PDA

View Full Version : Paul and I are starting the process to buy a house :) :)

Prrkitty
03-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Paul and I went thru the pre-approval loan procedure yesterday so we can buy a house. YIPPEE!!!

We go to look at a few houses this afternoon. This is the first house purchase for both of us.

Anyone have any pearls of wisdom, voice of experience, thoughts... etc?
Thanks ahead of time :)
<hug>

moocow
03-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Congrats babe! Good luck on your house hunt!! *hug*

goKi
03-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Congratulations. Hopefully you find the perfect house. :)

Rainman
03-14-2005, 04:22 PM
That's awesome. I'll hold my congrats though until you actually get the house. ;)

Prrkitty
03-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Thank you very much for the well wishes. It's a scary process but I hope one that's quickly handled and we're settled into a new home by June.

:)

Manny
03-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Hoo-rah!!! That's awesome Kitty, best of luck to you and your man! Hope it all works out!
Cheers,
-manny

ShadowTiger
03-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Wow! :D :kawaii: Congratulations PrrKitty! :thumbsup: You and Paul are going to love whatever house you pick. ... (Yeah, .. obviously. :p )

So what did you have in mind? Seashore? You're in Oregon, right? I'm sure they have shores there, but they're bound to be expensive. Well, I'm in Oceanside, NY, somewhat close to the Shore, (About 20 minutes away from Long Beach.) and it's not too expensive, relative to other New Yorkian dwellings.

linkofzelda1
03-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Are you still in Hillsboro? Or closer to West Linn, like me?

If you remember me, that is. ;)

Ganon's Minion
03-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Wow, congratulations. I hope you find the perfect house, and I know you guys will. :thumbsup:

Prrkitty
03-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Hiya link... yes honey I remember you :)

and we're in Hillsboro (hopefullly to find a home over close to the Jones Farm Campus (for Intel)).

We saw 5 houses today. 2 very nice houses... 3 not so nice. The 2 nice ones were over 200k a piece. <blah> We can't afford a house that high. So... we'll keep looking.

:) I know when the time's right... it'll all fall into place.

Pablo
03-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Congratulations! Best of luck to you and your husband. Make sure to post lots of pics :D

EDIT: Hey sweet, post 1989. I'd have something witty to say about my number of posts matching my birth year, but I'm spent.

Ich
03-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Remember, affording a house is more than the mortgage payments; you'll need money in the event your plumbing screws up one day, or if your roof just starts leaking. Make sure to earmark money for this kind of stuff, just as you'd set aside money to be able to buy new tires every couple years for your car. My grandmother used to be a realtor.

Oh, and congrats!