PDA

View Full Version : WarioWare: touched - My Review

punkonjunk1024
03-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Well... I bought it yesterday; at around 8pm. Sadly enough, I've beaten it already. It does lack length, but I wouldn't say it’s not worth the money. If you liked the first warioware for GBA, this game is a must.

Graphics - 6/10
Jesus. Almost the same as GBA. It's nice to see a very few 3D elements, but it's less than 10 games that incorporate them. A huge disappointment, I'd like to see the DS's capabilities used much better.

Game play - 9/10
Oh man. The most ADD satisfying way to pass 10 hours available. The variation of styles is awesome, and the replay value is relatively good, as you can up the difficulty of each character after you play through it outside the story mode. The blowing games are really tedious, it could just be my asthma speaking, but I hated them.

Length - 0/10
Terrible. I don't think developing more games would have been greatly difficult, at all. I doubt there was a space issue. It could have, it should have been longer. Maybe incorporating games that don't require the stylus, and recycling some favorites from the first warioware. But shit, it’s much, much too short.

Storyline - 0/10
Why is it even there? Its garbage. Not funny. At least the first WW story made me laugh on a few occasions. This one... didn't. At all. It didn't seem to even be relevant to anything, and wasn't "tied up" upon completion of the game.

Overall - 7/10
Short. Depending on your wallet, may or may not be worth it. But it's a great way to bomb any random ten minutes of time, if you can't get into an actual game. The game play is completely stylus oriented, which gets tiresome for some games, but overall, I'm glad I purchased it. It was this, or yoshi's touch and go. :shrug:
Great game, just much too short.

AlexMax
03-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Wario Ware isn't about being long. It's about ttrying to beat your own high scores until the speed drives you batshit insane.

punkonjunk1024
03-20-2005, 10:23 PM
I understand that. but they could have easily added more games. Hell, the one for GBA had more than this one. :shrug:

Grasshopper
03-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Graphics are simple in this game to make things easily recognizable. This stuff speeds up and flys by fast, thats why its simple.

My only complaint is that with the precision of a stylus, some games are ridiculously easy when you try to beat a high scores on them. For instance, the match game, where you strike the match across the box to light it. The speed would not increase anymore, because it had already peaked, and I still hadn't missed once out of the 4 chances you get. I purposly lost all 4 times after I got past 300 just because the battery on my DS was going to go out before I was. Now my high score is 305 on that game.

punkonjunk1024
03-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah. A few games just suck like that. Some of them are too hard, too. But over all, it is pretty good. I spent the time to get all the silver crowns for my characters, and it sure as hell was worth it. PyroT is as fun as orbit ball, the two of which I play most often. I understand the simplicity, but take the stop! egg game for example - It exploits the systems 3D capabilites, as a do a few other games. it would have been very easy to incoperate that into other games that weren't as motion paced. But thats just me. Not a major complaint, but i'm voicing them equally to my liking. It's still a great way to pass the last 5 minutes of class. Although I'm sure I look like a flaming moron blowing fiercely into my DS.