PDA

View Full Version : Fucking boxes always causing shit!

Goat
03-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Ok, about 6 months ago, me and my buddy Nathan were unloading teh truck at work. A box fell and slamemd him in the eye. Happens all teh time, we curse for a minute, and then shrug it off and keep working. Well when He got struck, he didnt think anything about it and never reported it. Now there is still swelling 6 months later, turns it out fucked up one of his tear ducts. Now he has to have surgery, and since he didnt report it, he has to pay out of pocket, sucks. So this morning im in the truck unloading, and this box falls and hits me in the face, i say fuck, and dont miss a move and keep unloading. Thinking later about Nathan's story, I decided id report it just to stay safe. So I have to go through like an hour of questions, first my supervisor, then my hr, then thsi bith on a phone, and fill out so much paperwork, and now I have to go take a drug test. Im clean,. but tahst besides the point. They should drug test the box! He started shit with me! Ive never been pissed so much from getting hit in the face!

fatcatfan
03-28-2005, 03:42 PM
That sucks for your pal, having to pay out of pocket. I'll remember to report all box related injuries in the future. What has that box been taking that so screwed up his eye?

ShadowTiger
03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
I have a new disrespect for boxes. :disgust:

That box should have been nicer to you man. Can't have boxes randomly hitting our TehGoat now can we. But in my opinion, it's kind of awkward, having to report each and every hit you take from a box. Perhaps the situation can be remedied in the future by wearing goggles, or sunglasses?

Goat
03-28-2005, 08:37 PM
...having to report each and every hit you take from a box...

I get hit in the head, and teh chest, and the balls by boxes every single day. I fall off a ladder at least once a week. Reporting this stuff has never been important before. But im just making sure I dont get fucked later, by annoying myself now.

Starkist
03-28-2005, 08:41 PM
That's why I work on the front lanes Goat. No dangerous boxes...

fatcatfan
03-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, you only have to worry about those vicious plastic bags that try to asphyxiate you. And maybe the occasional hold up. (hi stranger :) )

Goat
03-28-2005, 09:02 PM
That's why I work on the front lanes Goat. No dangerous boxes...

Ya, but the advantage to working in the back is that I make $2 extra an hour.

Mercy
03-28-2005, 09:49 PM
If that box gives you any more shite let me deal with it. I have never met a box I couldn't lick.

m.

Goat
03-28-2005, 09:52 PM
/me ejaculates

Kryten
03-29-2005, 12:41 AM
Boxes are evil. They killed grandpa.

AtmaWeapon
03-29-2005, 12:56 AM
I bought a box at Wal-Mart today for the purposes of shipping a package. I will be certain to wear the proper safety equipment when I handle it.