styalized drawn effect. Elijah's character wears glasses, and in a number of instances the glasses are filled in with a near-white to really emphasize them.

Ganon's Minion
04-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah I've seen that look in the commercials (unfortunately not the actual film). Actually, the look of it makes me want to see it even more. I'm sure that there are quite a few people that would be reluctant to see such a film due to its style..but it looks fantastic to me. It's something new; that which I long for.

Archibaldo
04-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Aw man. Now I really want to see this movie. It sounds awesome.

Eckels
04-02-2005, 11:14 PM
saw it today. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys movies that are just a bit different than the typical hollywood crap.

Orion
04-03-2005, 02:32 AM
I just saw this movie last night with my g/f, and we both enjoyed it thoroughly. I've never read the graphic novels, but the movie has an awesome style to it and great characters. It also had some great one-liners that sent the theatre into an uproar of laughter. I haven't seen a movie this good in a long time. My only gripe was that it seemed to be dragged out at the end a bit, but at least it all does come together in the end.

But anyone who likes a movie for style should love this one. I haven't seen anything like it before.

AlexMax
04-03-2005, 04:30 AM
Saw it on release night. Totally kickass movie, easily worth three times times the admission price. I couldn't find a single thing about the movie that I didn't like.

Kamaria
04-03-2005, 07:44 AM
I've made up my mind to see it after reading this thread. That's all the positive comments I needed to hear. I'll post back here when I watch it.

But yeah, it does sound good. I thought the black and white format was just a gimmick in the commericals though. This could be interesting..

Glitch
04-03-2005, 09:01 PM
This movie was so freaking awesome. The style and mood of the movie draws you in. The way they did it in black and white and various things like blood, lipstick, and eyes were the only thing with color made it a visual masterpiece. And one of the best things about it.......Jessica Alba. /me explodes.

Solaris_Omega
04-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Tarantino did most of the in car scenes. According to reports, he even is finally considering using digital production now after having been forced to work with it. I thought it did the comic justice, have been reading it for along time before this came out. I don't see how anyone couldn't like it at all, the character devlopment was awesome, especially in that they were self-narated. It really gives insite into who those people were. The part that got me the most was the yellow bastard, as title in the movie and comic. It was beautiful, and the director has gone on record of saying that the things that are colored have meaning and are a clue to something bigger, but any die hard analyst of everything would have picked that up watching it. All green eyed people were evil, the young girl with blue eyes shows youth & innocence, and black shows age... I'm satisfied