PDA

View Full Version : RE4 Not enough MONEY!!

lord of the pit
03-30-2005, 09:58 AM
This is the deal right. IM playing RE4 and Iv unlocked The Chicago Typriter and the really cool rocket loncher, but the doun fall is I dont have enough MONEY!! Its pissing me off :angry: that I only have $200000 and if I sell every thing I still dont have enough money. Iv done all that I could think of to get a Million But its kind of hard.

I NEED HELP :confused:

DarkFlameWolf
03-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Play through the game a few times, that alone can net you two million in just two playthroughs.

vegeta1215
03-30-2005, 01:25 PM
If you bought all the treasure maps your first play through the game, you will have them all at the beginning of your Round 2 game. By having all the treasure maps early, you can be sure not to miss any treasures = more money.

A few tips to make money:

In Round 2 you start off with the same amount of life as you had at the end of your first play through, and if you had used Yellow herbs and maxed out your life (and Ashley's), then you can just sell every Yellow herb you find in Round 2 for about 1000 pts each if I remember correctly.

There are a few spots in the game where there is a pocket watch or other treasure hanging over a well. Shoot the latch holding up the lid to the well up so it will close. Now you can shoot the treasure down, and it won't get dirty = sell for more money.

Be sure to combine treasures for more money. Some examples are the butterfly jars and the jewels that fit into them. The beer stein and jewels, the crown with jewels, etc.

Those insect creatures you fight in the castle sewers and elsewhere often drop jewels - you will have extras of them even after you've completed the butteryfly jars.

On your Round 2 game, sell the Infrared scope that you used in the first play through to kill regenerators if you still have it - you won't need it till the island, and you can get another one. Likewise, if any weapons you find again, just sell

Get the upgraded Punisher handgun by shooting down all 15 blue medallions in the village areas and sell it.

In the "Two Paths" area, if you choose the route with the Gigante, the little wooden shack he knocks down have a lot of treasure in them, and you can get them if you're fast enough.

PLAY THE SHOOTING GALLERY GAME! For each row of bottle caps you get in the shooting gallery game, you get $$$. I think the two top rows give you 50,000 pts each if you get all their bottle caps.

Grasshopper
03-30-2005, 01:37 PM
There is plenty of green herbs and red herbs in the game that you can combine them with the yellow. If you have your health maxed out, don't just sell the yellow herbs. Combine them with the other two first. They sell for more money that way.

There is more than enough yellow herbs to max out you and Ashley on the first time though. Assuming I had all the yellow herbs, I had mine, hers, and 4 more left over. Not to mention I had 9 First Aid Sprays

MottZilla
03-30-2005, 04:27 PM
One thing to note about the chicago typewriter, don't be afriad to sell EVERYTHING to get it. It is the ONLY weapon you need to complete the game. If you run through the game once or twice and combine your treasures to maximize your money you will surely have enough to buy whatever else you may need. Such as upgrades for the hand cannon. ;)

Samson007
03-30-2005, 08:39 PM
I borrowed the game from a friend and I too unlocked the chicago typewriter.

I saved up and purchased it with not much problem with finances. you have to know how to approach it. When you find a diamond or an unexplained jewel, dont just sell it. Wait until you find a large treasure, and see if you can put the jewel into it. Some things raise in value by 30,000, 40,000, or 50,000 by adding jewels.

Also, by the end of my first runthrough of the game I had the fully upgraded striker shotgun, which was the 100 shell holder. you can sell that thing for a good 250,000 pesetas.

If you have a lot of guns upgraded, sell them all because once you have the typewriter, you wont ever need any other gun.

Trust me, the thing is frickin sweet!

vegeta1215
03-30-2005, 11:47 PM
One thing to note about the chicago typewriter, don't be afriad to sell EVERYTHING to get it. It is the ONLY weapon you need to complete the game.

I've unlocked the Chicago Typewriter but I haven't played a Round 2 game yet to check it out, but my friend says it's pretty cool. :)

I'd like to eventually unlock the hand-cannon too, but I don't think I'll be able to do that for a while - I gave up on The Mercenaries for the time being after getting my head cut off too many times.

MottZilla
03-31-2005, 02:39 AM
The hand cannon is the best though. I really wonder though why they didn't change places of the hand cannon and typewriter as the typewriter really does do alot more for you. The hand cannon requires you be able to aim, where the chicago typewriter pretty much makes it hard to lose if you just spray the area with lead. And the fire power difference between the hand cannon and typewriter is meaningless when you factor in the higher firing rate. Another thing to note is that the hand cannon does NOT start with infinite ammo. So ya, really I think you should have gotten the hand cannon for beating ada assignment and the typewriter for mercs.

lord of the pit
03-31-2005, 09:30 AM
i stilll need to unlock the hand cannon. I dont play merc a lot. im already on my second round. Im only in the castle.:cool:

MottZilla
04-01-2005, 02:56 AM
I played a bunch of the Mercs game today. It is alot more fun playing it (no cheats) when you aren't trying to unlock things. Then you don't get so pissed off when one of them chainsaws the poor bastard's head off. I ussually start laughing when that happens now.