PDA

View Full Version : Help

Kamer
03-25-2005, 07:00 PM
I dont know much about the editor, having some problems with it, i've been following this http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/index.html, using version 2.10, and everything has been going fine untill I get to making the dungeon, when I enter the dungeon, ill start one space up from where I want him to be, and he enters facing down, and walks 1 space down, help.

Is there a more recent tutorial that shows how to make a sample quest? Thanks in advance for any help.

2nd Edit:How would I change the color of the secret combos, I dont like the grey, I know picture always help http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/mythia/Secretcombo.bmp

Edit:wrong forum, my mistake, please move

Gomar
03-25-2005, 09:53 PM
First off, this should be in Quest Editor Help.

Second, are you placing the Dmap entry (green icon) in the door? Maybe you are, but I said it just in case you used the blue icon instead.

For your other question, the problem is just c-sets. Just use + and - on your keyboard to change the colors. (use +, it should take you to the colors you want)

Freedom
03-25-2005, 11:39 PM
The green positioning square has to be right at the edge of the screen

Kamer
03-26-2005, 02:31 AM
I know, right away I asked for this to be moved, I am using the green square, its right at the very bottom in the middle, and oddly the + and - dont work to change colors, I have to use 1 - 9 to change colors...

Another question, on the 210test thing, the water is pure blue, how did they get it like that.

Edit:turns out I had to use the numpad to get + and - to work.

Nwart
03-26-2005, 02:49 AM
Hi,
Just for you to know, the 1-9 buttons don't change the color of anything in the game, they just change the screen palette in the editor. It's for convenience and the game will use the palette of the current DMAP. So don't expect to change the color of the game screen with it.
Then if you want to use the normal overworld palette, (on overworld map, of course) you should set the screen color to 0 to see how it will really look in the game (and you should have blue water by changing the cset).

Edit: 2.10test use customs graphics (the new1st tileset). If you are using these to, the cset used for water is 4. if you have not changed the default graphics, there is no "pure blue" water (see the example_1st.qst). But if you really want it, you could edit the water tiles.

Kamer
03-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Any idea about my dungeon problem?
Also, any tutorials besides the one im using, that shows how to make a sample quest.

Nwart
03-26-2005, 04:14 AM
Are you sure the green square is exactly at the very bottom? The last row has a black pixel pattern on it, but it does count. If it is placed on top of this row, it will be considered as a cave-style exit (Link faces down and walks forward), but when you place it at the bottom, Link should enter facing up. I made this error, I was sure the entrance was on the last row, but in fact it was half a square too high.

Kamer
03-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Ill check on that nwart

Edit:Fixed it, thanks, been using it in windowed mode, so I couldn't tell

Freedom
03-26-2005, 10:05 AM
There is links to 4 tutorials on my page HERE (http://storm.prohosting.com/~mfreedom/ZC/zcquests.htm)

VEL
03-26-2005, 12:54 PM
--Moved to ZC Quest Editor Help-- ;)

Kamer
03-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks vel

Edit:Here http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/chapter1/page5.html
is says there a quest rule to make it use another subscreen, I cant find it

Gomar
03-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah, Aplhadawg's tutorial is using 1.90, so a few things have been moved. After the release of 1.92, it has been moved to Init. Data under the Quest menu. I think subscreens are under page 7 or 8 in there. New Subscreen adds space to use most new items in ZC, but if you want support for ALL items and the Boss Key, choose Revision 2.

Nwart
03-28-2005, 02:24 AM
I am searching this option too since the 2.10. There is only 4 pages in the Init data dialog (2 pages of basic equipment, the DMAP page for map,compass and boss key and the misc page with magic, hearts, triforce,etc..). I found nothing related to the subscreen.

Gomar
03-28-2005, 09:18 AM
It should be on one of the last pages. I can't remember which, because I'm only going off memory, but I do know that whatever one it is on, it will be somewhere around the page with magic and sword hearts.

Ganonator
03-28-2005, 01:32 PM
It should be on page 8.