PDA

View Full Version : With or without a finger?

carrot red
03-25-2005, 04:12 PM
A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chili prepared by the chain, local officials said on Wednesday.

"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

Local officials launched an investigation after the incident on Tuesday night and the medical examiner determined on Wednesday that the object was a human finger.

Officials are trying to determine if the finger came in the raw materials Wendy's used to prepare the chili, Gale said.

Wendy's International Inc. corporate office did not immediately return a call for comment.

Employees at the Wendy's were checked and the fingertip didn't come from any of them, officials said, adding that the well-cooked finger may have come from a food processing plant that supplies the company.

Here's the rest of the story with a picture of the finger (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&e=2&u=/ap/finger_food).

What I don't get is how a finger loss could go unreported, or how a raw finger could go unnoticed in the plant that prepares the meals for Wendy's...

DsS Game
03-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Well great now that makes me think twice before I eat there chili. The funny thing is, I love there chili.

but it beats me. Aren't there suppose to be inspections before the food gets shipped out?

ShadowTiger
03-25-2005, 04:25 PM
This is why god told the Jews to keep kosher. Jews are paranoid as all heck, but I've never heard of a case where something has snuck into a Jew's food. ... Though I don't really believe in god. It's just a practical thing, rather than a religious thing. Hey, it's worked for me so far. :shrug:

At least he didn't actually swallow it. He probably would have done something extremely drastic. Then again, he may not have actually even known that he'd swallowed a finger, if he had swallowed it. :odd:

"Oh, it was probably just a chunk of meat."

Beldaran
03-25-2005, 04:50 PM
What I don't get is how a finger loss could go unreported, or how a raw finger could go unnoticed in the plant that prepares the meals for Wendy's...

It is probably a shady factory situation in which employees are not represented and are afraid to report injuries because they will get fired.

On another note, I got queasy just reading the article. I can't imagine if it had been me.

Archibaldo
03-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Meh, at least it wasn't a rat or something.

Monica
03-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Eeeeeeeeeew that reminds me of the episode where Buffy took the job at the fast food place! :eek:

Rainman
03-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Yummmmm.

Just watched Silence of the Lambs so I'm in a cannablistic mood. :P

fatcatfan
03-26-2005, 09:43 PM
That's disgusting. Maybe it went unreported because the employee who lost a finger was an illegal immigrant.

Goat
03-26-2005, 09:52 PM
This is why god told the Jews to keep kosher. Jews are paranoid as all heck, but I've never heard of a case where something has snuck into a Jew's food.

Also like how teh jews went largely unhurt during epidimics of teh past, like the back death.

It is probably a shady factory situation in which employees are not represented and are afraid to report injuries because they will get fired...

Well teh article said that it was a well manicured nail, not something youd expect from someone who would mess with meat all day. Im always looking for conspiracy, so I bet that someone murdered someone else and tried to dispose the body in the meat.

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-27-2005, 12:28 AM
This reminds me suddenly of an incident at... a McDonalds? Sometime within the past two or three years... a woman was eating chicken tenders or something and she found a fried chicken head in the box. Certainly not a finger, but just as awkward for the company.