PDA

View Full Version : Spiffy screen-based music trick!

enigma_0Z
03-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey, just thought of this... if you want screen-based music, couldn't you draw the world as you want it, create seperate overworld dmaps for different music areas, and use edge scroll-type warps between them to?

ShadowTiger
03-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Heh heh. Exactly. ;) :thumbsup: Well said, man.

The thing is, though, each screen can only have ONE destination for side warps. Although you can select which sides will affect that warp, you can really only scroll normally, and scroll / warp to a new map once apiece per screen. That means that on each screen, it'll be impossible to free-roam around the world like this.

CJC
03-31-2005, 02:31 PM
Not quite. With an identical copy of the screen on another map and a row of pitwarp tiles, you can up the sidewarps a screen has to two. It is possible, and I've used it to transition dmap colors before. But, it would use up 4 dmaps instead of 3, so the limits are still there. The best idea would be to have areas of different music, instead of just screens. That would help the transition too.

enigma_0Z
03-31-2005, 04:57 PM
Well, areas actually is what i'm planning, perhaps screens was the wrong term...

I have a forest area in my overworld map that the gerudo valley theme just doesn't quite suit it... All I need to do is create separate dmaps for the specific areas and I'll be set.

Orion
03-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Yup... that is exactly how you do it. It works well if you plan it out properly. A lot of quests have pulled this off very successfully.