PDA

View Full Version : CD burning...

ZTC
03-28-2005, 04:08 PM
I recently picked up a Sony CD burner at an auction (and it works :D ), but I don't have a burning program. What do you reccomend? (note: free is good)

fatcatfan
03-28-2005, 04:16 PM
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=16#16

Enjoy.

Cloral
03-28-2005, 06:32 PM
The Windows interface seems to work fine for me. :shrug:

Rainman
03-28-2005, 06:36 PM

Yea, that's all I've ever used when burning stuff.

fatcatfan
03-28-2005, 07:12 PM
And if he doesn't have XP? Yeah, it's okay for most simple applications, but I still prefer Nero.

theplustwo
03-28-2005, 07:37 PM
The Windows XP built-in functionality is all right for basic tasks like burning files to a disk, but copying CDs, making video CDs, and making music CDs are all better left to a dedicated CD burning program. I recommend Nero.

DsS Game
03-28-2005, 08:24 PM
windows xp seems to have a flaw with cd burning so I wouldnt recommend that.

Try Nero.

ZTC
03-29-2005, 08:24 PM
teh computer is too old to handle XP (being at 350Mhz), but I found that DeepBurner suits my needs; thanks for the input guys :thumbsup:

vegeta1215
03-29-2005, 09:41 PM
teh computer is too old to handle XP (being at 350Mhz), but I found that DeepBurner suits my needs; thanks for the input guys :thumbsup:

Glad you found one that works for you ;)

As for your comment about XP, you'd be surprised what XP will run on. I got it to run on a 200 MHz K6-2 with only 64 MB of RAM. I turned off a few services to improve the performance (like the themes service, indexing service, system restore, and others) and it was surprisingly usable.

Also, when I setup this system I checked out XP's built in burning feature - it's okay, but like the built-in CD burning on OS X, it's not as intuitive as using a full CD burning program imo.

Steezy20
03-30-2005, 09:01 AM
I'd recommend 'Nero 6 Ultra Edition' every time apart from if you're running 'Windows XP Service Pack 2' and don't feel like downloading hundreds of megs worth of updates just to make it run properly!

ZTC
03-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Glad you found one that works for you ;)

As for your comment about XP, you'd be surprised what XP will run on. I got it to run on a 200 MHz K6-2 with only 64 MB of RAM. I turned off a few services to improve the performance (like the themes service, indexing service, system restore, and others) and it was surprisingly usable.

Also, when I setup this system I checked out XP's built in burning feature - it's okay, but like the built-in CD burning on OS X, it's not as intuitive as using a full CD burning program imo.

as for the computer, I'd rather not put XP on it in it's current state...
a) it's the family computer
b) I don't have money to get XP
c) out of a combined 20 gigs for 2 hdds, there's only about 3 gigs free space (with about 1 gig on the c drive)
===
I've already burned a MP3 cd that I'm listening to right now, took about 14 minutes at the max speed (4x) :D

Archibaldo
03-30-2005, 06:13 PM
While we're on the topic, I was wondering if any one could help me with my DVD Burner. I can't see to get the files on to the DVD it self. Any suggestions?