PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patrick's Day

Coder GT
03-17-2005, 11:44 PM
To all the people who celebrate it, happy St. Patty's day! Lol, my first thread in GD. Ok, this is really late, but I forgot to post about this. So what did you all do today if you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Who on the board is Irish?

phattonez
03-18-2005, 12:26 AM
I did nothing. I got pinched a few times and socked one guy who punched me twice. I am half-Cuban, part British and part German. I have no Irish so I don't see the point in celebrating this day.

moocow
03-18-2005, 12:53 AM
I worked and punched my manager in the arm after she pinched me. My shoes have green laces :p

DsS Game
03-18-2005, 01:15 AM
I had school. The only good thing that came out of this day is the purchase of my copy of Tekken 5.

Manny
03-18-2005, 01:21 AM
Didn't really do much though Boston is supposidly famous for St. Patricks Day celebrating. I went out for a bit, came back, had a few beers while watching Family Guy / Futurama and that was it. Nothing special. It's all good though.
Happy St. Patty's day ya'al,
-manny

Beldaran
03-18-2005, 01:36 AM
I didn't realize it was St. Patrick's day until just now. I wore a black Van Halen T-shirt, and since I am on spring break, I didn't do anything except go to band practice and beat the 7th dungeon in Legend of Zelda.

Ganon's Minion
03-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Here's a good St. Patrick's joke: An Irish man walks out of a bar. =/ (I heard that from my friend at another forum).

{DSG}DarkRaven
03-18-2005, 01:59 AM
I didn't do much of anything, but I am Irish, somewhere far back in my family tree. One of my great grandmother's was pure Irish, I'm told.

Blarney.

Lutraphobiac
03-18-2005, 03:18 AM
I did nothing for St. Patricks day. Part of the reason would probably be because I am not a drinker. It will be interesting to see all the hangovers tomorrow.

Oh, I am Irish and Italian. Apparently that means I should be drinking wine at dinner and beers everynight. Maybe I need to catchup.

I was going to do post a joke where I told a poster that said she had no irish ancestory that I would "put some Irish in her", but the only one that did that was Phattonez. Sorry Phattonez, I am just not that way.

Cloral
03-18-2005, 04:47 AM
I was one of only about 3 people at the office who wore green today (and there are 40+ people who work there). I kinda had to though, since I am 1/4 Irish. I was disappointed in everyone's lack of interest in the holiday.

Glitch
03-18-2005, 08:43 AM
I went to our weekly poker game last night (with WL and few other friends). Upon arriving I noticed not a single person there (about 9 people) had green on, and only a few of us drank. I wasn't even in the mood to really do much drinking (as I had planned) due to the cold I managed to get...../me stabs moocow.

ZTC
03-18-2005, 12:33 PM
eh, I went college yesterday, wore my green jacket, and my green Packers shirt; nothing else :rolleyes:
as for being Irish, I'm not

ShadowTiger
03-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Meh, same as TC. I wore a green shirt I got for my birthday four years ago from a semi-friend, (He claims he found it in the garbage can. I sorta believe him. :p Thank god I washed it numerous times.) but other than that, it was just a normal day. Not too many people at school were wearing green. I didn't experience any pinch from any source whatsoever. It could have been a normal day as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, except we got green cupcakes, and green donuts. Someone in 11th grade had a green bagel with green cream cheese.

And that morning, I had green milk. ... But nobody colored it green. :shakeno: I was surprised how quickly I ran to the sink...

ocelot
03-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Why are you talking about St. Patrick's Day today, when it was yesterday?

ShadowTiger
03-18-2005, 01:21 PM
.. :odd: .. I would assume, that it's for the same reason anyone would ask how someone's birthday went, the day after their birthday? :shrug: C'mon man, you knew that! :p

Oh boy. Easter vacation is in less than two weeks. I can't wait. I wish St. Patrick's day had a vacation. (Then again, I -AM- off the day after. :p Heh. :sly: )

ocelot
03-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Oh I see, having coversations the day after would probably be better. :D never mind then

Coder GT
03-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Well I kinda posted thsi at 10 PM....so basically 2 hours before the end of the holiday. That font color is hot :D. Anyway, I'm not Irish either. But me and everyone else who's basically Catholic or not has been preparing for the next Holiday....Easter. At least at a religious point of view.

Archibaldo
03-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I went to school! YAY! But there was one kid there who had a green t-shirt saying "St. Patrick's Day in Montreal; Kiss me I'm Irish, but slip me the tongue because I'm french too"

punkonjunk1024
03-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Ah, and now to rain on some parade.
St. Patricks day. Celebrating what, again? The assimilation and discrimination of pagan's and druids into the christian religion.
Driving the snakes out. DRUIDS HAD SNAKE TATOOS. Do... some... research? Kindof a sick holiday, if you ask me.
But anyhow.
Just my 2 cents.