PDA

View Full Version : A speech about video games...

idontknow
03-26-2005, 01:02 PM
I must do an informative speech and for my topic, i was thinking of talking about video games, particularly nintendo, since they seem to have been inolved in gaming longer than Sony or Microsoft. The speech is to be 6 to 7 minutes long. What subtopics or main points should i cover in this speech? And how can i make it interesting? What websites should i go to for information?

Here are some ideas:
1) History & Evolution of video games (Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox)
2) Effects of videogames (how they make people feel, do they teach lessons or build coordination?)
3) Avg. Number of consoles per household

Archibaldo
03-27-2005, 01:45 AM
You should mention that videogames have taught alot to kids. Thanks to video games kids at age 10 know basic rules of the road thanks to racing games, such as mph, what side of the road to stay on, how to cut people off, etc.

Beldaran
03-27-2005, 02:54 AM
I would argue that a large percentage of the american labor pool in regards to high tech and programming industries consists of people inspired by games in their youth. Most people never mention the positive intellectual aspects of games. They just take holier than thou religious shits on them. arg.

Vagla
03-27-2005, 05:34 AM
I recommend this article for the history of video games:

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/hov/

Grasshopper
03-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Don't do a speech on the history of video games. Its too easy, most people have a general idea of it. Especially if they played games.

Do something that might be interesting to other people, something that can have different points of view.

DsS Game
03-27-2005, 03:45 PM
Fighting games opened up a lot o fthings such as tournaments and gambling. Well I wouldn't mention the gambling part. It also made people travel more to meet other people, have some competiton, and pretty much relax and have fun. Fighting games bring people together. :o