PDA

View Full Version : Timesplitters 3: Future Perfect

Kairyu
03-23-2005, 12:00 AM
Just got it earlier today. I've only played it a little so far, but I like what I'm seeing. I'll add some more after a more extensive play-through.

Story mode has recieved a number of improvements. Like, actual story development. The first mission starts you off hanging upside down from a wrecked ship. You then get rescued by a few troopers, who assist you for the rest of the mission. The cutscenes are longer and more involved than TS2.

Only problems I've had with story mode is that it's kind of hard to see anything in the early stages when you're in co-op (but that's probably just the TV), and that they don't go into enough detail when explaining things like the vehicles. The manual's really skimpy, too: about 15 black-and-white pages.

The multiplayer has plenty of new, off the wall oddballs to shoot it out with, and many returning classics as well. However, I don't know what most of the weapons do yet, again because of the poor documentation.

And lastly, the Mapmaker. Did you play TS2? Do you remember the map maker in that game? Well, the interface is pretty similar (The buttons have all been reassigned, but it's not too hard to get used to), but the content has been completely revamped. You have a bit more memory to work with, plenty of tiles to place (including stackable and open-air), more items (including vehicles and ramps), and much more control over pretty much everything. You can even set individual weapon respawn speeds!

In summation, for you people who don't like reading long posts, if you thought TS2 was slightly entertaining, get this game. The mapmaker alone is enough to justify the purchase.

Edit: If that isn't enough to convince you to buy the game, how's this:
There are Ninja Monkeys.

ShadowTiger
03-23-2005, 10:12 AM
NINJA MONKEYS!!!
(Sorry, morning coffee, ... ... Plus, I love the series.)
I am so getting this game.

It's about $45, right? GCN? And what do you mean by "open air?" Can you jump in the game yet? I've tried to make maps, in which you fall from one open spot on a column to another, but I ended up just dropping to the very bottom. :shrug: What can you do now?

Oh, are there any more triggers?

Kairyu
03-23-2005, 12:58 PM
[center]NINJA MONKEYS!!!
(Sorry, morning coffee, ... ... Plus, I love the series.)

Another good reason to drink sugar water instead of coffee.

It's about $45, right?

I got it for $49.99 at a Gamestop.

GCN?

It on all three, but if you have PS2, you may want to go for that version instead. And if you have X-Box, definately go for that instead. GCN doesn't have online play, but PS2 has 8-player and the X-Box has 16 player... I think.

And what do you mean by "open air?"

As in, you move your view upward and you see clouds flying by. They also have weather, but I didn't try it out yet.

Can you jump in the game yet?

Doesn't seem so, sorry.

I've tried to make maps, in which you fall from one open spot on a column to another, but I ended up just dropping to the very bottom. :shrug: What can you do now?

I'm not sure I understand. Could you rephrase that?

Oh, are there any more triggers?
Dunno, I haven't played with the mapmaker's story mode yet.

ShadowTiger
03-23-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Could you rephrase that?Heh. Thanks for your patience. It had to do with jumping, which we can't do, .. onto a platform, from a platform across a cliff. Just map-making creativity. Thank god we have more space now. Thank you very much Kairyu. :) Always a pleasure.

AlexMax
03-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Just picked it up today.

This would have been a great buy at $20. However, I honestly don't think there is enough new content to warrent a whole new 50 dollar pricetag. The map editior still makes the same boring bland maps, the guns in multiplayer are still unbalanced as all fuck, lag is not handled well at all in online multiplayer, the campaign is yet again really underwhelming and in generall it feels underwhelming to what should have been a proper sequel.

I still like the game. It just isn't worth 50 dollars.

Pablo
03-24-2005, 01:24 AM
Maybe I'll pick this up, I bought the last 2. Oddly, though, I liked TS1 better. Maybe because I played through most of TS1 in co-op mode and 2 alone. By the way, am I the only person who bought the original? Feels like it sometimes :(