PDA

View Full Version : Super Nintendo Graphics?

Darren_Trent
03-25-2005, 12:58 AM
Is there a thingy I can download that allows me to crate games with Super Nintendo graphics. Personally I think Zelda Classic would be cooler if I could do so. Thanks.

Ganonator
03-25-2005, 01:00 AM
http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=tilesets, also check in the ZC Developers Exchange forum here.

Dart Zaidyer
03-25-2005, 01:30 AM
Zelda Classic is fully capable of SNES-quality graphics. Perhaps if you paid attention and checked things out, you might have learned this.

Dark Nation
03-25-2005, 08:44 AM
He *was* checking things out. He asked a question. That's how we learn things.

*b*
03-25-2005, 01:29 PM
actually, Dart_Zader, ZC is NOT fully capable of creating true SNES style graphics. it's close, but it would need two seperate palettes; overworld and sprite, to fully emulate the SNES's capabilities. tile sizes, however, are right on (yes, this is a hint to increase the palettes for ZC)

Zora_knight
03-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Pardon my ignorance.....I have just started playing and i would like to know how to take a tile set I have downloaded and import it into a quest I am creating.

Rakki
03-31-2005, 11:28 PM
If it's a tileset file(.til) you've got, you go to Quest -> Import -> Tiles, and when it asks for a number to start with, you put in the first page of tiles you want to replace, whether that be page 0 so it replaces all the old tiles, or the first blank page, which is something like 3 or 4 when using the original graphics, and then you choose the .til file from the location you saved it to. You'll also need to import paletes and probably combos for the new tiles though if you're IMPORTING tiles. If you've got a quest file(.qst) though, all you need to do is open it in ZQuest and delete the screens and/or DMaps used for showing off the tiles on whatever website you downloaded it from. You'll probably have to adjust combos to what you want as well though, and the quest rules, but that shouldn't be hard, as long as you know how to do it.