PDA

View Full Version : The AGN X-Fire username exchange

AlexMax
03-21-2005, 12:04 AM
So what is X-Fire? It's an instant messenger for gamers. It will allow you to chat with your xfire friends, see what they are playing as well as their friends, join servers with them, grab the latest patches for your games, get in-game non-intrusive messaging and even create nifty little siggies like mine. Because this kicks ass, I'm starting the official xfire messanger thread here.

Download XFire here! (http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=download)

Post your screen name here:

alexmax

QUESTION: This is annoying. When I start windows, X-fire always pops up. Is there any way for it to start minimized?

ANSWER: Sure. Xfire starts automatically because it's in your Startup menu in the Start Menu. Change the properties of the shortcut to xfire so that it starts minimized, and it'll never get in your way.

QUESTION: Why is my username in lowercase? Can I change it?

ANSWER: Because xfire is stupid lol. However, your username can have an alias attached to it, which is what everyone who messages you sees. You still have to give out the origional lowercase username if you want people you don't know to message you, but other than that, your alias has priority over it. You can change it from your user control panel, located here (https://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=editprofile) Or, from within Xfire, bring up the messenger window, then go to the Tools menu, then click Options..., then go to the Display tab and enter your desired alias in the Nickname field.

QUESTION: How do I create a cool signature like yours?

ANSWER: This webpage (http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=miniprofileinstructions) will not only tell you how to put your profile in your signature, it will allow you to customize it as well.

QUESTION: Can it track games you aren't playing online too?

ANSWER: Some of them. For example, The Chronicles of Riddick is on the supported games list and it's Single Player only.

DsS Game
03-21-2005, 12:12 AM
mine is:

thesyngame

I saw that nifty thing on your sig so yeah I had to get in it. Cool messenger. Got the awls skin and all xD

AtmaWeapon
03-21-2005, 12:53 AM
I see GunBound on the list so that may convince me to install it again, though I'm in "start programming project" mode rather than "lose games while verbally abusing teens" mode. Can it track games you aren't playing online too? I'd really like people to see how much time I waste in single play.

Coder GT
03-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Ok, I'll give this a try...

My name is: xargon646

Masamune
03-21-2005, 01:52 AM
I'm forte647

I mostly just play WoW, Gunbound, and I guess EVE Online now. =o

AtmaWeapon
03-22-2005, 09:49 PM
CURSE YOU ALEXMAX!!! I am now downloading Gunbound. The remnants of my life now hate you.

My name? It's asecrettoeverybody.

You'll see a lot of Gunbound out of me, but once I get back in college and have time to play I'll start Neverwinter on my friend's server.

Gerudo
03-22-2005, 11:55 PM
um... gerudo...

AtmaWeapon
03-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Is there a way that xfire can track the time I spend playing GBA too? I just kind of put KOTOR down for SMA4 and Tetris Worlds but I'd like the worthless hours I waste to count for something.

DsS Game
04-05-2005, 12:30 AM
I don't think there is. If there was then I would have X-men Vs. Street Fighter on here. I'm only assuming it only supports legal games.

Lutraphobiac
04-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Uhh.. lutraphobiac

I play WoW mostly at the moment.

Here is my list according to X-Fire:
Counter-Strike 1.6 | Play Frequently
Counter-Strike Source | Play Frequently
Ghost Recon | Rarely play but I like the game
Half-Life 2 | Trying to beat it on Hard at the moment
Half-Life Source | Haven't played
Morrowind | Don't play anymore because I pretty much did everything
Rise of Nations | Play in spurts but usually the Conquer the World Campaigns
Rise of Nations - Thrones & Patriots | See above
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 | Rarely Play
SimCity 4 | Rarely Play
StarCraft | Don't play anymore but I am always up to a game
StarCraft: BroodWar | See above
World of Warcraft | My precious

Paradox
04-18-2005, 01:25 PM
synth

I play mostly HL2: DM and CS:S... occasionally WC3

Dark Knight
04-29-2005, 07:14 PM
darkerknight. I mostly play Guild Wars. You'll probably see me playing others as well.

g4conman
05-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Mine is g4conman. what else could it posibly be? :laughing:

g4conman
05-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Mine is g4conman. what else could it posibly be? :laughing:

bigjoe
06-05-2005, 08:30 PM
Mine is beyondthejoe. ;) I probably dont have all the same games but add me if ya want.

linkofzelda1
06-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm Aldirn.

I mostly play Guild Wars and World of Warcraft.

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-05-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm hokienin (damn xfire doesn't support brackets either)
All I play is Starcraft Broodwar. :D
My comp. sucks.

DsS Game
09-28-2005, 05:13 AM
For those wondering if xfire can track emulators:

Right now I just received the update, the ONLY emulator right now that is supported by xfire is mame32.

Haha now that means good news for me. More hardcore XvSF gaming for me ^^

AJLetson
10-24-2005, 06:02 PM
UID is ajletson. I play....um....lemme see here...maybe 2 games? Mainly MapleStory, if anyone's heard of it.

War Lord
03-01-2006, 06:50 AM
WarLordAG