PDA

View Full Version : Link Tile Modification

[Spock]
03-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Can someone explain to me how the Link Tile Modification works? Does the number you put there correspond to the relative amount of tiles left or right that one of the Link tiles changes to, or what?

I'm wondering because, for some reason I haven't pinpointed yet, Link suddenly started using the picture of him holding an item with one hand for when he's walking up the screen. The way I fixed it was by pasted the correct tile over the one-handed hold item up tile, and it works. But now he turns into a candle when he should be holding up an item. I'm at a loss! :(

fatcatfan
03-28-2005, 04:52 PM
yes, LTMs add to the tile number used by Link for all animations. This is complicated by the fact that most of links sprites are expected to be in a fixed location early in the sprite sheet, but others are configured in the sprite editor. The system isn't perfect yet. :(

[Spock]
03-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Okay... So what do you think I should do about the problem I explained? It automatically uses tile # 34 (the one after the four magic shield walking tiles) for the sprite of him holding up an item one-handed... but for some reason, it started using that one-handed hold up tile for when Link is walking away from you (up the screen). That's the way it's set up for the small shield, where the picture of him walking away from you is right after the four walking sprites, but for the four big shield sprites, the one-handed-hold-up sprite is there, and it's using that tile now!

Ugh, that probably made no sense. ~_~

Jedi Knight
03-30-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm having the same problem and just posted about it in another thread. When someone replies you should check it out.