PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's been 4 years now...

DarkDragoonX
03-14-2005, 07:32 PM
... 4 years since I joined AGN. I never thought I'd be here this long. Granted, I may not post as frequently as I used to, but don't ever make the mistake of thinking I'm gone. Oh, I've tried joining other message boards... I've never made it more thana month on any of them. I don't know what keeps me coming back to AGN, but there's something here that keeps me leashed.

4 years is a long time in internet years. I've seen dozens of members, both good and bad, arrive, and leave, and some even returned at a later date. I've seen ZC go from a modest fan game to a masterful program. I've seen Shattered Earth take it's first tentative steps... whether or not it ever becomes what it was intended to be is still up in the air. I remember when I became a beta tester Galaga Advanced, and how disappointed I was when the project ended... by the way, if anybody still has their copy of the beta, e-mail it to me!

I remember some of the great threads... From Breaker's classic "You know you're a newb if..." to the old Lilith prank. I remember seeing TSA reach 10000 posts (quite an achievement!). And of course, who can forget the birth of Chibi JJ? It's been a long four years. With any luck, I'll be around for the next four.

Manny
03-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Grats mate, been quite a trip eh? Even in my short time here (off and on since 2001) it's been nice. Hope you stick around for longer! Cheers to another 4 years~
take it easy,
-manny

Archibaldo
03-14-2005, 08:59 PM
4 years... wow, congratulations man. To another 4 years! Hazaa!

Raichu86
03-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Cool; congratulations. I remember you complimenting me on my first quest. It's great to have longevity in the members here. Here's hoping for another four years. :D

Ganon's Minion
03-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Congrats, DDX. Alas, I will be reaching my 4 year mark as well next month. Those are some fond and funny memories there. Good luck in the future.

Rijuhn
03-14-2005, 10:37 PM
4 years, has it really been that long? I too will soon share that accomplishment as my 4 year anniversary is coming up in May. I remember when I first visited AGN back in December of 2000, going back and forth between threads getting to know the people before I ever posted. I remember I was a member of the crappy IGN boards, (God knows how they are doing now), but something about AGN made me really want to return and finally have my presence known.

6 months later I joined after reading up on all the major members to not be such a noob. I remember the classic black, ZC, OZ, FFIII something, Galaga, SE, and an AGN RPG idea that was floating around.

Over the next three years I would grow up into who I am today. I can't give AGN credit for all of what I am today, but I have learned to be patient, to understand others points of view before fiercely defending my own, and most importantly that there are others out there just like me that care...well, care enough to reply to my threads with one sentence.

Yes, I have seen a lot on these boards, and I would not have it any other way. I don't think Armageddon GAMES Network is really about the games in the first place, it's about the faceless personas that string together coherent messages that bring out the best and worst of us. Here's to another 4 years! :)

Coder GT
03-14-2005, 10:52 PM
4 years is good, nice. I know how you feel I've been here for almost 4 years. And the longest forum I've been on for is JCF. Where I have been there since it started in Jan 2001. Well, I joined in April, so I've been there for 5 years. But It's a good feeling to know that you've been in the game for a long time. The best part is, your post count doesn't even matter. And when your banned, that doesn't matter either, your length of time on the boards can't freeze or anything.

Anyway, maybe you can stay around for another 4 years and make a topic like this again!

ShadowTiger
03-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Wow, man. Congratulations. Thank you for gracing AGN with your presence for al these years. :) Thank you for bringing another bit of intelligence to the forums in the way that you have. (Don't ask any questions. Just soak up the glory. :p )
I really should have joined back in December '2000 when I knew about AGN. I would be celebrating this much earlier.

ZTC
03-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Congradulations on being here for 4 years :D
to another four!