PDA

View Full Version : Cutseen Problemz!!!!

questerd00dman^
03-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Its been a while since ive posted anything because of internet blocks. Anyway... In my main focused on quest: Kirby The Legend of Black and White Kirby, i'm working on the begining cutseen to set up the story and I made it where on the title screen you push left to start. That takes me to the first frame of the cutseen and I don't warp at all from that screen I kept on checking the cutseenEX.qst file in the tutorial and I had all the side warps set to the next screen with no triggers like it has in the quest file to animate the cutseen. Also at the 2 parts in the cutseen where it makes the player press a direction to continue after the text is gone with the side warp trigger as insta-warp to the direction of the next screen (left) well, the string wont appear. Does anyone have any ideas of what im missing? Maybe I'll try posting screenshots if you cant find out what I mean.:mega:
Time for my thanks in advance so, thanks.

-Xero

DeFray
03-16-2005, 11:28 AM
For your first problem, I think you just need to go into Data-->Screen Data and set a number of Timed Warp Tics.

Timed Warp Tics:
Each tic counts as 1/60 seconds. A countdown begins once Link has entered that screen, and once your set number if tics has run out Link immediately warps to another screen. In order to determine what screen Link warps to, set a side warp without triggers.

Why won't the string appear? First, make sure that you have your guy and string for the screen set. Also, I think I heard Freedom say once that you have to have the level number of the dmap set to something above 0 or above 10 (I'm not sure which) to make the string and guy show up.

questerd00dman^
03-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Yay it works now! :) both the cutseen animation and the message strings.
Thanks.:mega:

-Xero