PDA

View Full Version : Dream Homes

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-25-2005, 01:45 AM
Here's an interesting (hopefully) idea that just popped into my head.

Post a description of your dream home, in as little or as much detail as you choose. A small house in the suburbs, a cabin in the middle of alaska, a rocky mountain ranch, a massive yacht, a plane that never lands, whatever. Be elaborate and far out, or be simple and realistic. Do both if you like. Think about the sort of place you'd build if you won the lottery.

I've had a chance to travel a bit in my short years. I've been overseas to europe twice, and spent some time traveling through the middle of the US (the space between michigan and texas, and michigan and utah). I like mountains. I like plains. But above all things, I'd have to be honest and admit that I prefer the sometimes subtle, often pronounced, and usually forrested hills of Michigan. Despite my strong mexican background, I've never felt fully comfortable in the heat. Dry climates don't work for me.

The upper peninsula of Michigan is a beautiful place, in my own opinion, and if you're into road trips, there's lots of interesting stuff to see up there. But to the point, that's where I'd build. Just beyond the Mackinaw bridge that separates the peninsulas, on a large plot of land with plenty of foliage and no neighbors in sight. A long, unpaved driveway leading to a big house tucked into the trees. Two stories, with a wrap around deck and a walk out porch on the second floor. An out of the way place to raise a family in comfort.

Beldaran
03-25-2005, 01:52 AM
I would want an isolated and well equipped recording studio in the hill country surrounding Austin, Texas. There would be a small bedroom and kitchen attached for living. Other than that, my house would be just a one room recording studio. (with a huge TV and awesome computer for video gaming too, of course)