PDA

View Full Version : A few problems with ZC and ZQuest

Legend789
03-29-2005, 08:10 PM
I had 3 problems with ZC and ZQuest, and I thought that I'll ask for help here:

1. After a few minutes in ZC, the sound effects go away.

2. Once, ZQuest wouldn't save quests.

3. When I tested out my Level 9, and died while fighting Gannon, instead of continuing where I set the DMAP to do so, it continued at the last Tile Warp that I came out of.

Well that's it. And BTW, why'd I have to reregister?

Coder GT
03-29-2005, 09:32 PM
What version of ZC are you using?

Legend789
03-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks for replying. I'm using the latest version, version 2.10 for Windows, does it matter if I installed over the earlier versions?

Legend789
03-31-2005, 12:13 PM
I've got two more questions:

1. Is verticle scrolling for the DMap going to be implemented in Zquest? (I've never needed it before, but there's a chance that both verticle and horizontal might be needed.)

2. Can Katakana and Hiragana be used in ZC? (Just wondering.)

ShadowTiger
03-31-2005, 12:19 PM
.. Er .. What do you mean by Vertical Scrolling? If you mean, "Can walk to the north/south edge of the screen and scroll in that direction," it's totally possible now. Otherwise, I'm stumped as to what you mean. XD

And if you wished to draw them in manually, and apply them to layer 3 and above, you can have them on the screen, I guess. :shrug: They would just be like any other custom graphic you choose to display though. Nothing special about them, like being text or whatnot.

CJC
03-31-2005, 02:20 PM
I think that he means vertical scrolling like Alttp, as in bigger rooms.
Anyways, it won't happen.

If you want to achieve a similar effect, I'm sure it's possible with a little planning. Or at least vertical or horizontal scrolling on a screen.
I could explain it, but it's mind-bogglingly complicated, so I won't unless you ask.

As for the katakana and hiragana, that would require a special text font, and the only ways to make strings are in Zquest or in a notepad file, and neither of those can change the font style. So, that's probably a no as well.

Sorry. If you want to know how to do two-directional side-scrolling, I'd be happy to explain my theory.

Legend789
03-31-2005, 05:03 PM
Actually, I meant to ask that if they will implement the ability to vertically scroll your 8x8 map, on the Edit DMap window (Mechanics Tab). They already have horizontal scrolling, and so I wanted to know if they will make verticle too.

Thanks for helping guys. And what you said about ALttP is interesting.

I guess I like Britannianhero4's idea better for the Katakana and Hiragana, to make them graphics instead of text. I'll try to see if that works. I'll just search for a find a site that has their names in Japanese (Link and company), and draw the graphic text.

Sorry to bother you guys again, but how do you make it so that the room that Link's in doesn't show up on the make?

I managed to slightly fix what was wrong with the 3rd question. At least he walks out of the cave instead of just walking on the cave. However when he dies he goes to the level that's in the cave, instead of the beginning of the level that the cave's in.

Legend789
04-13-2005, 05:26 PM
*Bring Up My Posts.*

chack
04-17-2005, 07:02 PM
for your problem to start a saving
1-choose another file
2-after choose a custom quest
3-finally choose your file

Ganonator
04-17-2005, 08:05 PM
The reason you aren't getting a response is that your question is very ill-worded. You don't want Link to show up on the make?

Also, if you are having Dmap problems, make sure you don't select 'continue here' in the dmap he's on, and also that you aren't using an older version of Zquest/ZC (2.10 is the latest) since the older versions do have what we call the continue bug.

Legend789
04-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Oh, sorry, the question is:

Is there a way to not show the Link Marker (originally the light green/gray/red square) on the Map in the upper-left hand corner of the screen. (The one under the Subscreen.) Thanks in advanced.