PDA

View Full Version : This is stupid but...

Link1212
03-22-2005, 01:00 AM
I recently went to the tileshop at purezc and downloaded some tilesets, but i cant figure out how to upload them to my quest. someone plz help!

Freedom
03-22-2005, 02:24 AM
Best thing to do is build your quest with them instead of trying to import them.

Cloral
03-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Go to the tile editor, and select where you want to import them. Then select 'grab', which will take you to a new screen. Here you have to pick the file that has the tiles and then select the individual tiles you want to import.

Problem is, you're not importing the pallete, so the colors on the new tiles will almost certainly be wrong. This is time to whip out the red recoloring wand.

Link1212
03-23-2005, 11:40 PM
ty. i needed to know.

Link1212
03-23-2005, 11:49 PM
oh, and how do you build your quest with them, as said in the first reply?

Rakki
03-24-2005, 06:44 AM
Well the tiles I got from PureZC weren't exported tilesets and such, but rather, quest files that you could already open in ZQ, so you probably just want to open the quest file of your tileset and then delete the rooms used to show off the tiles, and adjust the combos and any quest rules to what you want, but do NOT delete whole MAPS, delete the rooms individually. Deleting a map could cause the file to get corrupted so you can't either play or edit it, whereas deleting single rooms at a time only poses the risk of messing with currently existing rooms, though since you won't be using any of those rooms anyway, it won't matter even if it does mess any up(if it does, it'll mess up rooms that are close to it, so you probably don't have to worry about item rooms or dungeon template rooms getting messed up).