PDA

View Full Version : I can dig more clams than you stupid!

Cloral
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Anyone who watches Aqua Teen Hungar Force is probably familar with the episode where Frylock builds a supercomputer. In this episode they are giving some games to a caveman, and Meatwad suggests they give him Clamdigger. In explination, Meatwad says:

"Tyrone calls you up, you know in the game, and he says 'I can dig more clams than you stupid!' and you gotta say 'Nuh-uh boy!' and y'all gotta race down to the beach with your buckets and your shovels, and the object of the game... is to find parking."

I found out today that they did not make this up - Clamdigger is an actual game! Meatwad is slightly off in that you do eventually dig clams, but finding parking is part of the game.

Here is an article someone wrote about the game:
http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1515019

The funniest part though is Tyrone's comments while you play the game. They range from the relatively mundane:
YOU CANT BEAT MY CLAMMING SKILL IDIOT
HAHA I BEAT YOU HERE! DONT EVEN TRY LOSER

To the more harsh:
I KNOW YOU CRY YOURSELF TO SLEEP
I HOPE YOU FALL OVER AND CANT GET BACK UP
DROWN IN QUICKSAND
YOUR BROTHER IS IN JAIL HAHAHA
CRASH AND DIE
YOUR FRIENDS HATE YOU
I HOPE IT HURTS WHEN YOU BREATHE

To the :odd::
CLOWNS CHASE YOU AT NIGHT AND WANT TO TAKE YOUR FEET

To the quotes that were too harsh to make into the actual game (but were discovered by hacking the game):
SOME CHILDREN DIE IN THEIR BEDS
PARENTS KEEP THE BEST SWEETS IN THE MEDICINE CUPBOARD
SELF HARM IS NOT A DIRTY PHRASE
DO YOU FEEL DIRTY? SCRAPE IT OFF
YOU FAIL AT EVERYTHING YOU DO. QUIT AT LIFE

Because of these quotes, the game was recalled a month after being put on the shelves.

I was laughing when I found this out because I had assumed that the game Meatwad was describing was totally made up. It just sounded so asinine. But it really is a game!

vegeta1215
03-29-2005, 09:36 PM
I watched that episode last night, and I thought the same thing as you (that the game was made up) It was hilarious though.

btw, I tried that link you posted but I get a 503 Service Unavailable message. Anyone else have some links to sites about this game?

theplustwo
03-29-2005, 09:42 PM
For being that old, the trash-talking sounds surprizingly modern.

Cloral
03-29-2005, 10:15 PM
I watched that episode last night, and I thought the same thing as you (that the game was made up) It was hilarious though.

btw, I tried that link you posted but I get a 503 Service Unavailable message. Anyone else have some links to sites about this game?

"What do you want?"
"Kick-ass fighting games with action missles!"

As for the link, I just tried it and it worked fine. Maybe there was something weird with the site at that time. If you want to reach it otherwise though, just search for "Clamdigger game" on Google - it's the first result. That site also has pages on each of the Aqua Teens with some of the more memerable quotes, like Carl's "Look, I don't need instructions, to know how to rock!"

MasterSwordUltima
03-29-2005, 10:28 PM
"See, he's got missiles, see? Oh, and when you do something good, he winks at you!"
I dunno if I'd ever pay $600 for a Commodore 64 game...but...mmm...that driving part looks so boss... :O