PDA

View Full Version : Question

SoStaci
03-24-2005, 03:29 PM
I know that there are 8 triforce pieces, but if you decide to make a quest that has at least 10 levels, will you have to collect another set of triforce pieces?

Gomar
03-25-2005, 01:21 PM
The most Triforce pieces you can have in one quest is 9, but that doesn't mean that you can't have ten dungeons in your quest. The "tenth" dungeon can be an extra secret level where you pick up a valuable item, money, or info.

This tenth level could also be used for more advanced things like if you wanted to make houses instead of using the "cave/item room" tile warp and give them certain dungeon-like properties. Most quests nowadays seem to take advantage of this trick, and I suggest that you use this a lot, too. It takes longer, but it is worth it.

SoStaci
03-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah, well I was thinking of doing like 15-20 levels. I've seen all these quests that are just 9 levels long, and I wanted my quest to probably be as long as possible, while making it fun and beatable.

Thanks for the information.

Gomar
03-25-2005, 05:31 PM
What you could do, then, is use some of your items from those extra dungeons and make obstacles in or before the last level (because 9 is the max amount of triforce peices possible).

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. No matter what, though, the level number of your final dungeon ABSOLUTELY MUST BE LEVEL 9. THAT IS WHAT LEVEL 9 IS RESERVED FOR.

SoStaci
03-25-2005, 05:56 PM
What you could do, then, is use some of your items from those extra dungeons and make obstacles in or before the last level (because 9 is the max amount of triforce peices possible).

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. No matter what, though, the level number of your final dungeon ABSOLUTELY MUST BE LEVEL 9. THAT IS WHAT LEVEL 9 IS RESERVED FOR.

You just gave me a brilliant idea. I could do Level 1* which would signify level 10 in this case...like an advanced version of First Quest with the same dungeon layouts, but tougher enemies/obstacles.

ty :)