PDA

View Full Version : I hear Digipen is a tough school...

Beldaran
03-27-2005, 01:28 AM
So how the hell does Ganonator have the highest score in Helicopter? Don't you have homework to do? My god man, what do you do all day? Play in the arcade?

Explain Quaternions to me right now, and if you can't, then I condemn you for playing in the arcade too much. :D

Seriously, I don't see how the high score leaders in all the games can stand to waste all that time. Some of those scores are rediculous. :odd:

VT_Hokie_Fan
03-27-2005, 01:35 AM
No lives. That's why.

Coder GT
03-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Wow, that makes a lot of sense...the topic and the post. Honestly, I think he just has a lot of time on his hands and chooses that time to take a game and conquer it...and then he is I guess skilled at the game. Rumors are that he cheats, no one can really prove it to make that accusation.

Lutraphobiac
03-27-2005, 04:50 PM
You just wanted to repeat unproveable accusations.

I go to a pretty tough engineering school. There is a lot of homework and I have about 26 hours of classes at least. Dispite this, I have alot of time. More so than high school even. I kind of don't know what to do with it all. Well, I do, but that is call "a job"

He is probably just better than you at the game.

Coder GT
03-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Ahem, I just said that It's a rumor. I didn't say that I believe it.

Ganonator
03-27-2005, 05:00 PM
ok, lets figure it out ;)

If you notice all of them were captured before january, with exception of helicopter where I got good at it before christmas, and got it back later than that. How do I manage everything and still go to DigiPen? Well, it's all about how time is spent.

Monday: Class 9 - 11. I usually come home and work, or stay at school and work until about 6. I have the rest of the night off.
Tuesday: Class 10-12. I come home until class from 3 - 7. I come home, watch TV, enjoy myself.
Wednesday: Class 9-11, come home, class 2-8. I'm ususally spent, so i'll come home and watch tv. I then realize i forgot to do physics homework, and do it at about 10pm. Due in the morning.
Thursday: same as tuesday
Friday: class 10-4. That includes an SA meeting.

Do the math, and I have tons of free time. My weekends are spent working on my game, and when I have real deadlines ( like the Beta of my game due in 10 days ) i'll bust ass at school to get it done. The classes aren't really the hard part of the school, it's the game programming. Some people take it seriously like me, some people don't give a shit. Yes, i'll have the best chance at getting a job in the end, so it all works out.

The arcade games are just mental masturbation, Beldaran. I play them to escape the POV transform matrices, all of the fucking physics principals, and all of the C++ which drives me insane.

dP is the only 4-year course with 156 credits in the country. But, if you know college, you don't have to bust any ass. I also drink a ton and get high a lot.

EDIT:: I also realized I spent most of real college fucking. I haven't done any of that for years. <3 dP