PDA

View Full Version : WoW night.

Masamune
03-19-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm just assuming most people here who play WoW play on Silver Hand. So this only pertains to you Silver Hand people. So I'm thinking we should all go questing or something one night regardless of level. How 'bout it?

Name: Treble
Level: 13
Job: Rogue

Post your stats too. ;p

EDIT: could've sworn this was GGD.... could a mod move this please? =(

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-20-2005, 02:13 AM
Sorry, I play on Khadgar. That, and I play on my brother's account, and he lives nearly an hour away...

For the sake of curiousity, what race are you playing, and what professions have you chosen, if any?

Masamune
03-20-2005, 03:51 AM
I chose human. Didn't want to be a midget, didn't want to be a night elf. Human seemed like a good balance. And I'm in skinning and leatherworking. As of now, Skinning is at about 107 and leatherworking at about 70.

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-20-2005, 11:51 PM
I chose Skinning and Herbalism, purely cash generating skills. I've also got the three secondary professions, First Aid, Cooking, and Fishing. The primaries aren't that high yet, because I just chose them last time I played, so they're only 20 or 30 points apiece.

Glitch
03-21-2005, 12:37 AM
I'll hop on here in a few.

Character Info
Name: Renmazuo
Race: Dwarf
Class: Hunter
Level: 26

Professions:
Leatherworking : 137
Skinning : 181
Fishing : 93

Rainman
03-22-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm currently fucking banned from my college connection so... yeah, I won't be doing any WoWing until that's fixed.

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Heh, why are you banned from the internet, Rainman? That blows! Unless you were... say... file swapping? Everyone knows that only evil people who deserve to be banned do that... :tongue:

Does this mean you used to play WoW, or that you would if you could?

Rainman
03-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Heh, why are you banned from the internet, Rainman? That blows! Unless you were... say... file swapping? Everyone knows that only evil people who deserve to be banned do that... :tongue:

Heh, you're actually close to the truth of why I was banned, but not the reality. The college internet service, ResNet, sensed a LAN connection set up on my computer and automatically shut off my service until I get the situation corrected. After that, they will wait about a week for no good reason and, only then, reactivate the service.

The funny thing is that have no idea why I had a LAN connection set up. I was just sitting there doing nothing but browsing the internet when suddenly I got a message that warned me "Oh noes! Your LAN connection isn't getting any data!!!!111" Now, I immediately thought that that was a good thing because I didn't want it in the first place because ResNet frowns on that. I immediately disabled the local area connection, but it was too late and the connection was turned off. I called immediately and explained myself, but there is nothing they can do until some ResNet guy comes and makes sure I'm not sharing files or something. :rolleyes:

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-22-2005, 04:55 PM
So... wait, what? Aren't you technically connected to a LAN in the first place, through the college network? When I was in my student housing apartment back in Minneapolis, my laptop always refered to my connection as a local area network connection. I'm not exactly an A+ guru, but I understand enough to be intelligently confused...

Rainman
03-23-2005, 12:50 PM
No, it's not a network. That would make it really easy for us students to swap files. They have it set up so you can only connect to the internet.

Archibaldo
03-24-2005, 02:27 PM
What night will this happen?
My stats (I just started on Silverhand yesterday)

Name: Archibaldo
Race: Human
Class: Paladin
Level: 6

Cloral
03-24-2005, 03:40 PM
That's odd - at my school, ResNet was a huge lan connection and you could directly connect to anyone else on the network that would let you. DC++ was huge because of this, and nobody on the outside could do anything about it since you had to have a 128.111 IP address (UCSB domain) to get on it.

Masamune
03-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Perhaps next weekend like friday or saturday we can all get on and fuck around. you know. Trade, duel, go hunting, do some group quests.

Lutraphobiac
03-24-2005, 04:45 PM
I am in the same boat as my brother, but here are my stats

Level 33 Tauren Warrior
Felwarrior Guild
Skilled in skinning(215) and mining(175)
Likes long nights in an instances and cuddling

My alt is an alliance character so I will probably use him.

Level 13 Night Elf Druid
No guild
Just started skinning and leatherworking. That might change.

obi
03-24-2005, 10:04 PM
Sucks that I can't play on US servers =/

For the sake of the post though
Level 30 Human Warlock
Mining and Engineering are my chosen professions and I have cooking, fishing and first aid but I've only gone as far as possessing them, nothing more.