PDA

View Full Version : VERSUS: Audioslave & Velvet Revolver

Coder GT
03-25-2005, 05:40 PM
So, what the hell is up with this forum? So many freaking debates, this has become a Think Tank. Welcome to News world. Ok, simple enough idea. We got two fairly new bands. With the lead singers of old bands, put together with the bands from former bands. In conclusions...

Audioslave = Soundgarden lead singer + Rage Against The Machine band
Velvet Revolver = Stone Temple Pilots lead singer + Guns N' Roses former band

I've heard music from both artists. I happen to think that Audioslave is better. What do you think is better?

Ganonator
03-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Audioslave is far superior. Where Velvet Revolver is a band with a new singer, Audioslave is a solo artist with professional musicians. Although most people didn't like RAtM, the band was incredible, and I'm glad to see (hear) they're still making music.

Check out 'Audioslave - Be Yourself' if you would like a demonstration of how much Chris Cornell rocks.

Glitch
03-25-2005, 06:40 PM
Audioslave by far.

mikeron
03-25-2005, 06:44 PM
My reasons for choosing Audioslave are two-fold:
Velvet Revolver is a bunch biatches, and Audioslave allows me to pretend that Soundgarden never broke up.

Eckels
03-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Audioslave = Soundgarden lead singer + Rage Against The Machine band

I have a big problem with this statement. Soundgarden and RAtM are so far beyond superior to Audioslave that it's not even funny.

Audioslave = Chris Cornell forgot how to sing, and drags the rest of the ship down with him.

Audioslave < Soundgarden + RAtM.

Goat
03-25-2005, 09:40 PM
I liek Velvet Revolver, but I love Audioslave. RATM is one of teh best bands ever, and soundgarden is great as well. I think Chris Cornell still sings great, and I enjoy Audioslave more than I do Soundgarden. ive heard alot of peopel make teh same comments that you have Eck, but theyre all really old.

Beldaran
03-26-2005, 03:41 AM
I prefer Velvet Revolver. I am also a big Guns and Roses fan, so there's my influence.

Rage Against the Machine is not a rock band, in my opinion. It's a rap group with a guitar player. None of their songs have any melody whatsoever, and consist mostly of rap. They are an amazingly tight and talented group, and I enjoy some of their tracks (but not their politics), but they just don't qualify as a rock band to me because they don't play rock music. They play rap.

I hated Soundgarden, especially since I grew up in Seattle and you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing three Soundgarden songs at once, or some DJ kissing their ass. I don't like their music; it drons on and on and makes me sleepy and depressed.

vegeta1215
03-26-2005, 11:31 AM
I like Audioslave a lot better than Velvet Revolver.

Audioslave has a sound which is different than both Rage and Soundgarden, and I like that. In contrast, I think Velvet Revolver sounds just like Guns n Roses, but with Scott Weiland on vocals. And I hate Guns n Roses.

Beldaran
03-26-2005, 01:56 PM
And I hate Guns n Roses.

I... wha? I mean, whoa... how...????

I love GnR. My band does a sweet cover of Welcome to the Jungle. It's always a big hit. GnR is one of my favorite bands, even though Axel Rose went bananas during the Illusions tour.

http://si.porto.ucp.pt/alunos/art013/pictures/gunsnroses.jpg

AlexMax
03-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Both bands are mere shadows of their former selves. Voted neither.

vegeta1215
03-26-2005, 07:31 PM
I... wha? I mean, whoa... how...????

I can't stand Axel's voice. It's as simple as that.

Coder GT
03-27-2005, 03:49 PM
I think Axel's voice is annoying sometimes. That's why I don't have a lot of G&R songs on my PC. I really like Civil War though.

Verman
03-28-2005, 08:34 AM
OoOo velvet revolver all the way!

Scott Weiland is a god!

Audioslave is boring in my opinion, jsut doesnt seem to cut it. Don't get me wrong rage was awsome though! but no one anywhere can match the awsome Stone Temple Pilots! SoooooOOooOooo good!

one big reason STP was the so much funwas because of scott weiland and his stupid dances hahaha you can see where his life changed during his time with STP, at the beginning he was a normal looking guy then wham, some speedballs later he is a scrawny fucked up mofo.

ocelot
03-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Sorry, I don't like Audioslave or Velvet Revolver

Ganonator
03-28-2005, 09:55 PM
For all of you non-believers, here's a treat: http://www.thedpshack.com/AudioSlave_-_Be_Yourself.mp3

It's not that shitty kazaa version either. It's the real deal ;)

ocelot
03-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Well, I'll choose Audioslve any day over Velvet Revolver

Beldaran
03-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Well, I'll choose Audioslve any day over Velvet Revolver

Apparently not though, since yesterday you wouldn't choose either of them. :D