PDA

View Full Version : Talk or read

Matti-Koopa
03-19-2005, 09:44 AM
I have a big question.
I want that the Player press A to talk to persons or to read a signpost. I want there a string comes. Is this possible?
In other games this is...
Thanks,
Para-Matti-Koopa

ShadowTiger
03-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Take a look in This (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=6&t=3999&st=0) thread and see if you can find anything useful. ;)

Other than that, it's very, very complex. It involves sword flags, having secret warps spawn under you when you strike something, (There's no action button) and having this being the only thing on the screen you can interact with due to its inherent complexity.

DeFray
03-21-2005, 11:30 AM
It is not possible to do this in the way you want. You could make it look as if a message displays when Link walks up to the sign, though. It's a complicated way to do it that involves sending Link to another screen. Here's how:

1. First, make sure there are no other tile warps on the screen you want the sign on. We'll call this Screen A. (If there are any other tile warps on that screen, this trick won't work.)
2. Set up the screen so that Link can only approach the sign from below. (Put trees or something around it and behind it.)
3. Create a screen identical to Screen A in a different DMap. Call this new screen Screen B. (The easiest way to do this is to use C and V to copy and paste a screen.)
4. Put a direct warp combo just below the sign on Screen A. (It's a good idea to make a direct warp combo that looks like the ground around it so it doesn't seem out of place.)
5. Set your direct warp combo to warp Link to Screen B.
6. Set the String of Screen B to be whatever you want the sign to say.
7. When Link goes to Screen B the direct warp will send him to the combo right below the sign. Go to Screen B. Put direct warp combos all around the point where Link will appear. Set all these direct warp combos to go back to Screen A.

The idea is that, when Link walks up to the sign, he will be warped to a different screen where a string will display for him (as if he was reading the sign). Then, as soon as Link walks away from the sign, he will be warped back to the first screen again. Since you're using direct warps, Link should switch between screens so quickly that the player doesn't even know he changed screens at all.

Remember that the string won't appear if there is no guy on screen B, and it also won't display if the level number for Screen B's Dmap is 0.

Now, for your question about pushing A, you could set up the sign to display a message when Link hits it with his sword. Set a secret combo just beneath the sign on Screen A to be a direct warp, and put a Slash flag on the sign. Everything else would be done the same way as above.
If you did this you wouldn't be able to have any other secrets or warps on that screen.

EDIT-----
Dang! The post goes two days without a reply and then BH4 replies before me! :rolleyes: Figures. :)

Matti-Koopa
03-22-2005, 02:46 PM
I tryed it, but the String won't appear!
+Yes, on Screen B is a guy (Abei I choose)
+Screen B is on Map 2
Can you explain Point 6 near? Do you mean the "Message String S" in the "Data"-Menu?
I have choosed a String there, but it won't appear! It only appears, if I make the Tile Warp to Cave/Item Room...
I can send you my Quest (.qst-File) if you want.
A secound problem is the Warp-speed. It must bu faster (like you say after Point 7)...
I hope I not make you too mutch conjunctures! Besides I know ZC quite good I think. Out of a smal problem with Palette 13...but thats a other case...
Thanks,
Para-Matti-Koopa

Matti-Koopa
03-24-2005, 01:17 PM
@DeFray
PLEASE WRITE BACK!!!!!! :scared:

Nwart
03-27-2005, 03:05 AM
Hi,
Don't know if this is your problem, but the DMAP you are using to send Link to screen B must be a cave or dungeon type, and its level number must be greater than 0. If this is not the case, this DMAP will be a overworld one and you can't read string directly on a overworld screen.

Edit: it looks good for immediate warp when you reach the sign, that's the way it is done in certain custom quests. I tried with a sword flag on the sign, which is what you want, but there are two problems:
_the secret remains triggered, so after you hit the sign, the warp will stay (so you won't have to strike the sign again to read it).
_the problem with the direct warp combo is that it won't work until you move. So if you hit the sign and wait for the message, it doesn't appear, but it will when you try to go away, and that's what 99% players will do.

Matti-Koopa
03-27-2005, 05:59 AM
Thanks @
Britainhero4
DeFray
Nwart
I've cleared the problem.
But I must set the Warpspeed up, because the player recognize the warp...
How I can du this?
greez,
Para-Matti-Koopa