PDA

View Full Version : Megaman Anniversary Collection Discussion | MMAC 2!!!

Coder GT
03-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Welcome. This is for discussion on one of the great anniversary collections of all time, MMAC...If you don't remember what this is, it is MM 1-8 & MM The Fighters 1&2(or whatever the hell It's called)....Add in some special features. Gamecube folks can relish the G4 Icon Episode talking about Megaman...while all 3 of the consoles get other cool special features like music and drawings for conquering games. A small 200-300 kb is all that is needed to save on the memory card.

I love this collection it was awesome, a little pricey though ($30 when it came out)....but other than that it is awesome...it kinda pwns Sonic Mega Collection because they screwed up on the unlcoking and memory card saving. Very good, if you are a MM enthusiast then get it!

From what I heard, Rose told me that they said on the Capcom forums that they are coming out with another collection. This will be their third. And this is for Megaman X-X6!!!! Plus a never before released MM game...these are the details so far...

So...if you have MMAC, are you going to get it? If you had it, did you enjoy it? What do you think of the news of the MMX Collection?

Blonde799
03-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Gamespot said that a X collection was supposedly due by Capcom along with some other retro game collections a while ago. I probably won't get the X collection.

Kairyu
03-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Atomic Planet made the first collection, which contained MM1-8, and the two arcade games. The port was supposedly horrible, and I ended up not getting it. If you want more in-depth reasons, check the previous posts on the game.

The upcoming collections are a Game Boy collection on the GBA, and a MMX collection on... I don't know if they've specified the systems yet. Thing is, the GBA collection was originally slated for... wasn't it this time last year? It might have been last Fall, actually, but the point is it's been pushed back multiple times.

Does anyone know if Atomic Planet is doing these collections as well?

vegeta1215
03-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Atomic Planet made the first collection, which contained MM1-8, and the two arcade games. The port was supposedly horrible, and I ended up not getting it. If you want more in-depth reasons, check the previous posts on the game.

I ended up not getting it because they freakin' reversed the shoot and jump buttons :mad2: (as I said in the post I created on the topic a while back) That and it costs $30, which is not worth it in my opinion. The Sonic Mega Collection is a much better collection, despite how annoying it is to unlock some of the other games - its worth it for Ristar though ;)

btw, do any of you have links to info on the possible Mega Man X Collection?

Kairyu
03-21-2005, 12:40 AM
www.mmhp.net is where I go for MM info. They're the most reliable site I've seen. More so than Capcom, sometimes. And it's not flash-based, so 56k people are not shafted.

Coder GT
03-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Hmm, thanks for bringing that link up! I forgot to bookmark it when I saw it last time.

Grasshopper
03-21-2005, 06:46 PM
I ended up not getting it because they freakin' reversed the shoot and jump buttons :mad2: (as I said in the post I created on the topic a while back) That and it costs $30, which is not worth it in my opinion.

Then get the Xbox version (if you have one). Its only $19.99, and you can customize the buttons, last I've heard.

And its all depends on how much you care about MM I guess. I thought $30 was well worth it. :shrug:

I think MMAC for the Gameboy was suppose to be out in Nov 2004.

Kairyu
03-21-2005, 06:52 PM
It still doesn't have the Saturn version of Mega Man 8 or Wily's Tower from Wily Wars, though, right?

Gerudo
03-21-2005, 07:25 PM
You people that didn't get MMAC don't know what you're missing! I got the PS2 version because it had the remixed music. The button setup for PS2 did not annoy me at all, but how forgetfully hard they were, did.

Ganonator
03-21-2005, 07:30 PM
I would really like to see the X series in a collectors edition, and I'm happy with my current MMAC for gamecube. A lot of people bitched about the control setup, but after playing for maybe an hour, I didn't notice any problems. I would seriously love to have more.

Kairyu
03-21-2005, 07:32 PM
I have a pretty good idea. I have 2-8 on their original consoles, as well as an imported copy of R&F, the Arcade games on my PC, and a PSX->USB converter. 1 was too hard anyway.

ZTC
03-28-2005, 01:41 PM
the first one is nuts...

I'm still waiting for the collection for the GBA..

bah :mad:

Foamy
03-28-2005, 01:56 PM
imo I hated the old school games but loved the x sires and if this x colection does come out ill be there at game stop to get it.

If your a real MMX fan you would fidgure out that in x1-4 sigma is the final boss which gets anoying.

And ive never made it to the final boss in 5 and 6

DarkFlameWolf
03-29-2005, 12:09 AM
its still Sigma

Blonde799
03-29-2005, 11:46 AM
In X-X8, Sigma appears. Sigma was the most pitiful in X6 though.

DarkFlameWolf
03-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Megaman X Command Mission was the only X game that didn't have Sigma as the final boss. And the rpg aspect was quite decent too. Recommend the game to everyone.

Foamy
03-29-2005, 02:05 PM
I don't want to get too far off topic but can you give me some more detales on command mission, I really want to know what makes it so good. Im pretty picky when it comes to games.

Coder GT
03-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Sigma will probably always be the main boss of the MMX games. As....Dr.Wily was the main boss of the MM games.

DarkFlameWolf
03-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Well, since Command Mission is a side-story to the main story of the X series, Sigma is NOT the main boss. I won't tell you who it is, since it spoils a major plot point. But it should be pretty obvious about half way through. Anyway, Command Mission takes the side-scrolling Mega Man series and changes it into a 3D RPG world with turn-based battles. However, if you've played other RPGs from squaresoft, the battle system is similar to Xenogears/Vagrant Story (forgot which, but its similar to one of the two). The secondary weapons, at first, may not seem helpful at all. But the better items you get to fill those two secondary weapon slots, the more strategical the game will get. Its quite a innovative battle system. :) The story is simple but effective, it'll keep your interest until the end if you get past the first few chapters. As for replay value, it has a friggin lot! With other 20 different challenges to complete, tons of unlockable movies, music, wallpapers, scarfs and character models, you'll be scouring the game to find them all.

Blonde799
03-29-2005, 04:40 PM
In X8, Sigma isn't the final boss, he's more of a pawn. Although you'll probably know who it really is about halfway through.