PDA

View Full Version : Walcome Nwart!

Dark Nation
03-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Nwart noticed a bug that has been present since 1.92 beta 136 (maybe earlier). Nobody else caught it (or if they did, I didn't see their post about it). So, I've made him an honorary beta tester. Since he turned his PM's off, I can't tell him, so I'll just see if he notices his access here on his own. If he doesn't within a week, I'll probably revoke it again and chalk it up to a fluke.

Jigglysaint
03-25-2005, 03:40 PM
This might be a case where you might need to make a topic in the ZC forums. I know threads about PM subjects arn't good, but you've a developer, who's goning to mod you?

VEL
03-25-2005, 04:03 PM
I think people might not be able to use PMs until they have a certain amount of posts, I don't know the number though. He has 9 posts, so he might not have enough yet.

EDIT: I just checked his profile, and he has email enabled. So as long as his email still works and he still checks it, that could be used.

ShadowTiger
03-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Well, if he's a beta tester, and is interested in ZC, (Otherwise, how would he have found the bug?) then he'll probably come back for more, or at least to see if anyone replied. Hey, how can he not see it. ;)

(Thus, if he doesn't, I'll eat my own hat.) ... (I have set aside a spare for such an occasion, created from a large mass of jelly beans.)

So welcome, Nwart. :) :highfive: Get ready for the journey of a lifetime.

Dark Nation
03-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Well, I sent him an e-mail. Now to see if he shows up.

JayeM
03-25-2005, 05:08 PM
What bug did he find?

ShadowTiger
03-25-2005, 05:16 PM
He found This Bug Here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=84871). It's quite an ingenious little bug too. Some testers are more inclined to look for specific bugs, which usually doesn't include the standard triforce collection entities.

This incident only reinforced my hopes for an eventual standardized "Testers Playground."

Dark Nation
03-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Actually, this bug was a cousin of another bug, so there were two bugs he pointed me to.

First, the triforce pieces weren't being set when you loaded a game in ZC.
Second, the pieces that you set in init data wouldn't get saved to the quest (except for piece 1).

ShadowTiger
03-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Hm. That makes a lot of sense. A common bug which occured when most people played Dreams of Yesterday was that the Triforce pieces you would collect never registered. It was the most noticeable there. Didn't happen too frequently in quests of lesser size though, but that's probably just confirmation bias speaking.

Freedom
03-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Hm. That makes a lot of sense. A common bug which occured when most people played Dreams of Yesterday was that the Triforce pieces you would collect never registered. It was the most noticeable there. Didn't happen too frequently in quests of lesser size though, but that's probably just confirmation bias speaking.

I had that problem in SwanSong too, and pointed it out at the time.
I thought it was due to the sidewarps in levels though.

Dark Nation
03-27-2005, 02:36 AM
This wasn't about Triforce pieces that you pick up. It was about Triforce pieces given through Initialization Data.

Nwart
03-27-2005, 04:41 PM
Wow! A thread? Just for me? Thanks, and sorry for not replying before, my account was registered with an old address I am not using anymore. I updated it and I turned on PM too (it seems i have the option).
I am more than pleased to accept the honorary beta tester title :)
though i am not specially qualified for that, I just ran into this bug while trying to make my little quest project.
Oh, and please forgive me if my English sounds strange, I am French.

Blonde799
04-06-2005, 04:09 AM
Nwart noticed a bug that has been present since 1.92 beta 136 (maybe earlier). Nobody else caught it (or if they did, I didn't see their post about it)
You probably missed it DN. I bet you even forgot about the swimming graphic bug I posted a while back.:p Welcome all the same though Nwart.:)